Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals

BoyzNdaHood

DF vs newton  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2018 at 01:30 AM

On 12/8/2018 at 1:13 PM, darktower said:

That team is definitely

one of greatest of all time... But points given up was in completely different era of football---everybody in I power I or option. Offenses have evolved so much in 35 years. They scored 39.5 points per game and gave up .5  Newton scoring 60 and giving up 7....same level of dominance. both are great great teams but you cannot compare and say one was greater than other 

👍

47 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Don't be!!! 2018 Newton Eagles 💪💪

Record speaks for itself!!! Great Team

Could of dropped 100 on my Tigers!!! 

Newton made their point!!!!! 79 of them !!!!!

Daingerfield Tigers & Newton Eagles are in rare company!!!! Both great programs!!!

Yes sir they are!!

3 hours ago, darktower said:

That team is definitely

one of greatest of all time... But points given up was in completely different era of football---everybody in I power I or option. Offenses have evolved so much in 35 years. They scored 39.5 points per game and gave up .5  Newton scoring 60 and giving up 7....same level of dominance. both are great great teams but you cannot compare and say one was greater than other 

True coaching defense would be a nightmare now compared to 1983.  Daingerfields defensive record will never be broken in this offensive era.  I bet 2018 Newton would score on 1983 Dfield.

2 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

9Hey NB the 83 DF title and 66 points still add up to basketball this week.   They almost lost by 80 points in football.  Let that sink in. 

Daingerfield lost by 67 points. That's a bit from 80 Leroy! I'm sure the school you support would of kept it closer. 

3 hours ago, BuckNut said:

True coaching defense would be a nightmare now compared to 1983.  Daingerfields defensive record will never be broken in this offensive era.  I bet 2018 Newton would score on 1983 Dfield.

Bet so too. Early and often. But you’re right. Never be broken. Unreal record

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, BuckNut said:

I bet If frogs had wings they wouldn't bump that .

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

As an outsider, I just want to say that I watched Newton vs Pewitt  at Carthage a few weeks ago, & I saw a LOT of people from Daingerfield were there to watch that game... If those folks Still thought Daingerfield had a prayer against Newton, they Ain’t rowin’ with both oars in the water....😳

• LOL! 3

There was alot said that got proved wrong by newton, all the doubters including myself knows know one can beat this team this year, most already knew but some hadn't seen them, the rest that are still standing are playing for 2nd.... helluva team and deserves to win it all.... maybe next year there will be some better competition and not so many studs on one squad

6 hours ago, JETT said:

There was alot said that got proved wrong by newton, all the doubters including myself knows know one can beat this team this year, most already knew but some hadn't seen them, the rest that are still standing are playing for 2nd.... helluva team and deserves to win it all.... maybe next year there will be some better competition and not so many studs on one squad

How y’alls team lookin for next year Jett?

• Mr. P changed the title to Newton (12-0) vs. Daingerfield (10-3), Class 3A (D-II) Quarterfinals