Player Transfers/Going Pro

Stoney

6 hours ago, AKA said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but that's actually not a bad spot for the kid. Arizona's offense suits him better than what Day is likely going to run at Ohio State.

I saw Arizona and UCLA being the top two. Arizona because of his "ties" to Sumlin. UCLA because, even though the kid is a little ####, he's not a bad athlete and could work in Chad Kelly's offense well. 

7 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

What makes Martell and Fields any different really? Both were supposed to be great and haven't seen the field...

Fields loop hole is about a "racist" slur that made his "mental life" there at Georgia "unhealthy". 

Now what many are waiting to see if this rolls through to then push their waiver as well, Coach "So And So 1" left and he played my brand of ball, Coach "So And So 2" came in with a different style and I no longer fit and I'm further down the perceived depth chart. Making their "life unhealthy"...allowing immediate release.

I can see this setting up like many others in the past.  He will graduate from Texas.  Get a job as a position coach somewhere successful like Georgia or Florida etc, then in 3-4 years end up right back at UT.  

This kid is smart and has a smart family.  His dream may not be the NFL.  He may be a Jason Garrett type of kid.  Serve your time in the shadows for the grander plan

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, DTrump said:

Mack Wilson from Bama declares. Scouts must see something I don't.

Yeah out of the 7 BAMA players that have declared, I only see Williams, Williams, and Irv Smith as NOT benefiting from another year at the college level. Josh Jacobs probably would benefit from staying, but he’s a likely 2nd round pick right now, and he’s a young man with a family, so I don’t blame him for wanting to get paid. Thompson and Wilson are both projected as high picks, but I think that’s due to there not being a lot of quality at those positions. Saivion Smith could go undrafted. He should definitely stay another year. 

33 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Former Bama QB Jalen Hurts will transfer to Oklahoma.

I can not stand Alabama, can not stand Oklahoma...even though I had to cheer for Manuel Johnson (Oklahoma - WR) in the day...but Jalen Hurts is one of those guys that you now can not help but cheer for. The way he handled himself at the end of last season and all this season...then coming the Alabama's rescue in the SEC Championship game. I will not ever cheer for him against Texas or hope he beats out Sam Ehlinger for the Heisman, but he's a good player. I don't know that he can beat out Spencer Rattler. I think he can be a change of pace and teach Spencer something about professionalism...let's face it, that's what all these kids need.