Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Stoney

Player Transfers/Going Pro

Recommended Posts

^ This is gonna get interesting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

That should sell itself. 

Come to Norman.

Meh... if he does, fine, whatever...  but I don't expect Justin Fields to start or ever make an impact* for Oklahoma.

 

 

 

* - I pretty much said the same thing about Baker and Kyler. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AKA said:

Meh... if he does, fine, whatever...  but I don't expect Justin Fields to start or ever make an impact* for Oklahoma.

 

 

 

* - I pretty much said the same thing about Baker and Kyler. 

I expect Khalil Tate before Justin Fields in Norman. That said, Oklahoma hasn't neglected the position when it comes to recruiting and has a couple of guys on hand right now that have potential to manage that offense with those running backs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AKA said:

Meh... if he does, fine, whatever...  but I don't expect Justin Fields to start or ever make an impact* for Oklahoma.

 

 

 

* - I pretty much said the same thing about Baker and Kyler. 

I also never expected Murray to take a snap as a the starting QB for Oklahoma.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

A115A4BD-209C-4E1F-9C85-C24CEBF9FB12.png

as I was hearing from an SEC guy on a national show this morning...he doesn't expect Fields to go to Mississippi State (or stay in the SEC...Auburn, the other SEC speculated school)...he felt the top school from his previous recruit list would be Penn State with McSorley being finished. He felt he would probably go to either a Big12 school or PAC12 school so that he could take advantage of more wide open offenses and a better chance to get the stats for a Heisman and get drafted for the pro's. They specifically mentioned: Oklahoma (of course), UCLA (with Chip Kelly), USC (now with Kliff Kingsbury as OC). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, topher805 said:

I expect Khalil Tate before Justin Fields in Norman. That said, Oklahoma hasn't neglected the position when it comes to recruiting and has a couple of guys on hand right now that have potential to manage that offense with those running backs...

Why not both?  :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I also never expected Murray to take a snap as a the starting QB for Oklahoma.

If I recall, I said Kyler would be better off focusing on baseball, or just resign himself to being a slot receiver. 

I said Baker would be the second-coming of Hays McEachern. I figured he'd be a colorful (bench) character. 

The moral of the story: if I make any pronouncements of a player's potential, the opposite is probably true.  :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AKA said:

If I recall, I said Kyler would be better off focusing on baseball, or just resign himself to being a slot receiver. 

I said Baker would be the second-coming of Hays McEachern. I figured he'd be a colorful (bench) character. 

The moral of the story: if I make any pronouncements of a player's potential, the opposite is probably true.  :D 

Does that only work on OU QBs because I know one in College Station that could use a pronouncement or three.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Does that only work on OU QBs because I know one in College Station that could use a pronouncement or three.

Sorry hoss, my voodoo is limited to OU.    :D 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AKA said:

If I recall, I said Kyler would be better off focusing on baseball, or just resign himself to being a slot receiver. 

I said Baker would be the second-coming of Hays McEachern. I figured he'd be a colorful (bench) character. 

The moral of the story: if I make any pronouncements of a player's potential, the opposite is probably true.  :D 

You need to focus on defensive players for awhile.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Valhalla said:

You need to focus on defensive players for awhile.

OU's defense will be even worse next year.    ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AKA said:

Why not both?  :lol: 

Tate plays immediately as a graduate transfer, Fields takes over the next season, Tua leaves Alabama as a grad transfer after a freshman phenom (His brother) takes his starting spot, and transfers to Oklahoma for his final season after Fields leaves for the draft...I can see it

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Tate plays immediately as a graduate transfer, Fields takes over the next season, Tua leaves Alabama as a grad transfer after a freshman phenom (His brother) takes his starting spot, and transfers to Oklahoma for his final season after Fields leaves for the draft...I can see it

BREAKING: obscure NCAA loophole grants Baker Mayfield 6th year of college eligibility.    :woot: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB Shawn Robinson is transferring from TCU to Mizzou. That gives Mizzou two QB transfers this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stoney said:

QB Shawn Robinson is transferring from TCU to Mizzou. That gives Mizzou two QB transfers this year.

Robinson was awful.  He was the only reason TCU's offense was below average this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Robinson was awful.  He was the only reason TCU's offense was below average this season.

What happened to the two headed offensive genius that was TCU’s OC? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stoney said:

What happened to the two headed offensive genius that was TCU’s OC? 

I’m not sure that they did anything wrong.  Robinson pissed away half of their drives in the bigger games...  gave away the football like Santa on Christmas Eve

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robinson is a zone-read option QB. He's out of place in a pass-first scheme. Collins made the Frog offense look much better before he got banged-up. 

I doubt Robinson ever starts for Mizzou, unless due to injury.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Valhalla said:

WR A.D. Miller from Oklahoma is transferring.

<sigh>  Disappointing. He wasn't going to start next year, but with Brown, Basquine and Tease all leaving, he would've got plenty of snaps and targets. 

Unless he transfers to some lesser program who throws the ball all over the place and assures him of a starting role, I don't see the wisdom of this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BREAKING: QB Khalil Tate planning to return to #ArizonaWildcats for senior year

https://t.co/B3x02ubDJu

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't Kansas spend all kinds of $$$ to get TCU's OC thinking he was the greatest thing since sliced bread, then fire him mid-way thru the year...HC probably realized "oh h*@l, if I'm about to get fired...I might as well call the plays so I can at least blame myself when it blows up".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Didn't Kansas spend all kinds of $$$ to get TCU's OC thinking he was the greatest thing since sliced bread, then fire him mid-way thru the year...HC probably realized "oh h*@l, if I'm about to get fired...I might as well call the plays so I can at least blame myself when it blows up".

Yes they just hired the wrong TCU OC. They hired Meachum and it’s Cumby that is the better OC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cumby was clearly the better TCU OC

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...