6A Division II Region II Semi-Final: Longview vs Austin Vandegrift

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-0) vs Austin Vandegrift (12-0)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Austin Vandegrift in a close one
    • Austin Vandegrift in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 12:00 PM

1 hour ago, Vandy23 said:

I have been watching LV since week 4 after we beat Cedar Park, Hendrickson and Cedar Ridge trying to figure out who was legit.  You guys are definitely legit.  Wasn’t implying LV kids would quit by any means.  Will be a great game.

And if we both stay in D2 we should have an annual game to look forward to seeing.  Our overall district record was 39-1, so our future is looking solid.

What kind offense do you guys run? From the film of the Leander game highlights on Maxpreps, it looked like a strong running attack out of the shotgun. 

14 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Wow. That's a tremendous stat and how you win games. +18 is crazy! 

Longview has been in 2 close games this year. Down 7 to Lufkin late and scored 2 late TDs. And then were toe to toe with Rockwall and won late. Haven't really been tested other than MAYBE Ruston, and we exploded in the 2nd half of that one. The Lufkin game was the first of the year, so there were definitely some hiccups and rust to get off. They were scary good until they turned it over so many times this weekend against a stout Frisco Lone Star team. 

I thought the Mesquite Game was perfect for us. Last game of the season and we came out flat while Mesquite ready and they hit us in the mouth early. Pick six on Haynes and then later in the 2nd we were down 24-20 with a little under 6 I think. Ended up going into half with a 10 point lead but the last 2 games since then we have just came out strong early and scored and never let the other team have a single chance. That’s what we have to keep doing, attacking.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LoboUp95 said:

I thought the Mesquite Game was perfect for us. Last game of the season and we came out flat while Mesquite ready and they hit us in the mouth early. Pick six on Haynes and then later in the 2nd we were down 24-20 with a little under 6 I think. Ended up going into half with a 10 point lead but the last 2 games since then we have just came out strong early and scored and never let the other team have a single chance. That’s what we have to keep doing, attacking. 

Yep. Also shut Mesquite down in the 2nd half after the wakeup call in the first half.

I don't like the "race to 40" (or in the case of the Lobos, 50) style of football. I like the "grind it out" style that Coach King USED to play. But if it's working for him (and it is), then keep doing it. A lot of our games have been over in the first quarter because we jump all over teams, score, get a stop, and score again and before they know it, they're chasing 3 TDs in the first quarter. 

If memory serves, we were up something like 35-0 on Horn at halftime. And they're still playing! I wonder what they got turned around. But it sounds like Horn might've lost heart early in that game. 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yep. I don't like the "race to 40" (or in the case of the Lobos, 50) style of football. I like the "grind it out" style that Coach King USED to play. But if it's working for him (and it is), then keep doing it. A lot of our games have been over in the first quarter because we jump all over teams, score, get a stop, and score again and before they know it, they're chasing 3 TDs in the first quarter. 

If memory serves, we were up something like 35-0 on Horn at halftime. And they're still playing! I wonder what they got turned around. But it sounds like Horn might've lost heart early in that game. 

I guess taking kids out to celebration station gets kids up to win playoff games lol 

19 hours ago, ANTI said:

Make that 4..

It’s crazy that he doesn’t have bigger offers. If he was 6’2 200 every big school would want him. These recruiters need to stop looking at measurables so much cause half of those guys don’t even be good once they get to college, it’s that smaller guys that do better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, 85lobooldschool said:

Is the game televised anywhere?  I have a meeting in Longview at 6 so I can’t go. 

https://www.texanlive.com/2018/11/longview-vs-austin-vandegrift-12-0-6pm-football-playoffs-regional-semi-finals-mclane-stadium/?safari_redirect

$9.95 per game. I will be using this as well. Can’t make it to Waco unfortunately 

• Like 1