The Smoakhouse Forums
Stoney

Player Transfers/Going Pro

11 minutes ago, WETSU said:

A&M will have quite a few guys leave after this season, but I’m not sure on who yet. They need to lose like 15 players or something between the draft and transfers in order to make room for their current class. 

What’s your percentage on Starkel?

48 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Williams isn’t going second round. He’s undersized and doesn’t do anything extraordinary besides pass block. He’s also disappointed in games vs Clemson and miss who have nfl caliber defensive lines. He’s a 4th rd guy at best imo. But I am not sure his stock could get any higher by staying. He’s a very solid college back, but he’s limited physically. He probably won’t ever be a feature back in an nfl offense. But he is a great option on 3rd down and will have a long career on a roster as a third down shotgun package guy. 

I figured as much but I seen some previous backs terrible advice and go undrafted when they could had a productive Sr year

10 minutes ago, Stoney said:

With Mond and foster there you got to think he is moving. Depends on how much he truly loves the university

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Very high. Almost certain. Starkel has the arm talent to be very good in the right system somewhere. He reminds me of the type of guys Gundy turns into studs at Oklahoma st. He will transfer somewhere with that sort of system and doesn’t have a legit stud in place. 

Kelly Bryant will choose between Auburn and Missouri to transfer to.

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

Kelly Bryant will choose between Auburn and Missouri to transfer to.

Has Stidham already declared?  Or is it just assumed he's leaving early?  Bryant would be a good fit in Malzahn's offense.

2 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Has Stidham already declared?  Or is it just assumed he's leaving early?  Bryant would be a good fit in Malzahn's offense.

Haven’t heard anything on Stidham. But that sure sounds like a possibility. 

Ed Oliver will not play in Houston’s bowl game, he’s going pro.

41 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Ed Oliver will not play in Houston’s bowl game, he’s going pro.

Applewhite gonna let ol' Ed wear a team jacket on the sidelines?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, AKA said:

Ed gonna wear that jacket to the draft. 😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AKA said:

I wouldn’t travel him to the bowl game... but that will probably come off as bad PR and hurt recruiting 

• Like 1

I see Jalen Hurts transferring from BAMA for his senior year. On offense, LT Jonah Williams is first round talent and draft eligible, so I think he’s gone. On defense, NFL scouts seem to really like DE Raekwon Davis, NT Quinnen Williams, and ILB Mack Wilson, and I could see FS Deonte Thompson and OLB Anfernee Jennings declaring as well. C Ross Peirsebacher (sp?), RB Damien Harris, TE Hale Hentges, and OLB Christian Miller are all seniors. Maybe Nick can cobble together an Independence Bowl qualifier out of what he has left. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

I see Jalen Hurts transferring from BAMA for his senior year. On offense, LT Jonah Williams is first round talent and draft eligible, so I think he’s gone. On defense, NFL scouts seem to really like DE Raekwon Davis, NT Quinnen Williams, and ILB Mack Wilson, and I could see FS Deonte Thompson and OLB Anfernee Jennings declaring as well. C Ross Peirsebacher (sp?), RB Damien Harris, TE Hale Hentges, and OLB Christian Miller are all seniors. Maybe Nick can cobble together an Independence Bowl qualifier out of what he has left. 

He’s got Tua and those receivers coming back. Those alone are enough to win a title if they all stay healthy, but we all know they just reload everywhere. 

Hey @trueblue82 , I think Bama needs to replace this Saban guy. Winning SEC titles and Nattys every year has got to be getting old. Change it up.

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Maybe Nick can cobble together an Independence Bowl qualifier out of what he has left. 

Lol, give Saban a month with Cushing and he'd whip Carthage. 

Kelly Bryant transferring from Clemson to Arkansas.

56 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I can see Morris trying to patch up an OL full of juco's and grad transfers until he gets his guys in for a few years.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Truth or speculation?

58 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Truth or speculation?

FC7821B4-CA3A-45F8-9230-204EF8B23A4E.png

20 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Truth or speculation?

he's announcing @ 6 tonight so i guess we'll find out then. i did see where the Gus bus was at his house today though. 

1 hour ago, txk85 said:

he's announcing @ 6 tonight so i guess we'll find out then. i did see where the Gus bus was at his house today though. 

22 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Truth or speculation?

Bryant is going to Mizzou.

On 12/1/2018 at 8:17 AM, Stoney said:

Hey @trueblue82 , I think Bama needs to replace this Saban guy. Winning SEC titles and Nattys every year has got to be getting old. Change it up.

We’ll probably keep him around another year or two and give him a chance to get the program up to our standards. 

15 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Bryant is going to Mizzou.

Didn’t see that coming. Good. Keep him away from the west. He played A&M extremely well lol 

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Didn’t see that coming. Good. Keep him away from the west. He played A&M extremely well lol 

I'm just hoping Tate and Hurts don't go to OU. Lol