Player Transfers/Going Pro

Stoney

10 minutes ago, lion70 said:

Figured that would happen. I bet Tate Martell is like I was wronged and wanna be eligible

he may be one of the few that fails since he was at the school with a coach that was already there...he will have to really play up something huge about Urban Meyer leaving and get a braindead person in there...

if his goes through the eligibility thing is wide open probably for good ---> total free agency : wild, wild west - game on, good luck to the little guys that have any talented players...those kids will get picked off each year by a big boy openly.

• Like 1

OK, so you have:

Shaw at Stanford...a very tough academic school, where I imagine they get kids in that go to classes and are saying "what the heck...I can't carry this kind of academic rigor and be a great athlete"...and want out.

Franklin at Penn State...has shown himself in the last two to three years to be a tail end and kids are saying "I gotta get away from this idiot, his personality is nothing like what he portrayed on the recruiting trail to me and my family".

Patterson at TCU...great coach but has had a couple tough years as far as kids wanting to get away from him...it's soured him a bit...probably would have loved to have had Kenny Hill available immediately!

17 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Heard a stat during lunch...

51 out of the 64 NCAA transfer requests for this coming season (where the paperwork has been filled out) have been approved for immediate eligibility

Free agency has hit the NCAA.

15 hours ago, Valhalla said:

CF6BFE1B-FBB7-4B16-8CBD-F6DF18704CC4.jpeg

geez, definitely have to continue recruiting your current players...it's never over as a coach now...this would be a time when you would have to keep your ear to the ground for ANY issue as a coaching staff whether on the athetic or academic side to try and head an issue off at the pass.

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

I hope the USC transfer to Texas gets the free agency treatment.

I’ve come around on it myself. Coaches don’t have to sit and they get paid. These kids don’t (wink, wink lol), let them go where they can play.

• Like 1

For the players on all this, it's great!

Coming from the recruiting side of me, coaching college...this would make leading teams even MORE stressful because your teams would NEVER be solidified. You'll be needing to re-recruit your own team constantly (takes even more power from the coach...upset Little Johnny or Little Suzy and their in the portal and gone)...a professor ticks them off or they have a "real" class (if they don't care about their education) by accident and they go into the portal and are gone. If you had a decent FR/SOPH and you were like "yes, I need a couple more studs this and we're there"...and bang and team's coach or "someone" is wink wink recruiting your guys all year about how they'd fit great in their offense or defense and how it would help them to the pro's, etc. Next thing you know, instead of 2 studs...you need 9 players and are in a total "near cellar" rebuild and totally have a crash/burn and look like James Franklin (crazy ego maniac that his players hate).

They might as well turn it into a 1 year at a time free agency system, where you agree to "pay" student tuition/room & board then $10K for "play fee". Athletes would re-up or be re-upped w/ school by 2/1 for fall sports; 3/1 for fall/winter sports; 4/1 for spring sports...maybe even push baseball/softball to 5/1 so they can sign or be signed. 

#collegetransfers 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

This is pretty much the college offseason thread so I'll place this here: 

Lane Kiffin has suspended FAU starting QB Chris Robison, who was dismissed at Oklahoma: https://t.co/HGStZEO74q

Trouble seems to be the norm with this kid. 2nd time while at FAU. 

Geez, I'll never understand it...