Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals

BoyzNdaHood

DF vs newton  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2018 at 01:30 AM

Stay humble fellas. Man that game was tough as a fan to watch but impressed with what I seen across from us at the same time. Newton is by far the most explosive offense I've ever witnessed. Our D did well really early on but our O  made mistakes and a mixture of their D making big plays but man them Eagles would be fun to see against someone other than My Tigers. Yall it's been 1 hell of a ride and ETF would like to say congrats on behalf of the entire Tiger Nation!!!

Just now, Valhalla said:

You guys are crazy. Newton would win any classification 4A D2 and down, and I would love to see them against some of the 4A D1 teams.

Val, I’ve only been talking about 4A-D1. Newton is awesome and can definitely beat many 4A-D2 and 4A-D1 teams, but let’s tap the brakes just a bit.

4 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Barlow is always a class act. Plays like a man and act like one too. 

I'm disappointed with you, you aren't scared of catz and tigers are u? Thought I was going to put a face on the 4 named smoaky bandit, you sat with the purple squad SMH

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Well, that is true, but they’re not in the top rung of 4A this year and they have taken a step back.

Yeah, round 4 in 4A TEXAS Football is average. LOL.

You are still stupefied, mystified and terrified from last night.

That purple haze has clouded your judgement. Bahahaha 

1 minute ago, armchair said:

Yeah, round 4 in 4A TEXAS Football is average. LOL.

You are still stupefied, mystified and terrified from last night.

That purple haze has clouded your judgement. Bahahaha 

I am terrified and mystified by the haze. WOS is not average, they’re above average, but not as good as they were last year. Your region also has something to do with how deep a team can go. You are correct, WOS isn’t a Palestine or someone like that. Sorry Palestine Wildcats..

25 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

Man I missed my prediction of 63-14.  Can someone post the scores of Newton's playoff games. Who has played them the closest?

Newton vs Pewitt 69-0

Newton vs Grand Saline 59-5

Newton vs Troup 69-14

Newton vs Dangerfield 79-12

Thats a whopping 276-31. Unbelievable 

6 minutes ago, CCBulldog9 said:

Newton vs Pewitt 69-0

Newton vs Grand Saline 59-5

Newton vs Troup 69-14

Newton vs Dangerfield 79-12

Thats a whopping 276-31. Unbelievable 

Definitely on another level than everyone else! 

That strumming will take until next year to heal up from, ( my pride) Lol

To my buds in the area, enjoyed this week up until the past 24 hours! But again, you all were right,  we were just speed bumps on the way to another title! I’m personally glad to have witnessed what I thought no 3 A team could do to the DF Tigers, and specially this 2018 team with their speed! 79 points- insane.

• Like 1

Newton needs to be playing at a minimum 4a DII. They already beat 2 of the quarter finalist. Minimum they are a semi-final team in that division. I think they would still be playing in 4a D1. I think there are 3-4 teams in DI that can handle them, but on any given night they will give one of those teams a game. This is an all time great small school team. Rarely do you see teams that could legit play up divisions. With the split with 5a I think teams like Argyle, LV, and Carthage could play up in 5a DII, but that’s it. 5a DI and up no real chance. Special team we are seeing that could play up 3 divisions. It’s unheard of. Pulling for Newton from here on out. If they keep this pace, they will be remembered as one of the best pound for pound teams ever. This playoff run is crazy.

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I am terrified and mystified by the haze. WOS is not average, they’re above average, but not as good as they were last year. Your region also has something to do with how deep a team can go. You are correct, WOS isn’t a Palestine or someone like that. Sorry Palestine Wildcats..

Newton beat them last year too ....

To the casual onlooker ftball games are won with RB QB WR. While this is somewhat true up through the 3A level, however at higher classifications all have D-1 athletes and it’s the linemen that determine most outcomes. Newton is awesome this year and their D-1 athletes simply overpower or outrun lesser competition. I am not saying Newton line isn’t good but if they competed with larger schools on a regular basis depth would become an issue. However this year’s team might be the exception to the rule......THEY GOOD

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EastTexasSpeedKills said:

Definitely on another level than everyone else! 

That strumming will take until next year to heal up from, ( my pride) Lol

To my buds in the area, enjoyed this week up until the past 24 hours! But again, you all were right,  we were just speed bumps on the way to another title! I’m personally glad to have witnessed what I thought no 3 A team could do to the DF Tigers, and specially this 2018 team with their speed! 79 points- insane.

Nice post. 

I get it.  Last night talking to and seeing the reaction of some of the DF fans on the way out.....it might take a few days for it to sink in what just happened.  I think they thought DF was too good for that out come

3 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

Nice post. 

I get it.  Last night talking to and seeing the reaction of some of the DF fans on the way out.....it might take a few days for it to sink in what just happened.  I think they thought DF was too good for that out come

Several teams have probably thought that..... But I bet the coaches who watch film can predict what they are in for..... although they can never tell their own team that.

• Mr. P changed the title to Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals