Cameron Yoe Vs East Chambers

CameronYoemen98

no ill be honest theres no discipline out there, half assed tackling, stupid penalties, tonight the team looked like last years team, they eliminated themselves, east chambers came to play and they got it done, theres no excuses to be said, I said the same thing last year too so lets just admit it when you see half the team standing together for the school song and the rest pouting you know theres a problem, but you cant get it out of these peoples heads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yoe dug themself into a hole in the 1st half with no tackling. Giving up 28 then shutting down EC in the 2nd half.  Yoe had opportunities but shot themself in the foot with too many mistakes.  Had EC 3rd and about 30 in the overtime and give up a completion on what looked like a hail mary pass by the qb to inside the 5.  Really.... really unbelieveable and Yoe to miss the extra point in OT.  The kid hasn't missed an extra point in 4 or 5 weeks.  Congrats to EC for pulling out the victory.  

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Congrats to EC players and coaches on their victory over a talented Cameron team. I sure was wrong in saying two head coaches on the staff would be hard to beat.

Congrats to QB Brashear and the rest of the Cameron players on a good year. QB Brashear will be back next season as well as WR Young a pretty dynamic duo. 

Cameron should win district next season as they play in the same weak district with Rockdale being the only road block.

Cameron flew under the radar this season and most Yoe Nation fans had pretty low expectations. In saying that they had a pretty good year.   Congrats to Grandview also.

You simply cannot win playoff games this time of the year with that type of performance.   The first two playoff games were not crisp and this one took another step back.  

Congrats to EC.  This is the most athletic team we have seen in the three games.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Yoe09 said:

You simply cannot win playoff games this time of the year with that type of performance.   The first two playoff games were not crisp and this one took another step back.  

Congrats to EC.  This is the most athletic team we have seen in the three games.  

I put this lost on the coaching staff.  The mistakes that were made in this game should not have happened this deep in the season.   

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Discipline. Discipline. Discipline. Discipline. Discipline. You go into the Diboll game thinking you can shoulder tackle those backs, finally figure it out at halftime. Then you show up last night and start trying to shoulder tackle again?! 

And how is it you're fourteen weeks into the season and you're having such bad communication problems in your passing game in a third-round playoff game?! Or getting personnel on the field for a critical PAT?!

No offense to East Chambers, but Yoe lost that game. Hope this gets straightened out before next summer.

• LOL! 1

No disrespect to Cameron Yoe fans but it has been pretty low key on the board after the loss.  I think most Cameron fans realize where they  stand with the athletic program and administration in Yoe land. The hiring process was somewhat questionable after Rhoades  departure, but the board and administration  and some of the Yoe fan base were in complete agreement with the hire of in house candidate. A 2016 loss in OT to Malakoff--2017 down year with  rumors  of coaches blaming players and players blaming coaches for a  dismal season ---- 2018 brought in a recently  resigned head coach to help  shore up the staff---still a OT loss to EC. I do not think there is a lot howling about coaching because most Cameron Yoe fans accept where they are with their football program. The board and the sup are in complete support of where they are is the opinion. The only problem with Yoe is they are running out of chances while still  a big school in 3A -D1. Best of luck to Yoe coaches---players and fans as they chase that elusive state title next season. P. S. it could always be worse at least you get to the playoffs.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bulldogs99 said:

No disrespect to Cameron Yoe fans but it has been pretty low key on the board after the loss.  I think most Cameron fans realize where they  stand with the athletic program and administration in Yoe land. The hiring process was somewhat questionable after Rhoades  departure, but the board and administration  and some of the Yoe fan base were in complete agreement with the hire of in house candidate. A 2016 loss in OT to Malakoff--2017 down year with  rumors  of coaches blaming players and players blaming coaches for a  dismal season ---- 2018 brought in a recently  resigned head coach to help  shore up the staff---still a OT loss to EC. I do not think there is a lot howling about coaching because most Cameron Yoe fans accept where they are with their football program. The board and the sup are in complete support of where they are is the opinion. The only problem with Yoe is they are running out of chances while still  a big school in 3A -D1. Best of luck to Yoe coaches---players and fans as they chase that elusive state title next season. P. S. it could always be worse at least you get to the playoffs.

Yeah, but here's the thing: Everybody in this town runs around yelling "#ProtectTheTradition" and "#NeverSatisfied" and bragging about how we're one of the few programs with 700+ wins and "This isn't Caldwell/Salado/Wherever", implying we're used to winning and we expect our program to be among the elite. And I'm fine with that. I do not believe in participation trophies. The reason some of my former classmates tell me they wish I had playes with them is because I believe the entire purpose of taking that first step onto the practice field in late summer is for your last step off a field that season to be at the title game.

But you're right - Things are changing around here. There are reasons why. It drives me nuts not to be able to make it to playoff games, but that's the way my life is right now. Someone posted a pic of our crowd at the game Friday night, and it was maybe half the crowd that has shown up in Waco ISD or Berry or DKR for playoff games about three years ago. And a lot of the ones who do show up are not loud. 

So, we'll have to see what happens. I know I'm not the only one in Cameron who isn't happy about it. 

• LOL! 1

22 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Yeah, but here's the thing: Everybody in this town runs around yelling "#ProtectTheTradition" and "#NeverSatisfied" and bragging about how we're one of the few programs with 700+ wins and "This isn't Caldwell/Salado/Wherever", implying we're used to winning and we expect our program to be among the elite. And I'm fine with that. I do not believe in participation trophies. The reason some of my former classmates tell me they wish I had playes with them is because I believe the entire purpose of taking that first step onto the practice field in late summer is for your last step off a field that season to be at the title game.

But you're right - Things are changing around here. There are reasons why. It drives me nuts not to be able to make it to playoff games, but that's the way my life is right now. Someone posted a pic of our crowd at the game Friday night, and it was maybe half the crowd that has shown up in Waco ISD or Berry or DKR for playoff games about three years ago. And a lot of the ones who do show up are not loud. 

So, we'll have to see what happens. I know I'm not the only one in Cameron who isn't happy about it. 

Yes Sir 88 the board and the Administration hope everyone keeps  buying into the misconception that at this time in Yoe history they are elite. 

The fact is they are a average football program that bows out of the playoffs about when expected or sometimes sooner.

The staff is  working hard and performing at the best of their ability, and the players do what is  required of them. Unfortunately when they leave the weak district and get into the playoffs and meet up with superior coaching and better athletes it translates into average. I believe the fan base in Cameron is smarter than most give them credit for, but they realize that the board and the administration control the athletic program.  Attendance becomes a issue when the fan base loses interest, just a fact of football life. Good luck Yoe  Nation you just have to admit your fall from the elite and Jerry World visits. It happens to all programs sooner or later, unless you get lucky and hit a home run with your coaching hires every time there is a vacancy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Racer55 said:

There’s a rumor on the FSSW app that EC had an ineligible player and they may have to forfeit the Cameron game. Any info on this?

I think it’s just that rumor if anything had changed the outcome then it pretty much had to go down yesterday. 

• Mr. P changed the title to Cameron Yoe Vs East Chambers
9 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

I think it’s just that rumor if anything had changed the outcome then it pretty much had to go down yesterday. 

Correct.  Simply a rumor that I'm not sure who started.  Time to move on to Grandview/EC.

• LOL! 1