Carthage (13-0) vs. Henderson (9-4) Class 4A (D-I) Quarterfinals

Cowboy818113

Henderson vs Carthage  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2018 at 01:30 AM

On 12/2/2018 at 8:44 PM, LionsLonghornsCowboys said:

Not a single one?  So y’all have a linebacker better than Odom?  Y’all have a receiver better than Medford. Y’all have a Dlineman better than Rose???  I’m not saying those guys are better I’m only saying we match up talent wise. Y’all maybe more talented in one place and we maybe be more talented in others but y’all arent better in all 22 spots plus special team than Henderson. Don’t confuse being better coached as better talent. That’s not the argument here. 

Yes yes and yes.

Rayvon Ingram is Better than Odom.

Dixon is better than medford.

and all four D linemen are better.

• Like 2
  • Stinks 2

On 12/2/2018 at 8:17 PM, Cowboy818113 said:

Keep smoking whatever it is your smoking... 

I like Rings for my flavor.  Dixon is Better than Medford,  Ingram is Better than Odom, our entire D-Line and O—line is Better.  We have whipped y’all three games in a row how the heck are you going to say y’all are better athlete to athlete than us.  To me it’s not even close.

• LOL! 1

4 minutes ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

I like Rings for my flavor.  Dixon is Better than Medford,  Ingram is Better than Odom, our entire D-Line and O—line is Better.  We have whipped y’all three games in a row how the heck are you going to say y’all are better athlete to athlete than us.  To me it’s not even close.

Now, now! They Do have that Madden XBOX System that is Virtually foolproof...😜

ABFB6C76-758C-4A21-8D32-34E6AF85392F.jpeg

20 minutes ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

If you would have read what I posted instead of just scanning over it you would see that no where did I say we were better than y’all talent wise. All I said was that we match up with y’all talent wise. In fact never have I once said a negative thing about Carthage.  All I have said is that the fact that y’all are 6 time state champs, shut us out last 2 games that y’all gave us basically beat getting off the bus.  They only way we could beat y’all Friday night is if we hit you in the mouth right off that bat with a quick score then a 3 and out and score again. Gain some confidence that we in fact could beat y’all then play perfect football the rest of the way. Carthage is in the heads of our coaching staff I believe. We were so conservative last game trying not to make a mistake. This time we have to let it all go. Don’t worry about anything. 

Also like I said. I have never said a negative thing about Carthage. In fact if y’all win Friday I will be rooting for y’all to win it all. Losing in the playoffs to the eventual state champ is the best way to go out if you’re going to not win State yourself. What I don’t like seeing is how you or other Carthage people (not all) talk negative about Henderson. 

are

Not a single one?  So y’all have a linebacker better than Odom?  Y’all have a receiver better than Medford. Y’all have a Dlineman better than Rose???  I’m not saying those guys are better I’m only saying we match up talent wise. Y’all maybe more talented in one place and we maybe be more talented in others but y’all arent better in all 22 spots plus special team than Henderson. Don’t confuse being better coached as better talent. That’s not the argument here. 

Here it is again.  Henderson’s talent is less than ours at all spots.  We can go position to position.  I will give you one kid y’all have that’s as good as Dixon.  I think he is number 5 he ran Dixon down and our tailback on two long runs.  Other than him no others are a match for the talent we have.

41 minutes ago, LionsLonghornsCowboys said:

If you would have read what I posted instead of just scanning over it you would see that no where did I say we were better than y’all talent wise. All I said was that we match up with y’all talent wise. In fact never have I once said a negative thing about Carthage.  All I have said is that the fact that y’all are 6 time state champs, shut us out last 2 games that y’all gave us basically beat getting off the bus.  They only way we could beat y’all Friday night is if we hit you in the mouth right off that bat with a quick score then a 3 and out and score again. Gain some confidence that we in fact could beat y’all then play perfect football the rest of the way. Carthage is in the heads of our coaching staff I believe. We were so conservative last game trying not to make a mistake. This time we have to let it all go. Don’t worry about anything. 

Also like I said. I have never said a negative thing about Carthage. In fact if y’all win Friday I will be rooting for y’all to win it all. Losing in the playoffs to the eventual state champ is the best way to go out if you’re going to not win State yourself. What I don’t like seeing is how you or other Carthage people (not all) talk negative about Henderson. 

4EF705AC-3C26-4057-991A-4F9809E66DE1.jpeg

Ok, I know this could never happen, but I am going out on a limb and picking the Lions by 2...strictly a pick from the heart, not from my mind but I gotta be a homer for one more week. If it DOES happen there sure is going to be a lot of crow eating done by the Bulldog fans!!!  

• Like 1

Just now, blesseddaily said:

Ok, I know this could never happen, but I am going out on a limb and picking the Lions by 2...strictly a pick from the heat, not from my mind but I gotta be a homer for one more week. If it DOES happen there sure is going to be a lot of crow eating done by the Bulldog fans!!!  

That’s true, we’d need to bring our appetites, because we’ve been a pretty confident bunch heading into this game.

1 minute ago, blesseddaily said:

Can't say that I blame you guys for that...especially after the game last week!! MH was a very good team!!!!!

While that IS a true statement, yet Another true statement is that Carthage has played much better than they did at the Star, which was the main reason they trailed Heritage all the way up until that “Do or Die” race to the corner, flying leap by Dixon, which will forever make him a Carthage Bulldog LEGEND....👍

• Like 1

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Whew, that game was super frustrating, but definitely entertaining.

You ain't never lying!!! Carthage folks should take up a collection and send it to that clock man!!!! That's about as close as you can get to losing a game!!!!! Crazy stuff!!! It really is a great run and congrats are in order for the coaching staff and players!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Ok, I know this could never happen, but I am going out on a limb and picking the Lions by 2...strictly a pick from the heart, not from my mind but I gotta be a homer for one more week. If it DOES happen there sure is going to be a lot of crow eating done by the Bulldog fans!!!  

Nothing wrong with that pick.  If you think you've lost before the first snap then you've already lost.  As for this fan, after what i saw last friday night, im taking NOTHING for granted.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

You ain't never lying!!! Carthage folks should take up a collection and send it to that clock man!!!! That's about as close as you can get to losing a game!!!!! Crazy stuff!!! It really is a great run and congrats are in order for the coaching staff and players!!

It’s been a lot of fun watching all the different Bulldog teams succeed and also the ones who ultimately failed to win state only for many of those same players come back and win it the next year. We’ve been very fortunate to get Surratt and his coaching staff who’ve changed our world in Carthage. It’s been a great experience winning and losing with the Dawgs over the years.

• Like 2