Player Transfers/Going Pro

Stoney

3 minutes ago, AKA said:

Same. 

Apparently there's legit interest. I figured the initial reports were just a few anonymous GMs blowing smoke. 

Take a look at this! 

Kliff Kingsbury back on October 28, 2018:

"Kyler is a freak.....I would take him with the first pick of the draft if I could."

👀👀👀
(via @EricKellyTV) https://t.co/N9m99DkTNr

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AKA said:

Yeah, I remember that...  I took it as coach-speak at the time, but Kliffy and Kyler would be an interesting combination. 

We saw what Coach Kool could do with a athletic, under sized QB at A&M.

• Like 1

1) Kyler would be crazy not to try the NFL route if there is legit interest. If he goes in the 1st round, he will make more money off of his "rookie contract" in the NFL than he will in almost 10 years of pro baseball. 

2) Don't think Arizona will be using that #1 pick on Kyler. One of the main reasons they went after KK is to get Rosen going in the right direction and hoped that he can get him playing like the long list of previous KK qbs.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TxFight said:

2) Don't think Arizona will be using that #1 pick on Kyler. One of the main reasons they went after KK is to get Rosen going in the right direction and hoped that he can get him playing like the long list of previous KK qbs.

This is totally valid...  however, just to play Devil's Advocate...  let's say KK is still high on taking Kyler with the first pick, what's to say he doesn't use Rosen as trade bait? It's a seller's market for QBs right now in the NFL. I bet someone out there would be willing to drop some serious coin for Rosen. He had some impressive moments in his rookie year. 

35 minutes ago, AKA said:

This is totally valid...  however, just to play Devil's Advocate...  let's say KK is still high on taking Kyler with the first pick, what's to say he doesn't use Rosen as trade bait? It's a seller's market for QBs right now in the NFL. I bet someone out there would be willing to drop some serious coin for Rosen. He had some impressive moments in his rookie year. 

I think a trade is a very real possibility, but I think it is for the #1 pick sliding back in the 1st round and not Rosen. A lot of the top prospects are defensive players, and pressure the QB defensive players at that. Arizona was pretty good at getting after the QB. So I think they possibly view that #1 pick as expendable and slide down and stock pile more picks or get an established player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

Murray is not #1 pick material...  id take the pot smoker from Clemson if he shows up at Pro Day

This is true. I was just building a case based on Kilffy's hyperbole. 

As much as I love Kyler, I just don't see him as being a good fit in the NFL unless it's in an optimum situation (e.g. great o-line and wideouts, but lacking a playmaker at QB).

1 minute ago, AKA said:

This is true. I was just building a case based on Kilffy's hyperbole. 

As much as I love Kyler, I just don't see him as being a good fit in the NFL unless it's in an optimum situation (e.g. great o-line and wideouts, but lacking a playmaker at QB).

all he would need is a great OL.... but there are maybe 5 teams right now without a glaring hole in their OL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

all he would need is a great OL.... but there are maybe 5 teams right now without a glaring hole in their OL

And a legit home run threat at wideout...  when "Hollywood" was neutralized, Kyler struggled. 

7 hours ago, AKA said:

Here is an interesting breakdown on the chain of events that could occur if/when Kyler declares for the NFL draft: 

The first domino to fall would be Josh Rosen, who struggled as a rookie under one-and-done Cardinals head coach Steve Wilks in 2018. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported on Thursday that Arizona could trade Rosen, after selecting him out of UCLA with the 10th overall pick win last year’s draft. Although Rosen went 3-10 as a starter and threw more interceptions (14) than touchdown passes (11) this past season, he is still only 21 years old and has enough talent for another NFL team to take a chance on him as a potential franchise quarterback.

One team that may be interested in trading for Rosen is the New York Giants, who passed on a bevy of quarterback options (including Rosen) to select running back Saquon Barkley in last year's draft. The addition of Barkley did not mask the deficiencies of 38-year-old quarterback Eli Manning, who has no heir apparent on the roster, as the Giants finished with double-digit losses for the fourth time in five seasons.

. . .

But what about Dwayne Haskins? Before this Murray news broke, the Ohio State product was supposed to be the top quarterback prospect in this year’s draft class. Haskins going sixth-overall to the Giants was a popular projection by most draft experts.

With the Cardinals pulling the trigger for Murray and dealing Rosen to the Giants in this hypothetical scenario, however, that pushes Haskins down the draft board. The next team in a long line of winners would be the Jacksonville Jaguars, who sit right behind the Giants at No. 7 in the draft order and plan to move on from former No. 3 overall pick Blake Bortles at quarterback this offseason.

The Jaguars, who did not expect Haskins to be available, would pounce on him with the seventh pick. They might also bring in a decent free-agent quarterback, such as Teddy Bridgewater, to push Haskins for the starting job in training camp.

With young quarterbacks now falling into the laps of QB-needy teams, the trade market starts to dry up for veteran quarterbacks who are expected to be on the move this offseason. The Philadelphia Eagles and Baltimore Ravens will both be looking for trade partners, with Nick Foles and Joe Flaccoreportedly on the block in 2019.

Operating in a buyer’s market, teams like the Denver Broncos and the Miami Dolphins would be able to name their price for one of these two quarterbacks. The Broncos can cut Case Keenum, save $11 million against the salary cap and swing a trade for Foles, who grew up idolizing current general manager and former Broncos quarterback John Elway.

Similarly, the Dolphins can release Ryan Tannehill, save upwards of $13 million against the cap and bring in Flacco, giving their next head coach (whoever that may be) a former Super Bowl MVP at quarterback.

Read the whole thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Tathan "Tate" Martell is on the market now. 

Something about that kid just seems toxic. I may be wrong. I want competitors on my team. I don’t see a kid as a competitor if he bails out when someone who may be equally talented shows up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Something about that kid just seems toxic. I may be wrong. I want competitors on my team. I don’t see a kid as a competitor if he bails out when someone who may be equally talented shows up. 

Ehh, this happens all the time. He was recruited to run the JT Barrett offense. His knee coach, Day, doesn’t run that same offense. 

This is only a big deal because he’s a talker. 

26 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Ehh, this happens all the time. He was recruited to run the JT Barrett offense. His knee coach, Day, doesn’t run that same offense. 

This is only a big deal because he’s a talker. 

I don’t know that it’s a big deal at all. The kid has yet to play a meaningful snap. I see Hurts and Bryant as “big deal” guys, because they have proven skills in game situations. Until they actually deliver the goods, Martell and Fields are just great athletes with big potential. I also don’t see how the ncaa can grant Fields the waiver he’s applied for. That’s a very slippery, very steep slope if they do. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Martell is a spoilt rotten brat who takes his ball and goes home when things don’t go his way. He acted like he was the son of Reveille and George Strait when he was a A&M commit. He dropped that act when Ohio State came along and they became his “real” choice. That’s two swings. Let’s see who the next lucky school is.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Martell is a spoilt rotten brat who takes his ball and goes home when things don’t go his way. He acted like he was the son of Reveille and George Strait when he was a A&M commit. He dropped that act when Ohio State came along and they became his “real” choice. That’s two swings. Let’s see who the next lucky school is.

I sure hope it isn't my Hogs. Im thinking somewhere in the West. 

17 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I sure hope it isn't my Hogs. Im thinking somewhere in the West. 

Oregon maybe? Senior QB. Close to Nevada. Would he press for immediate playing time like Fields did? Would he come out with accusations against Urban and Ohio State?