Player Transfers/Going Pro

Stoney

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Ben Hicks should transfer to an FCS school. He struggles against good defenses.

He seriously didn't struggle with Jeff & Chad!!! Hicks was a high performer (tough)...I actually saw this coming with Jr. Dykes there and his dyslexic, Taggart, messy like offense-team. I imagine more Morris high-performing offensive guys would go on out.

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Early rumors have Ohio State but man there should be 129 teams interested in him.

I saw OU mentioned as well.  No thanks.  Morris go after him?  Seems like a guy who'd thrive in Malzahn's offense.  I seen that he's going to appeal to be immediately eligible next year.

He also might get granted immediate playing time because of racial remarks made to him to make him feel like he needs to leave... 

Fisher was very close to landing this kid at Florida st, and the kid entertained an A&M visit late in the process last year. Hopefully jimbo puts the full court press back on him unless he feels confident he lands Hornsby quickly. 

30 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

@Stoney I just saw a stat that said since 2011 there have been 19 composite 5* qb's and 11 have transferred.  That's crazy.

It makes you wonder what these kids are looking at when they choose a school. Why pick a school that had a true freshman starting QB the year before?

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

That should sell itself. 

Come to Norman.

Meh... if he does, fine, whatever...  but I don't expect Justin Fields to start or ever make an impact* for Oklahoma.

* - I pretty much said the same thing about Baker and Kyler. 

7 hours ago, AKA said:

Meh... if he does, fine, whatever...  but I don't expect Justin Fields to start or ever make an impact* for Oklahoma.

I expect Khalil Tate before Justin Fields in Norman. That said, Oklahoma hasn't neglected the position when it comes to recruiting and has a couple of guys on hand right now that have potential to manage that offense with those running backs...

7 hours ago, AKA said:

I also never expected Murray to take a snap as a the starting QB for Oklahoma.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

A115A4BD-209C-4E1F-9C85-C24CEBF9FB12.png

as I was hearing from an SEC guy on a national show this morning...he doesn't expect Fields to go to Mississippi State (or stay in the SEC...Auburn, the other SEC speculated school)...he felt the top school from his previous recruit list would be Penn State with McSorley being finished. He felt he would probably go to either a Big12 school or PAC12 school so that he could take advantage of more wide open offenses and a better chance to get the stats for a Heisman and get drafted for the pro's. They specifically mentioned: Oklahoma (of course), UCLA (with Chip Kelly), USC (now with Kliff Kingsbury as OC). 

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

I expect Khalil Tate before Justin Fields in Norman. That said, Oklahoma hasn't neglected the position when it comes to recruiting and has a couple of guys on hand right now that have potential to manage that offense with those running backs...

Why not both?  :lol: