Union Grove

Strike51

42 minutes ago, GSmith1 said:

Heard there have been lots of solid applicants which is exciting. It’d be a great job to have, great kids, great fans, great support. It isn’t a Teneha there are 1 maybe 2 4.8 kids and no 4.6’s there are a bunch of hard working tough kids. It won’t be an easy job you better be ready to eat sleep and breathe it. Get them believing in your program at a young age. If you work your a$$ off we can be good in football Coach Adams is proof. Although everyone who knows me knows you better be an AD that loves all sports in my opinion Baseball  is our best chance for a State Championship. 

I guess on the boy’s side. 

I would say Girl’s track, but who knows about that now that the Grubbs girls are gone.

12 hours ago, GSmith1 said:

Heard there have been lots of solid applicants which is exciting. It’d be a great job to have, great kids, great fans, great support. It isn’t a Teneha there are 1 maybe 2 4.8 kids and no 4.6’s there are a bunch of hard working tough kids. It won’t be an easy job you better be ready to eat sleep and breathe it. Get them believing in your program at a young age. If you work your a$$ off we can be good in football Coach Adams is proof. Although everyone who knows me knows you better be an AD that loves all sports in my opinion Baseball  is our best chance for a State Championship. 

Uhhh...your girls track team already did that. 

6 hours ago, TheGodfather said:

Uhhh...your girls track team already did that. 

Yes I was talking on the boys side, girls also made Regional tournament in basketball last 2 years!!

I guess I should take that statement back all together, I'm pretty sure our boys track team went to the State meet 2 years ago,  we have some pretty solid cross country runners. In 2A golf you get a couple of good golfers and you have a shot.

27 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

3AD2 and down but their gym is as nice as any school really. Of coarse it’s gonna be a lot smaller size wise. Their starting 5 introduction tripped me out. Lights went out and music started played. Reminded me of when I was a kid watching Chicago Bull introductions. 

That’s pretty awesome. 

1 hour ago, Swingingabigstick said:

I was told five interviews took place yesterday 

I had heard some names that were interviewing yesterday, was wondering if it was some or all of the candidates. 

I've heard the Superintendent is top notch and great to work for and the coaching pay is pretty good for East Texas. 

Good luck to whomever lands this gig.