Carthage vs Midlothian Heritage, Friday November 30th, 7:30p.m @ The Star

bossman1

Which Team will Advance  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Dawgs
    • Jags

This poll is closed to new votes

Heritage is getting out of school at 1:00...………….Heritage fans will be at the Star EARLY...…… Heritage side will be packed...……….Parking will still be available at 7:00 when Carthage faculty/staff/students that stay until Carthage's final bell rings might be arriving, but parking will be a good ways from the stadium and sparse

46 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yep, his big picture plans and vision trump any in game strategy to win that game in pre-district and even in district lots of times. Every year he’s going to have his QB throw a ton in pre-district so he gets lots of in game reps and builds trust with his receivers.

Teams scoring in the 70s catches everyone’s attention and they’re possibly considered the best in the state. Carthage scores in the 40s or low 50s and it doesn’t jump off the page. The other thing Surratt does in all games is when the outcome is known he pulls starters on both sides of the ball and gets backups (future starters) game experience so when their times come they’ve already played on Friday nights and have some confidence. It’s a well oiled machine and Surratt does it without running up the score on the opposition. You look at Liberty Hill and Argyle scores this year and see they are putting 70+ on folks every so often and have done it all season. People go, “Wow, they have to be unstoppable and the best!”, not so fast, pump the brakes just a bit. 

yep.  been saying this since it became obvious early on.  and we haven't even talked about what influence this has been on kids to be a part of learning what it takes to succeed in whatever you set out to do.  

12 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Heritage is getting out of school at 1:00...………….Heritage fans will be at the Star EARLY...…… Heritage side will be packed...……….Parking will still be available at 7:00 when Carthage faculty/staff/students that stay until Carthage's final bell rings might be arriving, but parking will be a good ways from the stadium and sparse

sure hope someone wakes up on this.  don't need a lot of people having to speed down the highway to make the game.  

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yep, his big picture plans and vision trump any in game strategy to win that game in pre-district and even in district lots of times. Every year he’s going to have his QB throw a ton in pre-district so he gets lots of in game reps and builds trust with his receivers.

Teams scoring in the 70s catches everyone’s attention and they’re possibly considered the best in the state. Carthage scores in the 40s or low 50s and it doesn’t jump off the page. The other thing Surratt does in all games is when the outcome is known he pulls starters on both sides of the ball and gets backups (future starters) game experience so when their times come they’ve already played on Friday nights and have some confidence. It’s a well oiled machine and Surratt does it without running up the score on the opposition. You look at Liberty Hill and Argyle scores this year and see they are putting 70+ on folks every so often and have done it all season. People go, “Wow, they have to be unstoppable and the best!”, not so fast, pump the brakes just a bit. 

I love how people say "it's not our fault they couldn't stop our backups" which may be true but if your backups are THAT good, you should be winning state multiple years. It's amazing how Carthage doesn't reach the 60 point range and still win multiple state titles while others run it up and have no hardware to show at the end.

35 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Being told that Carthage is releasing school @ 2:00

7 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I love how people say "it's not our fault they couldn't stop our backups" which may be true but if your backups are THAT good, you should be winning state multiple years. It's amazing how Carthage doesn't reach the 60 point range and still win multiple state titles while others run it up and have no hardware to show at the end.

True, but I think Argyle and LH leave their starters in much longer than Surratt leaves his in. 

The one time anyone accused Surratt of running up the score it was Tatum in the first round of the playoffs. Dawgs had 56 points on the board just before half and Surratt decided to punch it one more time before half time making it 63-14 at half time, I believe. The final was 63-20 and Surratt played backups the entire 2nd half. Tatum fans were throwing temper tantrums for weeks on SDC as if Surratt kept the pounding them all game.

40 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

In defense of the district, education comes first. The school still has to be open a certain amount of days. I feel most people will probably come get their kids early from school and head to the game.

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

True, but I think Argyle and LH leave their starters in much longer than Surratt leaves his in. 

That's the point I was trying to make. They claim it's their backups but if your young players are that good, you should be winning multiple titles.

2 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

In defense of the district, education comes first. The school still has to be open a certain amount of days. I feel most people will probably come get their kids early from school and head to the game.

Certain number of minutes. Carthage has a bunch of extra minutes built in 

It's a double edged sword on the releasing early.  You will have all the parents who don't go to the games complaining that they have nothing to do with their kids when school let's out early.  "All they care about is football!" will be all over facebook.

I'm thinking about keeping mine home all day.  May get the urge to leave at lunch...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

It's a double edged sword on the releasing early.  You will have all the parents who don't go to the games complaining that they have nothing to do with their kids when school let's out early.  "All they care about is football!" will be all over facebook.

I'm thinking about keeping mine home all day.  May get the urge to leave at lunch...

Yeah, there’ll always be those people looking to bash Carthage for “only caring about football”.

Dude, it’s a long drive through DFW traffic for all those who do care about football. Those who don’t care can make arrangements once a year to get their kids one hour early and stay east. 

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

There are a lot of parents who will check out their kids at 1pm tomorrow.  The ones who suffer the most are the faculty and staff.

• Like 1

Passing attack for Carthage is really dynamic. They can score really quick. Only way to stop it or should I say minimize it is to have a heck of a rushing offense I think that's been shown. PG went man to man coverage and gave up over 400 yrds in the air. The problem with trying to beat Carthage is you really have to have a front that can get pressure without blitzing... yea good luck with that. Otherwise you have to come up with some really exotic blitzes to get pressure on Capps. He is subject to turn the ball over sometimes if you get some guys in his face, but if he plants that back foot with 3 seconds or more to throw it will be a long day. Ill say Carthage by 17.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Passing attack for Carthage is really dynamic. They can score really quick. Only way to stop it or should I say minimize it is to have a heck of a rushing offense I think that's been shown. PG went man to man coverage and gave up over 400 yrds in the air. The problem with trying to beat Carthage is you really have to have a front that can get pressure without blitzing... yea good luck with that. Otherwise you have to come up with some really exotic blitzes to get pressure on Capps. He is subject to turn the ball over sometimes if you get some guys in his face, but if he plants that back foot with 3 seconds or more to throw it will be a long day. Ill say Carthage by 17.

Very good analysis; I hope Carthage plays PG every year, (in non-district😜) because that would be very good for both teams.

59 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Who has a good D line, let's say La Vega and Argyle 

It does not matter who the Dawgs play, that O line can pass block and run block against anybody. 

Does that mean they can’t beat beat, not at all. The Dawg D line is good, very good and can put pressure on any QB. 

Whit all that said, the Dawgs have to play good football with few penalties and no turnovers on their side of the field. They cannot give any team left in the playoffs a short field. Every team left are good football teams. 

24 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

It does not matter who the Dawgs play, that O line can pass block and run block against anybody. 

Does that mean they can’t beat beat, not at all. The Dawg D line is good, very good and can put pressure on any QB. 

Whit all that said, the Dawgs have to play good football with few penalties and no turnovers on their side of the field. They cannot give any team left in the playoffs a short field. Every team left are good football teams. 

oh my gosh..............have you seen carthage's running game all year.   have struggled big time in certain games.   

they have had some good games but please don't tell the world how awesome they are when you obviously haven't been watching the same games as i have.  

3 minutes ago, bmoc said:

oh my gosh..............have you seen carthage's running game all year.   have struggled big time in certain games.   

they have had some good games but please don't tell the world how awesome they are when you obviously haven't been watching the same games as i have.  

The only game they had trouble in running the ball was PG. they are averaging 42 points a game, 200 rushing and nearly 300 passing. 

I have seen every game obviously you haven’t. 

The Dawgs did not rush for 300 yards in a single game last year, this year they have. 

I stand by facts. And the defense has allowed 14 points and less per game with the starters in the game. 

The best O line in 4A stayed by sports casters across the state. 

Your turn. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The only game they had trouble in running the ball was PG. they are averaging 42 points a game, 200 rushing and nearly 300 passing. 

I have seen every game obviously you haven’t. 

The Dawgs did not rush for 300 yards in a single game last year, this year they have. 

I stand by facts. And the defense has allowed 14 points and less per game with the starters in the game. 

The best O line in 4A stayed by sports casters across the state. 

Your turn. 

how many conversations............and please be exact..............have you had with the O-line coach in the past month????