Sign in to follow this  
Stoney

Player Transfers/Going Pro

^ This is gonna get interesting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

That should sell itself. 

Come to Norman.

Meh... if he does, fine, whatever...  but I don't expect Justin Fields to start or ever make an impact* for Oklahoma.

* - I pretty much said the same thing about Baker and Kyler. 

7 hours ago, AKA said:

Meh... if he does, fine, whatever...  but I don't expect Justin Fields to start or ever make an impact* for Oklahoma.

I expect Khalil Tate before Justin Fields in Norman. That said, Oklahoma hasn't neglected the position when it comes to recruiting and has a couple of guys on hand right now that have potential to manage that offense with those running backs...

7 hours ago, AKA said:

I also never expected Murray to take a snap as a the starting QB for Oklahoma.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

A115A4BD-209C-4E1F-9C85-C24CEBF9FB12.png

as I was hearing from an SEC guy on a national show this morning...he doesn't expect Fields to go to Mississippi State (or stay in the SEC...Auburn, the other SEC speculated school)...he felt the top school from his previous recruit list would be Penn State with McSorley being finished. He felt he would probably go to either a Big12 school or PAC12 school so that he could take advantage of more wide open offenses and a better chance to get the stats for a Heisman and get drafted for the pro's. They specifically mentioned: Oklahoma (of course), UCLA (with Chip Kelly), USC (now with Kliff Kingsbury as OC). 

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

I expect Khalil Tate before Justin Fields in Norman. That said, Oklahoma hasn't neglected the position when it comes to recruiting and has a couple of guys on hand right now that have potential to manage that offense with those running backs...

Why not both?  :lol: 

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I also never expected Murray to take a snap as a the starting QB for Oklahoma.

If I recall, I said Kyler would be better off focusing on baseball, or just resign himself to being a slot receiver. 

I said Baker would be the second-coming of Hays McEachern. I figured he'd be a colorful (bench) character. 

The moral of the story: if I make any pronouncements of a player's potential, the opposite is probably true.  :D 

7 minutes ago, AKA said:

If I recall, I said Kyler would be better off focusing on baseball, or just resign himself to being a slot receiver. 

I said Baker would be the second-coming of Hays McEachern. I figured he'd be a colorful (bench) character. 

The moral of the story: if I make any pronouncements of a player's potential, the opposite is probably true.  :D 

Does that only work on OU QBs because I know one in College Station that could use a pronouncement or three.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Does that only work on OU QBs because I know one in College Station that could use a pronouncement or three.

Sorry hoss, my voodoo is limited to OU.    :D 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, AKA said:

You need to focus on defensive players for awhile.

• Haha 2

Just now, Valhalla said:

You need to focus on defensive players for awhile.

OU's defense will be even worse next year.    ;) 

26 minutes ago, AKA said:

Why not both?  :lol: 

Tate plays immediately as a graduate transfer, Fields takes over the next season, Tua leaves Alabama as a grad transfer after a freshman phenom (His brother) takes his starting spot, and transfers to Oklahoma for his final season after Fields leaves for the draft...I can see it

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Tate plays immediately as a graduate transfer, Fields takes over the next season, Tua leaves Alabama as a grad transfer after a freshman phenom (His brother) takes his starting spot, and transfers to Oklahoma for his final season after Fields leaves for the draft...I can see it

BREAKING: obscure NCAA loophole grants Baker Mayfield 6th year of college eligibility.    :woot: 

QB Shawn Robinson is transferring from TCU to Mizzou. That gives Mizzou two QB transfers this year.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

QB Shawn Robinson is transferring from TCU to Mizzou. That gives Mizzou two QB transfers this year.

Robinson was awful.  He was the only reason TCU's offense was below average this season.

6 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Robinson was awful.  He was the only reason TCU's offense was below average this season.

What happened to the two headed offensive genius that was TCU’s OC? 

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

What happened to the two headed offensive genius that was TCU’s OC? 

I’m not sure that they did anything wrong.  Robinson pissed away half of their drives in the bigger games...  gave away the football like Santa on Christmas Eve

• Like 2

Robinson is a zone-read option QB. He's out of place in a pass-first scheme. Collins made the Frog offense look much better before he got banged-up. 

I doubt Robinson ever starts for Mizzou, unless due to injury.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Valhalla said:

WR A.D. Miller from Oklahoma is transferring.

<sigh>  Disappointing. He wasn't going to start next year, but with Brown, Basquine and Tease all leaving, he would've got plenty of snaps and targets. 

Unless he transfers to some lesser program who throws the ball all over the place and assures him of a starting role, I don't see the wisdom of this. 

BREAKING: QB Khalil Tate planning to return to #ArizonaWildcats for senior year

https://t.co/B3x02ubDJu

Didn't Kansas spend all kinds of $$$ to get TCU's OC thinking he was the greatest thing since sliced bread, then fire him mid-way thru the year...HC probably realized "oh h*@l, if I'm about to get fired...I might as well call the plays so I can at least blame myself when it blows up".

34 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Didn't Kansas spend all kinds of $$$ to get TCU's OC thinking he was the greatest thing since sliced bread, then fire him mid-way thru the year...HC probably realized "oh h*@l, if I'm about to get fired...I might as well call the plays so I can at least blame myself when it blows up".

Yes they just hired the wrong TCU OC. They hired Meachum and it’s Cumby that is the better OC.

Cumby was clearly the better TCU OC

• Like 1