Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mrclean69

Winners and Losers of 2017-18 Coaching Changes

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

After all of the #### yall talked last week you deserve it. But you are right...yall had a good enough season to make your heads swell.

I just pull for my team,  I don’t hate on y’all or anyone else much! 😂!  We both still will have 1 state championship in football after this season. And it happens to be the same year and same district. 2003 hell of a year!!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 11:00 AM, DKBear123 said:

DeKalb ran off a guy that went to the 2nd round at James Bowie. We didn't have a JV and won 4 games (2 against winless teams and 1 against a 1 win team). 

Our district is tough man. DeKalb and PP have 2A numbers. We were 13 from the cutoff. What about y’all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul Pewitt hit the jackpot with Coach Abron. We are lucky to have him and his family. Great coach and even better man. Finished 8-2 when no one gave us a shot. 9/9 returning. Yes it’d be great if we moved down. It’s tough when you got 21 suited up. Nobody wants their school to shrink but if that’s the case so be it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

People think when you drop down to 2A your team will just start winning. Ask Garrison how that turned out!

It definitely helps more than it hurts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Our district is tough man. DeKalb and PP have 2A numbers. We were 13 from the cutoff. What about y’all. 

I think DeKalb was about 6 or 7 away from dropping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RedRiver said:

I think DeKalb was about 6 or 7 away from dropping.

It makes it tough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

It makes it tough

I feel the pain we were 4 away 3 years ago from dropping to 2a now we have about 240 not far off again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you should expand this discussion out another year, see who is making improvement over a 2 year period. Probably a better gauge of good hire vs. bad hire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

I feel the pain we were 4 away 3 years ago from dropping to 2a now we have about 240 not far off again

It makes it tough when you have 21 suited up. When we played Waskom they had I think 15-17 seniors. Almost as many as we had for our entire team. No freshman squad and JV only had 16. 37 boys in high school is a tough row to hoe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

It makes it tough when you have 21 suited up. When we played Waskom they had I think 15-17 seniors. Almost as many as we had for our entire team. No freshman squad and JV only had 16. 37 boys in high school is a tough row to hoe. 

I definitely understand most years we have 40 to 45 kids out at the start usually dwindles downs to around 35 to 40 through two a days. We use to have somewhere around 70 to 80 kids come out with 3 teams goings time have definitely changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 2:00 PM, playactionpass39 said:

I think you should expand this discussion out another year, see who is making improvement over a 2 year period. Probably a better gauge of good hire vs. bad hire. 

Wonder if the Queen City guy will be back for a 2nd year? Some are doubting it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 2:00 PM, playactionpass39 said:

I think you should expand this discussion out another year, see who is making improvement over a 2 year period. Probably a better gauge of good hire vs. bad hire. 

I don't disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BEARDEDGOAT said:

Wonder if the Queen City guy will be back for a 2nd year? Some are doubting it. 

I'm guessing you're a QC guy... I was actually wondering about their basketball team. Interesting situation losing an AD/HFC/HBB in one firing. Saw them once this year in football it was, horrible. Wonder if there has been a negative impact in BB too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrclean69 said:

I'm guessing you're a QC guy... I was actually wondering about their basketball team. Interesting situation losing an AD/HFC/HBB in one firing. Saw them once this year in football it was, horrible. Wonder if there has been a negative impact in BB too. 

Yeah, Ive heard they have had a couple starters decide to quit. So i would imagine they will look a little different.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

I'm guessing you're a QC guy... I was actually wondering about their basketball team. Interesting situation losing an AD/HFC/HBB in one firing. Saw them once this year in football it was, horrible. Wonder if there has been a negative impact in BB too. 

I heard the QC B-ball team had a game rained out last Friday night.  Never in all of my life have I ever heard of that but there is a lot of stuff in that town that seems to amaze me.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, WowohWow said:

I heard the QC B-ball team had a game rained out last Friday night.  Never in all of my life have I ever heard of that but there is a lot of stuff in that town that seems to amaze me.

hole in the roof?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2018 at 12:46 PM, mrclean69 said:

I'm guessing you're a QC guy... I was actually wondering about their basketball team. Interesting situation losing an AD/HFC/HBB in one firing. Saw them once this year in football it was, horrible. Wonder if there has been a negative impact in BB too. 

they hired the girls bb coach from pg as their boys coach. i know nothing about the talent level at qc but i think that was a pretty good hire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 7:26 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

Paul Pewitt hit the jackpot with Coach Abron. We are lucky to have him and his family. Great coach and even better man. Finished 8-2 when no one gave us a shot. 9/9 returning. Yes it’d be great if we moved down. It’s tough when you got 21 suited up. Nobody wants their school to shrink but if that’s the case so be it. 

 Cuz,  The day is coming a lot faster than some think,  when we are probably going to have to Consolidate  the North and South districts in order to survive. The Education situation in Austin is about as jacked up as Doomers Ford.....True Story.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Crankshaft said:

 Cuz,  The day is coming a lot faster than some think,  when we are probably going to have to Consolidate  the North and South districts in order to survive. The Education situation in Austin is about as jacked up as Doomers Ford.....True Story.

As long as Abron is named coach of them striped Brahmas. Coach 1tomany can be over laundry if they want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

As long as Abron is named coach of them striped Brahmas. Coach 1tomany can be over laundry if they want. 

I think that will be a no brainer at the RB store committee.😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Crankshaft said:

 Cuz,  The day is coming a lot faster than some think,  when we are probably going to have to Consolidate  the North and South districts in order to survive. The Education situation in Austin is about as jacked up as Doomers Ford.....True Story.

Nonono, my car IS a 78 Ford Escort StationWagon but it's not jacked up. I just have airshocks giving it lift for when I hitch the trailer to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Crankshaft said:

 Cuz,  The day is coming a lot faster than some think,  when we are probably going to have to Consolidate  the North and South districts in order to survive. The Education situation in Austin is about as jacked up as Doomers Ford.....True Story.

If the CDL test don't get any easier they will have to consolidate the schools because they will only have about 5 bus drivers.....that is as big of a joke as the education situation in Austin.... Let the government have to much control in anything and it will be jacked up like a football bat

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 7:08 AM, sackem said:

 

I stopped by the Queen City DQueen. and there was a lady there that definitely had an upside. She had nothing but good things to say about QueenC. The guy with me said her frontside was her upside. But I thought it was the positive things she said about Queen City. She said they always had an outstanding Band and even a State Championship Marching Band in 11-12. She remembered the 89 season they went several deep in football. and had been good in baseball.

Queen City is a death trap for a football coach.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2018 at 3:06 PM, WowohWow said:

I heard the QC B-ball team had a game rained out last Friday night.  Never in all of my life have I ever heard of that but there is a lot of stuff in that town that seems to amaze me.

just an update on the queen city dumpster fire.....I hear they have about 10 kids running track

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2018 at 9:43 AM, BEARDEDGOAT said:

Wonder if the Queen City guy will be back for a 2nd year? Some are doubting it. 

Queen City got rid of a real good coach about 4-5 years ago...the kids played tough, disciplined and looked well coached. Of course the coach ran the ole flexbone option, so maybe he was not up to snuff with these new passing offenses 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...