Argyle (13-0) vs. La Vega (11-2) Class 4A (D-I) Quarterfinals

fromabuick8

Pirates vs Eagles  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Pirates vs Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

Waco La Vega is good really good! They will have a ton more athletes on the field then Carthage. If both team make it to state coach Surratt  better have a Flawless game plan. If you have a NFHS.com subscription I would advise anyone to go back and look at the Paris game and look at the argyle game from tonight. I was born and raised in Carthage went to Carthage graduated from Carthage definitely a homer but I'm also a realist! And from what I see on film they are big aggressive fast hit hard they are well-rounded team!

On 12/6/2018 at 7:37 PM, bradthebad said:

Huh? Henderson didnt want to move the game?

On 12/6/2018 at 7:52 PM, bmoc said:

Heck no.......... Carthage did.   Makes no sense!   

Makes perfect sense. Carthage could be way more electrifying in better weather.

9 hours ago, coachkells said:

Have to give props to Argyle they played with heart and determination.   It just wasn't enough tonight.  They made it really tough on the Pirates tonight.   Definitely a first class team. 

They are a great TEAM they just don’t have the athletes LV does. I’ve gone back to this many times about Argyle. They are tough, disciplined and play as a cohesive unit in all phases of the game, but even when playing perfectly and up against a team that’s faster and bigger at numerous positions who also plays a clean game Argyle is likely going to lose.

You can’t teach speed, etc.

La Vega is too athletic for Argyle when LV is on their game and limits the mistakes.