πŸ’™ UPDATE: UNC hires Mack Brown as next coach

RETIREDFAN1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Eh, he may still have HS connections in NC. I doubt that many young'ns today are old enough to remember what he did at Texas, so I don't see him getting all that many players from Texas. We'll see, though.Β 

I just didn’t think he still had the drive to want to coach again is all. I think he will recruit better than they have been use to lately, but the real question is will he be able to hire the right staff. First call needs to be to offer half his salary to KK to run his offense for him.Β 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

This is a strange move to me on both sides. Best of luck I guess.

They hated to lose him when Texas hired him away. Β Their program was doing fairly well with him. Β I’m sure he’s still well thought of by their alum and the folks/coaches in that region. Β 

During the latter years at UT, Mack was the guy who satΒ on golf carts at practice with boosters and reliedΒ on his coordinators. He's really going to have to work hard at UNC.

And I like Mack a lot. I think he was a great coachΒ and a great recruiter. But if you ask meΒ I think the game as outgrown him. This is shocking..

12 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

During the latter years at UT, Mack was the guy who satΒ on golf carts at practice with boosters and reliedΒ on his coordinators. He's really going to have to work hard at UNC.

And I like Mack a lot. I think he was a great coachΒ and a great recruiter. But if you ask meΒ I think the game as outgrown him. This is shocking..

β€œCotton, I feel shocked!” 

12 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

The is the set up I would expect if I was hiring him. He would just be a figurehead for the program and the coordinators would have to be top notch.

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to πŸ’™ UPDATE: UNC hires Mack Brown as next coach
  • 1 month later...