Player Transfers/Going Pro

Stoney

11 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

SG Quentin Grimes is transferring from KU to UofH, will apply for a waiver to play immediately. 

I think he's the 3rd Jayhawk off last year's basketball team to transfer out, something is up. 

I think the NCAA hammer gets dropped there...Too much smoke in Lawrence between Adidas and some other player issues they have dealt with the past few years...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Martell’s transfer went Martell up.

This is what can happen when you play QB at a place like Bishop Gorman or IG Academy. Everyone around you is gifted which can make the QB appear to better than he really is. Tate gets in some real competition and it's just too fast for him. He would have probably been better off sticking with A&M. I don't know if he would have been better than Monds, but I think he would have gotten all the chances he needed to be the starting QB.

28 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

This is what can happen when you play QB at a place like Bishop Gorman or IG Academy. Everyone around you is gifted which can make the QB appear to better than he really is. Tate gets in some real competition and it's just too fast for him. He would have probably been better off sticking with A&M. I don't know if he would have been better than Monds, but I think he would have gotten all the chances he needed to be the starting QB.

I’m glad Martell did not make it to A&M. There was something about that kid during his recruitment that didn’t sit right me with me. He was too gung ho to the point that he came off as fake. Apparently now, that wasn’t an act. Martell’s attitude is Martell. He thinks his Martell doesn’t stink and that’s not gonna fly in college. High school? Oh yeah. Somebody start the counter for his transfer portal announcement part deux.

• LOL! 1

6 hours ago, Stoney said:

I’m glad Martell did not make it to A&M. There was something about that kid during his recruitment that didn’t sit right me with me. He was too gung ho to the point that he came off as fake. Apparently now, that wasn’t an act. Martell’s attitude is Martell. He thinks his Martell doesn’t stink and that’s not gonna fly in college. High school? Oh yeah. Somebody start the counter for his transfer portal announcement part deux.

I blame the dad. 

Btw: Tathan wasn't at practice today….. Hmmmm

Go watch "QB1 Beyond the Lights" 1st season on Netflix. Features Martell and Jake Fromm during their senior year of high school. You see a lot of issues with Martell. 

Season 2 has Justin Fields. It's a good little tv show. Season 3 comes out this week

Tathan Martell is going to try to become a slot reciever. I’m not sure how Martell Miami’s recievers are. Probably not Martell enough for him to make the first or second team. Martell let his alligator Martell overload his chicken legs or he could have been at worse Ohio States QB2.

• LOL! 1

13 hours ago, Stoney said:

Tathan Martell is going to try to become a slot reciever. I’m not sure how Martell Miami’s recievers are. Probably not Martell enough for him to make the first or second team. Martell let his alligator Martell overload his chicken legs or he could have been at worse Ohio States QB2.

Lol, we need to get one of the site admins to change "TobinFrost" to "Tathan Martell."  :D 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
7 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Didn't know where to put this. 

NCAA announces one-time immediate eligibility transfer exception under consideration https://t.co/G16wMkIq7W

It actually deserves its own thread imo. The problem with this is the NCAA at this point counts transfers towards your 25 man limit. So I’m the current setup if you have a mass exodus you cannot refill your roster as needed. It’s a problem. Teams will start being under the 85 man limit but unable to sign any more players. This is a problem to me, especially if you start talking about a practical free transfer. You might get 20-30 kids try to leave in an off season during coaching transitions or position battles lost... it would be significantly harder to manage a roster this way. 

12 hours ago, WETSU said:

It actually deserves its own thread imo. The problem with this is the NCAA at this point counts transfers towards your 25 man limit. So I’m the current setup if you have a mass exodus you cannot refill your roster as needed. It’s a problem. Teams will start being under the 85 man limit but unable to sign any more players. This is a problem to me, especially if you start talking about a practical free transfer. You might get 20-30 kids try to leave in an off season during coaching transitions or position battles lost... it would be significantly harder to manage a roster this way. 

yes, if your team has a guy(s) hit the portal...it ought to allow for you to either add a transfer or another recruit to add to that number, on top of 25.

• Like 2