Carthage (13-0) vs. Henderson (9-4) Class 4A (D-I) Quarterfinals

Cowboy818113

Henderson vs Carthage  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2018 at 01:30 AM

51 minutes ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

No way y’all match up with our talent. Not one position do y’all have a better player at than we do.

Not a single one?  So y’all have a linebacker better than Odom?  Y’all have a receiver better than Medford. Y’all have a Dlineman better than Rose???  I’m not saying those guys are better I’m only saying we match up talent wise. Y’all maybe more talented in one place and we maybe be more talented in others but y’all arent better in all 22 spots plus special team than Henderson. Don’t confuse being better coached as better talent. That’s not the argument here. 

15 minutes ago, LionsLonghornsCowboys said:

Not a single one?  So y’all have a linebacker better than Odom?  Y’all have a receiver better than Medford. Y’all have a Dlineman better than Rose???  I’m not saying those guys are better I’m only saying we match up talent wise. Y’all maybe more talented in one place and we maybe be more talented in others but y’all arent better in all 22 spots plus special team than Henderson. Don’t confuse being better coached as better talent. That’s not the argument here. 

That’s pretty logical... I can agree to that, but we’ve got Surratt & Preston... That’s the diff....😏

2 hours ago, cotton84 said:

My first hunch of the week ---  Carthage is ready to play this week from the opening kickoff and not wait until well into the game to decide to GATA.

I pray you’re right! Don’t think I can take another game like last week! 😳

6 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

That day Will come, no doubt; But, hopefully it will be in the distant future!😳🙏

He may decide to rewrite the Texas high school football coaching records for state championship wins, number of playoff wins and regular season wins overall and at one school, Carthage High School.

Who knows, y’all may have to put up with him for a few more decades, I mean, he’s only in his 40s. 

6 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

He may decide to rewrite the Texas high school football coaching records for state championship wins, number of playoff wins and regular season wins overall and at one school, Carthage High School.

Who knows, y’all may have to put up with him for a few more decades, I mean, he’s only in his 40s. 

He is 51 I believe. Graduated high school in 1986. 

54 minutes ago, LionsLonghornsCowboys said:

20 out of 22, let’s say that. And I’ll take Dixon over Medford...

Ive been holding back, but of Henderson is as talented as Carthage, then what’s the problem? I know the answer, but will y’all say it?

55 minutes ago, LionsLonghornsCowboys said:

Ingram best linebacker in the district. Dixon with 6 DI offers so far. 

8 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

Bound to get an offer sooner or later. Look at Gilmer. Question is, will he take it?

If truth be known he has had many offers to leave for larger high schools or to go to college ranks.  He just wants to stay here until his kids graduate.  That’s not so bad is it?

1 minute ago, LionsLonghornsCowboys said:

What’s the answer?  

Coaching. I know Henderson has athletes. Not a doubt in my mind. 2017 Dawgs were on another level. Not much y’all could do about them. 2016 and 2018, coaching is the difference. 2016 Lions should have beat the Dawgs in the playoffs. I don’t think they have the team to beat 2018 Dawgs, but it should be better than the first meeting.

Just my opinion. And really the only answer if y’all truly believe Henderson has the talent Carthage has.

23 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

If truth be known he has had many offers to leave for larger high schools or to go to college ranks.  He just wants to stay here until his kids graduate.  That’s not so bad is it?

Nope. Very admirable. I hope he stays. 

36 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Coaching. I know Henderson has athletes. Not a doubt in my mind. 2017 Dawgs were on another level. Not much y’all could do about them. 2016 and 2018, coaching is the difference. 2016 Lions should have beat the Dawgs in the playoffs. I don’t think they have the team to beat 2018 Dawgs, but it should be better than the first meeting.

Just my opinion. And really the only answer if y’all truly believe Henderson has the talent Carthage has.

I agree with you. I have said that many times on this thread. Y’all have confidence and coaching. But anyone thinking that that there is a huge difference in talent between the 2 school is kidding themselves. Sure each school in its history have those once every 4-5 year talents and even those once a generation talent but year in and year out we are very close talent wise. If you played Madden. Y’all would be an 88ovr team and we would be an 86ovr this year. Some years it’s is better than y’all. 

As for 2016. You’re correct. I said it after y’all won’t State. The 2nd best 4a team won it that year. But coaching and confidence in big games is the difference. Surratt making us drive the ball and not getting the big play was genius. That one loss 2 years ago set our program back and until we are able to knock y’all off we will always have a little doubt in our minds that we can beat y’all. 2 shut outs in a row tells you that 

54 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I’m 1000% Down with That!!!😋👌

• Mr. P changed the title to Carthage (13-0) vs. Henderson (9-4) Class 4A (D-I) Quarterfinals