Player Transfers/Going Pro

Stoney

17 hours ago, AKA said:

I try not to laugh at the mistakes of young people, but in his case...   

omtXcUL.gif

This is coming from the kid who JUST LAST WEEK, claimed that he would be the starting qb for the Ohio State Buckeyes.... 

Excuse me a second...

michael jordan lol GIF

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

My guess is that he was "encouraged" to seek a transfer.

Like JAF said, he's an Urban product. Fields is a Day guy. I can understand why he put his name in there, but he 100% deserves the flack for it after shouting from the mountains how good he is

And the funny thing is, I've gotten the vibe that Fields isn't much different.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Martell definitely has some Manziel tendencies, that is for sure. Sumlin would probably be willing to entertain the idea of bringing him to Arizona.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but that's actually not a bad spot for the kid. Arizona's offense suits him better than what Day is likely going to run at Ohio State.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, playactionpass39 said:

Spoken like a true Texas homer, but you may be right. He may ride the pine for one more year with the homes of Ehlinger leading them to a playoff appearance.

No homer pick, just the feeling I get from reading the Texas sites. Texas has 2 QBs in the transfer portal and Buchele isn’t one of them despite him being the most ready to play day 1 if he were to transfer. 

Steve Buchele, Shane’s Dad, is a coach and I think Shane has a better opportunity to coach than to play in the NFL. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit to see Shane finish his career at Texas and then become an assistant coach. 

• Like 1

What makes Martell and Fields any different really? Both were supposed to be great and haven't seen the field...

Fields loop hole is about a "racist" slur that made his "mental life" there at Georgia "unhealthy". 

Now what many are waiting to see if this rolls through to then push their waiver as well, Coach "So And So 1" left and he played my brand of ball, Coach "So And So 2" came in with a different style and I no longer fit and I'm further down the perceived depth chart. Making their "life unhealthy"...allowing immediate release.

• Like 1

So far, the following Alabama juniors have declared for the draft: 

RB Josh Jacobs, OT Jonah Williams, TE Irv Smith Jr., and DT Quinnen Williams. Jacobs is the only one who doesn’t project as a potential first round pick. Smith should go late first, early second round. Both of the Williams kids (no relation) are potentially top ten picks. 

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

What makes Martell and Fields any different really? Both were supposed to be great and haven't seen the field...

Fields loop hole is about a "racist" slur that made his "mental life" there at Georgia "unhealthy". 

Now what many are waiting to see if this rolls through to then push their waiver as well, Coach "So And So 1" left and he played my brand of ball, Coach "So And So 2" came in with a different style and I no longer fit and I'm further down the perceived depth chart. Making their "life unhealthy"...allowing immediate release.

A&M had a  LB transfer who tried  to use this loophole that the geniuses at the NCAA created, making allegations that recruits were paid in order to get immediate eligibility. Kid goes to Arizona with Sumlin. Investigation finds proof of this kid making racial slurs against his teammates. Sumlin kicks him off the team. The A&M allegations are never brought up again. It just proves the point of how bad a rule this is. These kids are trying to get to the serious money making level as fast as possible. Sitting out a year for a transfer is too slow for the modern day instant gratification kid. The onus is on the kid to make up whatever excuse (racial/ program impropriety) to help make their case. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

So far, the following Alabama juniors have declared for the draft: 

RB Josh Jacobs, OT Jonah Williams, TE Irv Smith Jr., and DT Quinnen Williams. Jacobs is the only one who doesn’t project as a potential first round pick. Smith should go late first, early second round. Both of the Williams kids (no relation) are potentially top ten picks. 

Holy crud I’m getting old. I can remember watching Irv Smith SR and the Surtain kid’s daddy  play in the NFL growing up.

27 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Murray would be a top 15 (4th QB overall) pick according to Dane Brugler. 

I don’t see that.  The potential for him to go play baseball, his size(durability), and honestly I don’t think his arm is strong enough.  Those are just my thoughts.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Murray would be a top 15 (4th QB overall) pick according to Dane Brugler. 

Kliff has been on TV saying he'd take him #1 - pundits talking about the Cards just putting last years #1 pick QB up for bid from any takers thinking somebody will give them something good 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Stoney said:

A&M had a  LB transfer who tried  to use this loophole that the geniuses at the NCAA created, making allegations that recruits were paid in order to get immediate eligibility. Kid goes to Arizona with Sumlin. Investigation finds proof of this kid making racial slurs against his teammates. Sumlin kicks him off the team. The A&M allegations are never brought up again. It just proves the point of how bad a rule this is. These kids are trying to get to the serious money making level as fast as possible. Sitting out a year for a transfer is too slow for the modern day instant gratification kid. The onus is on the kid to make up whatever excuse (racial/ program impropriety) to help make their case. 

Within a couple years the NCAA may just throw out the 1 year sit rule...and it may turn into a free agency type thing...freakin' year to year. Sign by xxx date and be in by the time spring semester of school starts and have the correct GPA and you're good.

• Like 1