Player Transfers/Going Pro

Stoney

10 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Report: Oklahoma Sooners grant graduate transfer QB Austin Kendall waiver for immediate eligibility at West Virginia next season https://t.co/qdewJtE8Vl

Good move

I concur. This should've been handled much earlier.

My sources tell me Kendall's camp fed this to the media...  wouldn't surprise me. 

I wish him well, but I'm glad he's gone. 

3 minutes ago, AKA said:

OU's offense with Kyler was functionally different than with Baker. Granted, the results were much the same, but I expect Riley will craft the system around Hurts strengths and minimize his weaknesses...  much as he did with his two previous quarterbacks. 

What does that look like? Well, I'm not Riley, but I would concede there will be less of an emphasis on the downfield passing game, more designed QB sweeps following FBs and TEs, and play-action rollouts to short and intermediary routes. 

I agree.  I don’t think the OU offense will be near as explosive but will be efficient.  I see more qb powers, RPOs, shorter passing game with hurts. Riley is good at finding what a qb does well.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I agree.  I don’t think the OU offense will be near as explosive but will be efficient.  I see more qb powers, RPOs, shorter passing game with hurts. Riley is good at finding what a qb does well.  

Their offense will probably be a lot like what Texas ran this year. Nothing flashy but efficient.

6 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

“Coach Riley told me he’s not taking any transfer QB anytime soon,” Spencer Rattler told 247Sports.

Quote just before NSD1.

Rattler's father told ESPN's Tom VanHaaren that the family "knew" of the Hurts transfer possibility and that it would have no impact on his son's decision to attend Oklahoma.

"Not at all," Michael Rattler said. "Jalen is a great young man, and Spence is looking forward to competing and learning from him."

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Maybe Wiltfong misquoted him. 

Maybe a grown man doesn't tell 18-year-old high schoolers everything he's got planned. 

EDIT: Uh, wait a sec...  I didn't mean for that to sound so creepy.   :D 

• LOL! 3

3 hours ago, Red90fly said:

No surprise, like I said, wasn't a take/spot for him at Texas.

Nobody ever said he was a take for Texas now did they? I thought the only argument was whether they would have taken him during his recruitment. 

This morning it was being talked about on ESPN that some of the reason that many of these undergrads are trying for the transfers/waivers is because of a modification in the wording of the NCAA rules that were made in April of 2018. These lawyers are taking advantage of it and there are higher ups in the NCAA that are wanting it to move forward...if each of the 2 schools (transfer from and transfer to) sign off on the waiver (now these schools like OU example: Austin Kendall, are trying to keep things "clean" in case they want a player in the future).  

Just now, topher805 said:

At least we know where FSU draws the line now...

He's dumb, 2 years of mess with that chick. Faked a pregnancy, broke into his home and destroyed property and called the cops to set him up for that weed issue he had. He should've left well enough alone long time ago. 

2 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

He's dumb, 2 years of mess with that chick. Faked a pregnancy, broke into his home and destroyed property and called the cops to set him up for that weed issue he had. He should've left well enough alone long time ago. 

Same chick? No red flags? Maaannnnn...Dude is big dumb

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 3:16 PM, topher805 said:

Same chick? No red flags? Maaannnnn...Dude is big dumb

Ex-FSU Deondre Francois' GF Diamond Explains How She Faked Domestic Abuse Vid That Got Him Kicked Off Team; Claims She Was Mad He Wasn't Giving Her Attention & Was Hitting Him, But Edited That Part Out (Deleted IG Post-DV Video) https://t.co/L0lGM5GA3b https://t.co/HRbPhxZ6LF

See? 

Family of Deondre Francois' accuser says Instagram apology fake https://t.co/0f8X2r2aSs via @247sports

And now this.