Player Transfers/Going Pro

Stoney

11 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

This kid was at OU? He must have been an afterthought cause I've never heard of him

He was just a youngster...  showed some promise, but couldn't get out of his own way. It's a shame. 

Per Mark Berman: College football sources former @TexasFootball RB Kyle Porter from Katy is transferring to @UHCougarFB. He'll enroll in UH in June as a grad student and have two years of eligibility, beginning this coming season

Should be a good fit for the Coogs. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Tathan Martell is currently not running 1st team or 2nd team snaps at Miami. Anybody know if TJC could use a QB? Or maybe Colorado School Of Mines?

He's just not that good when faced with competition. Wonder if he'll hit the portal again….. I know I ragged on him about transferring from tOSU but now Matthew Baldwin is in the portal, what's really going on in Columbus?? 

On 4/20/2019 at 12:45 PM, Stoney said:

Tathan Martell is currently not running 1st team or 2nd team snaps at Miami. Anybody know if TJC could use a QB? Or maybe Colorado School Of Mines?

He's a s s, my dude. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

On a local note, I see where former Gilmer QB Carter is transferring from Texas Tech with 1 year of eligibility left. He started at Incarnate Word in the FCS, transferred to TJC, then to Tech. He battled some injuries last Season. 

52 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Just further proves how much of a joke the NCAA is. NCAA will probably reverse course on this after some social outrage. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 8:05 PM, Stoney said:

This whole situation smells like Martell.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2019 at 8:05 PM, Stoney said:

As Texas waited to see how all these waivers fell out and then files McCoy's waiver...and they were all being allowed through until probably the most worthy waiver request is denied, then McCoy's probably the second most (with a coach/school hiding the negotiation of the coach's hiring to the pro's until the day after national signing day to hold recruits that would have bolted)...I am concerned for Texas that his will be denied as well. I have this feeling that people have fussed and so that as a screen to not ok everyone and then X his, they X this one and then they will X McCoy's real soon too. Hoffman will appeal it and be re-approved but McCoy will still be denied. I just have this feeling. Hope I'm wrong though.

@CoachPelvisPresley I could have sworn I seen something on the internets about the NCAA’s newer, more lenient take on player transfers. There’s a horrible double standard here. QBs can transfer and get immediate eligibility because of a case of Martellhurt, but a no name lineman or backup TE can’t? That’s total Martell. All players are equal to the NCAA, it’s just that some players are a little more equal. Let the kids be able to transfer and be eligible wherever they wind up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

As Texas waited to see how all these waivers fell out and then files McCoy's waiver...and they were all being allowed through until probably the most worthy waiver request is denied, then McCoy's probably the second most (with a coach/school hiding the negotiation of the coach's hiring to the pro's until the day after national signing day to hold recruits that would have bolted)...I am concerned for Texas that his will be denied as well. I have this feeling that people have fussed and so that as a screen to not ok everyone and then X his, they X this one and then they will X McCoy's real soon too. Hoffman will appeal it and be re-approved but McCoy will still be denied. I just have this feeling. Hope I'm wrong though.

I think McCoy has a more legitimate reason for a waiver than Fields and Martell. I feel bad for that kid though, that's just not fair.

I was kind of surprised to see McCoy play in the Orange/White Game...guessing it was cleared through the Compliance Office, I mean our compliance person was all over us paper whipping me on every kid I had before they could even take part in a live practice, so that's what the whole waiver thing for me has been a weird thing... 

Now there at a big school...a couple of asst and the football operations guy are probably handling it all.

46 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I know @Stoney and @ETXfan16 that's why these stories over the last week worry me for Texas. I suspect something bad coming down the pike for McCoy's request and then there will be a total meltdown based on all these other yahoos getting their waivers approved. 

I’d want UT to riot, storm the NCAA headquarters and burn it down. Give me absolute chaos over the NCAA.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Stoney said:

4310B7D3-733A-48FA-AF8D-761098DA1064.jpeg

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-illinois-luke-ford-ncaa-transfer-appeal-20190607-story.html

Can we just call the NCAA Transfer Portal what it really is, QB free agency? You have non skill position players being denied waivers due to mileage, familial bonds not being close enough or health situations not being dire enough but Justin Fields can transfer over 500 miles from Georgia to Ohio State and be granted immediate eligibility? Bull!! The players, the coaches, the schools need to wise up and say to hell with the NCAA. 

Exactly. This transfer portal only applies to QBs and anyone trying to transfer to Texas. 😂

• LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 6/8/2019 at 8:36 PM, Stoney said:

4310B7D3-733A-48FA-AF8D-761098DA1064.jpeg

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-illinois-luke-ford-ncaa-transfer-appeal-20190607-story.html

Can we just call the NCAA Transfer Portal what it really is, QB free agency? You have non skill position players being denied waivers due to mileage, familial bonds not being close enough or health situations not being dire enough but Justin Fields can transfer over 500 miles from Georgia to Ohio State and be granted immediate eligibility? Bull!! The players, the coaches, the schools need to wise up and say to hell with the NCAA. 

NCAA is garbage. This is crazy. 

• Like 1