Union Grove

Strike51

45 minutes ago, Strike51 said:

Can someone give some info on this job?

Do they have the kids to compete?

How is the Supt/Community Support?

Is there someone with an inside track?

Community support seems to be really good.  They treated Adams great from my understanding but for what ever reason had some kids sit out this year. They’ve been competitive for the last few years other than this year  but seems to run into teams like Alto and can’t compete with the athletes. But.... for the most part I think it’s a lot if parents that don’t want their kids in Gladewater or Gilmer. Not all but seems to me that’s how it is. 

53 minutes ago, Strike51 said:

Can someone give some info on this job?

Do they have the kids to compete?

How is the Supt/Community Support?

Is there someone with an inside track?

I have nieces and nephews there. 

Good school. Good Kids. Kids can compete but not on a high level. Great Community support that  seems ok with having average records. Some of their better players at times have transferred to nearby schools where football is more competitive, but only to move back.  Why? Like I say nearby schools are more competitive 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GCSCougar13 said:

I wonder if Mike Maddox would consider this job. If I remember correctly, he is from Union Grove. I think he would do really well there if he is wanting to coach again. We loved him when he was here at Grace.

There is another UG alum who recently joined the ranks of the unemployed that would be a homerun hire. Tru storie. 

39 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

There is another UG alum who recently joined the ranks of the unemployed that would be a homerun hire. Tru storie. 

I didn't know Kliff Kingsbury went to Union Grove. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

6 hours ago, GCSCougar13 said:

I wonder if Mike Maddox would consider this job. If I remember correctly, he is from Union Grove. I think he would do really well there if he is wanting to coach again. We loved him when he was here at Grace.

He probably has it pretty good at Lindale.

Ward certainly was at Harleton at the wrong time. Their district has been brutal for the last 3 years.

Union Grove is in the toughest district right now as they have been in since 6A was created as well. That’s why they missed the playoffs in football this year.

7 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Ward certainly was at Harleton at the wrong time. Their district has been brutal for the last 3 years.

Union Grove is in the toughest district right now as they have been in since 6A was created as well. That’s why they missed the playoffs in football this year.

Watched harleton play one game this year and did not have spread caliber athletes.but i wasnt paid to coachem

• 3 weeks later...

Heard there have been lots of solid applicants which is exciting. It’d be a great job to have, great kids, great fans, great support. It isn’t a Teneha there are 1 maybe 2 4.8 kids and no 4.6’s there are a bunch of hard working tough kids. It won’t be an easy job you better be ready to eat sleep and breathe it. Get them believing in your program at a young age. If you work your a$$ off we can be good in football Coach Adams is proof. Although everyone who knows me knows you better be an AD that loves all sports in my opinion Baseball  is our best chance for a State Championship. 

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Off topic but UG has by far the best gymnasium in this area for a small school. I was blown away when I went in there. 

I assume they've built a new one?

Back in the day (when I played) their gym was so small the three-point line went all the way into the bleachers.