Carthage (13-0) vs. Henderson (9-4) Class 4A (D-I) Quarterfinals

Cowboy818113

Henderson vs Carthage  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2018 at 01:30 AM

7 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

You do a pretty convincing job of imitating Lion...😂😏

There is a chance if and Hendo has the talent to beat Carthage close but it would take a huge effort on coaching and executing,The only way imo to defeat Carthage is coaching and that's clearly very difficult to out coach Carthage Coaches, they or undefeated for 2 years an State Champs for a reason, but I can see La Vega beating Carthage this year, but if a mix in plays that could confuse a coach strad. But like I say it's hard to do, but Hendo has a Chance.

On 12/1/2018 at 6:19 PM, LionsLonghornsCowboys said:

. Both teams are equal talent wise. You can’t tell me they aren’t. 

From a neutral party who has seen several Henderson games and a couple of Carthage games and who has spent many years observing high school talent from the sidelines this statement is definitely not true. Carthage, MH and probably La Vega (just from watching them last year) are head and shoulders above the rest of the teams in talent. The biggest and most important difference in talent can be found up front where the games are truly won and lost. Carthage's and definitely MH's offensive lines are by far the difference makers. Henderson's o-line has improved but they are just not there and when the o-line fails, most of the time the offense fails. Henderson's qb will have very little time to throw the ball and their running backs will have little room to run. That normally spells disaster for the offense. Not saying that Henderson is not a good team,, but when you get to this stage in the playoffs weakness's are magnified and this weakness makes a huge difference in the game. Henderson has the skill kids, just like Carthage does but when they can't be used it doesn't make much difference. Barring turnovers from Carthage, the game shouldn't be close. Henderson has had a great season and the coaches have done incredible to get them this far, but I have to go with Carthage by 21. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, OneTreehill said:

From a neutral party who has seen several Henderson games and a couple of Carthage games and who has spent many years observing high school talent from the sidelines this statement is definitely not true. Carthage, MH and probably La Vega (just from watching them last year) are head and shoulders above the rest of the teams in talent. The biggest and most important difference in talent can be found up front where the games are truly won and lost. Carthage's and definitely MH's offensive lines are by far the difference makers. Henderson's o-line has improved but they are just not there and when the o-line fails, most of the time the offense fails. Henderson's qb will have very little time to throw the ball and their running backs will have little room to run. That normally spells disaster for the offense. Not saying that Henderson is not a good team,, but when you get to this stage in the playoffs weakness's are magnified and this weakness makes a huge difference in the game. Henderson has the skill kids, just like Carthage does but when they can't be used it doesn't make much difference. Barring turnovers from Carthage, the game shouldn't be close. Henderson has had a great season and the coaches have done incredible to get them this far, but I have to go with Carthage by 21. 

I agree but I'm still picking Hendo, it's possible and they do have a chance, come on man it's not like facing  the 2017 C,Dawgs I guess maybe they still have the same Offensive line as last, but what smart move the coaches has Carthage, I mean they don't have Ingram at rb, nor the same defense as last year's and still being Dominate, it would take a bad game for Carthage, few turn others and not letting Carthage get in there minds, just play tough, if we going go down, then make it difficult not easy.

3 hours ago, OneTreehill said:

From a neutral party who has seen several Henderson games and a couple of Carthage games and who has spent many years observing high school talent from the sidelines this statement is definitely not true. Carthage, MH and probably La Vega (just from watching them last year) are head and shoulders above the rest of the teams in talent. The biggest and most important difference in talent can be found up front where the games are truly won and lost. Carthage's and definitely MH's offensive lines are by far the difference makers. Henderson's o-line has improved but they are just not there and when the o-line fails, most of the time the offense fails. Henderson's qb will have very little time to throw the ball and their running backs will have little room to run. That normally spells disaster for the offense. Not saying that Henderson is not a good team,, but when you get to this stage in the playoffs weakness's are magnified and this weakness makes a huge difference in the game. Henderson has the skill kids, just like Carthage does but when they can't be used it doesn't make much difference. Barring turnovers from Carthage, the game shouldn't be close. Henderson has had a great season and the coaches have done incredible to get them this far, but I have to go with Carthage by 21. 

La Vega wants that rematch with Carthage, I believe La Vega will win it, La Vega is tougher than Heritage imo.

• Mr. P changed the title to Carthage (13-0) vs. Henderson (9-4) Class 4A (D-I) Quarterfinals
48 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

La Vega wants that rematch with Carthage, I believe La Vega will win it, La Vega is tougher than Heritage imo.

We know LV is tougher than MH, but it also comes down to matchups team to team.

Just because LV blew out MH and Carthage barely got past MH it doesn’t automatically mean LV will beat Carthage.

First things first, LV has to beat AHS and Carthage has to beat arch rival Henderson.

There’s football to be played before LV and Carthage can think about playing each other.

20 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Just wondering if anyone made it to chalk talk and if so what was said about our pass coverage, or lack thereof?

MH QB very good arm, & the receivers were very tall & good; Dawgs let the get behind them a little too much. Will better this weekend. Not overly worried about Henderson as much as ball control issue in the nasty weather forecasted for Friday.

2 hours ago, roarroarroar said:

You have a point there...Hendo fans don't show and the ones that do boo the kids in the 2nd quarter

That is a pretty broad accusation. I show up...I stay to the end no matter the score... and I never boo anyone...not the officials...not the coaches...and dang sure not the kids.

Just now, CarthDawg77 said:

MH QB very good arm, & the receivers were very tall & good; Dawgs let the get behind them a little too much. Will better this weekend. Not overly worried about Henderson as much as ball control issue in the nasty weather forecasted for Friday.

Im hoping for torrential rain with 30 mph wind.

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

We dnt boo the kids, we boo the refs for wrong calls to be honest 

One of my best friends is an official. Those guys put up with a lot. The way some "fans" treat them it is no wonder there is a shortage of officials. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

MH QB very good arm, & the receivers were very tall & good; Dawgs let the get behind them a little too much.

Im still not understanding how that prevented them from jumping for the ball or even putting their hands up.  Oh well,  whats done is done and hopefully it was just an aberration. If it wasnt,  we may be sitting at the house soon.

2 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Im still not understanding how that prevented them from jumping for the ball or even putting their hands up.  Oh well,  whats done is done and hopefully it was just an aberration. If it wasnt,  we may be sitting at the house soon.

That’s still a mystery to me as well...