Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals

BoyzNdaHood

DF vs newton  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2018 at 01:30 AM

5 hours ago, Brahmaball said:

Yea and newton is at a complete different level than Pewitt I went into that game knowing we had no chance we didn’t have the numbers the size or the speed to hang with newton. But I do believe dfield has the stuff to match newton I’m not saying they will win but they will put up a good fight and will be the hardest game y’all will have through out the whole playoffs

You the one that said your top four teams would rule our district.

4 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Excuses, Excuses! You'll be spitting out a bunch of this Friday night. Off night, off night, coach had a headache, kids caught virus! Blah Blah Blah. Not wishing any of this, but I know it will be something if the Tigers win. The Tigers coming to play the game, just like the past two meetings

I don’t give any excuses, you either perform and win or you go home. That little discussion had nothing to do with excuses. You need to read the entire conversation.

2 hours ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

Exactly who you trying to convince? ( yourself), Newton is the defending state champs, and they bring back 16 or 17 players! You should know for sure just how good Newton is! But deep down, Newton is scared of their Daddy from the EAST! DF was winning championships when Newton was trying to learn how to spell CHAMPIONSHIP! Lol

We won one before y’all even thought about it, back in the day before two divisions and only the District champ went to the playoffs. Oh yeah we lost our all state running back in week two or three of Distict play. He didn’t play again until the state game. Newton 56 Spearman 26 it was 42 to 7 at half time.

1 hour ago, MuleSlicks said:

Laugh all you want you hollow headed purple yard bird.  The battle nears between two of high schools best football programs. It's going to be a war.  The victor will earn it.

Yeah, y’all are right. We are scared to death and might as well just stay home. Just like last year our schedule was so weak, we didn’t play anybody and big bad Gunter was going to take our toys away and make us cry. Where y’all think any fear comes from I don’t know. I know y’all aren’t scared, don’t expect you to be, but you are sadly mistaken to think there is any fear over here. I relish a good game and may the best team win. 

1 hour ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

Why don’t you purple Barney’s talk smack on SETXSPORTS FORUM? No activity in a long time! Coaches must have threatened you guys, whatever you do don’t wake up the sleeping giant of the east!  We already know how hard it is to beat DF! Don’t give them any bulletin board material at all! ( I can hear it now) lol

What’s to talk about over there, they all think we are going to win.

5 hours ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

Why don’t you purple Barney’s talk smack on SETXSPORTS FORUM? No activity in a long time! Coaches must have threatened you guys, whatever you do don’t wake up the sleeping giant of the east!  We already know how hard it is to beat DF! Don’t give them any bulletin board material at all! ( I can hear it now) lol

No most of the post there and here are from a few weeks agai and yall were still whining about your coach and calling for his head.  Yall have gone from the honey boo boo's of reality football talk to now beast texas again in 3 weeks. 

• LOL! 1

5 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

We won one before y’all even thought about it, back in the day before two divisions and only the District champ went to the playoffs. Oh yeah we lost our all state running back in week two or three of Distict play. He didn’t play again until the state game. Newton 56 Spearman 26 it was 42 to 7 at half time.

Daingerfield won it all in 68'

9 hours ago, BiggieSmalls said:

They’re referring to the two bye weeks Newton had; that’s why they think it’s weak. Lol. Make no mistake, Newton did call Carthage, 5A PNG, 5A Nederland and others trying to fill in the spot. Not saying they were scared by any means, because I know there are several factors with scheduling games, but WT sure did call for those games. 

Dunno about Nederland or PNG, but I find it impossible to believe Scott Surratt was called and wouldn't schedule a game against Newton. Carthage would beat the brakes off of the purple Robbins! Try again.

Regardless be thankful you didn't play that game. Look at your common opponent Gilmer? 🤔

9 hours ago, MuleSlicks said:

Laugh all you want you hollow headed purple yard bird.  The battle nears between two of high schools best football programs. It's going to be a war.  The victor will earn it.

Not just me laughing mule dung, all of the east and central Tx is laughing 😆 

• LOL! 1

12 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Dunno about Nederland or PNG, but I find it impossible to believe Scott Surratt was called and wouldn't schedule a game against Newton. Carthage would beat the brakes off of the purple Robbins! Try again.

Regardless be thankful you didn't play that game. Look at your common opponent Gilmer? 🤔

At least we have the guts to call😎

20 minutes ago, Robhollow84 said:

Not just me laughing mule dung, all of the east and central Tx is laughing 😆 

Laughing is good for the heart, hearts that the Tigers have broken over the years. We're gonna see who laughing Friday night! Watch how those laughs turn to "I knew if any team beat Newton it will be Dfield". You gotta remember fans hate Dfield for the past dominance we hold, especially in East Texas! Digest all the comments with the ones laughing. "How sweet it is to see Dfield to get beat"! Ect Ect!!! Better be knowing that it's hate for that Tiger Pride and History more so than anything Robswallow!

40 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

They did call for sure! I am from around Carthage and they did. Surratt did not want to play at Newton Field from what I heard. And Carthage would not have beat the breaks of them. Carthage night would have one but I can promise you it would have been a good game.

• Mr. P changed the title to Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals