Carthage (13-0) vs. Henderson (9-4) Class 4A (D-I) Quarterfinals

Cowboy818113

Henderson vs Carthage  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2018 at 01:30 AM

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

Going to be very difficult to throw the ball tonight. I expect an old fashioned, low scoring , ground and pound type of game. Henderson has to get some breaks. One thing is for sure...Lobo will not be packed like it was when Carthage and Hendo played there in 2016 lol. Safe travels everyone.

Well hendo will be 0 again they couldn’t score when it was dry and all they did was run the ball.

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I think you’re right, I watched the weekly review and preview show with Larry Allen interviewing Surratt. Surratt did not seem too enthused with Castles.

So your saying Castles is under Surratts skin??? 😂😂😂. Guess he's not as much a fan of the gamesmanship as y'all say he is!  

Surratt (imo) wanted to move the game because he believes he has the better team and that a dry track benefits his team. He did not want to move the game for the comfort of the players and fans...and certainly not to help Henderson. If the situation were reversed and Carthage was a double digit under dog and he believed that inclement weather MIGHT help his team pull off an upset then he would do exactly the same thing Castles is doing...and rightly so. It is a coachs responsibility to do everything he can within the rules to give his team the best chance for success. Will it make a difference in this case? Idk, we will find out in 9 hours.

2 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Surratt (imo) wanted to move the game because he believes he has the better team and that a dry track benefits his team. He did not want to move the game for the comfort of the players and fans...and certainly not to help Henderson. If the situation were reversed and Carthage was a double digit under dog and he believed that inclement weather MIGHT help his team pull off an upset then he would do exactly the same thing Castles is doing...and rightly so. It is a coachs responsibility to do everything he can within the rules to give his team the best chance for success. Will it make a difference in this case? Idk, we will find out in 9 hours.

I agree 100%.

37 minutes ago, Cowboy818113 said:

So your saying Castles is under Surratts skin??? 😂😂😂. Guess he's not as much a fan of the gamesmanship as y'all say he is!  

Nah, I’m saying he seemed a little perturbed, but he’d never come out and say it. He did mention safety of all school officials and fans attending the game as a good reason to have played last night. He understands Henderson’s reasoning for keeping the game on Friday night. 

5 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

And yes,we,will see if it can give a advantage or not 

23 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Surratt said he wanted to move the game for student and fan safety. He is right. Why have your buses and kids trying to drive to a football game in a flood when you didn’t have to. Surratt will beat Henderson in a sandbox, but it’s not what he wants to do. Sure Surratt wants a dry game, but he doesn’t need it. This game should’ve been moved. I hope it’s 70-0.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

He also said LH wanted to play outside. They didn’t want us inside, which is what Surratt wanted. That’s fair enough. I can totally understand that, and that’s the gamemenship you look for. But to deliberately play in a flood? Doesn’t make sense.

Oh, they’re just trying to make it as even a playing field for themselves as possible.

Liberty Hill doesn't want to play indoors next week, and they are not playing until tomorrow afternoon...…………..I wish coach would choose Thursday at the Star as his choice(or Jerry's World if available) and let Liberty Hill choose Friday and New Caney as their choice...….and "flip" for the day/site...……………...Thursday would be a quick turnaround from Saturday for L H

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Surratt said he wanted to move the game for student and fan safety. He is right. Why have your buses and kids trying to drive to a football game in a flood when you didn’t have to. Surratt will beat Henderson in a sandbox, but it’s not what he wants to do. Sure Surratt wants a dry game, but he doesn’t need it. This game should’ve been moved. I hope it’s 70-0.

I to hope the Dawgs hang a 60 on the Lions. That’s just stupid wanting to play in a monsoon if you had another choice.