Carthage (13-0) vs. Henderson (9-4) Class 4A (D-I) Quarterfinals

Cowboy818113

Henderson vs Carthage  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2018 at 01:30 AM

20 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I to hope the Dawgs hang a 60 on the Lions. That’s just stupid wanting to play in a monsoon if you had another choice. 

probably won't happen tonight but next year..............when the dawgs will probably be better..........and finally at home.............the 60 has a chance !!!!

9 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

This will be four games in a row the Bulldogs have faced the Lions away from Bulldog Stadium. 

this will be number 5..........2016-Lobo.......2017-henderson and sfa...................2018-henderson and lobo 

13 minutes ago, Cowboy818113 said:

The rain expectation is down and moving to more after midnight...

Two weeks in a row the other team has cried about the possibility of weather affecting the game.  It's football in December - if you don't like the elements don't go!

376CBE68-1788-4C7D-88CE-2C4AB25A3132.png

I’m not!  Watching it at home in my dry living room.

7 minutes ago, LIONMAN said:

Surrat only wanted to move the game to benefit his football team. Period.  If it wouldn’t have benefited his team he wouldn’t have requested it.  All these other reasons people are stating are smoke screens. 

if you are going to single out a man at least learn to spell his name correct.  

1 minute ago, bmoc said:

if you are going to single out a man at least learn to spell his name correct.  

Well said. Well said. I’ll make the correction.  

With that being said it’s not a bad request.  I don’t blame him. Just didn’t get his way this time. 

3 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Surratt said he wanted to move the game for student and fan safety. He is right. Why have your buses and kids trying to drive to a football game in a flood when you didn’t have to. Surratt will beat Henderson in a sandbox, but it’s not what he wants to do. Sure Surratt wants a dry game, but he doesn’t need it. This game should’ve been moved. I hope it’s 70-0.

I agree on that one to move it for kids and fans safety, but this could help Hendo in the rain, maybe, at same time.

16 minutes ago, LIONMAN said:

Surratt only wanted to move the game to benefit his football team. Period.  If it wouldn’t have benefited his team he wouldn’t have requested it.  All these other reasons people are stating are smoke screens. 

Exactly. I have a great deal of respect for Coach Surratt and I will say about him what Bum Phillips said about Earl Campbell "He might not be in a class of his own but it sure doesn't take long to call roll". He has built what is probably the best program in the state but that does not entitle Carthage to get their way.

3 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Exactly. I have a great deal of respect for Coach Surratt and I will say about him what Bum Phillips said about Earl Campbell "He might not be in a class of his own but it sure doesn't take long to call roll". He has built what is probably the best program in the state but that does not entitle Carthage to get their way.

Shucks, we’ll just have to play in the rain. Be alright!

50 minutes ago, bmoc said:

this will be number 5..........2016-Lobo.......2017-henderson and sfa...................2018-henderson and lobo 

When is the last time Carthage-Hendo beat the other one on their home field? 

2018 Carthage won in Henderson

2017 Carthage won in Henderson

2016 Henderson won in Carthage

2015 Carthage won in Henderson

2014 Henderson won in Carthage

2012 and 2013 dnp

I think Carthage won in carthage in 2011 but I am not sure.

3 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

When is the last time Carthage-Hendo beat the other one on their home field? 

2018 Carthage won in Henderson

2017 Carthage won in Henderson

2016 Henderson won in Carthage

2015 Carthage won in Henderson

2014 Henderson won in Carthage

2012 and 2013 dnp

I think Carthage won in carthage in 2011 but I am not sure.

I believe Carthage has more wins against Hendo. At homefield, who is homer in this one?

1 hour ago, Cowboy818113 said:

Two weeks in a row the other team has cried about the possibility of weather affecting the game.  It's football in December - if you don't like the elements don't go!

My app still shows 100% chance of rain every hour from 6 pm until 5 am. Of course, mine showed 70% throughout the game last week and it did not even sprinkle. Maybe I need a different weather app lol.

1 hour ago, Cowboy818113 said:

Look at the radar...rain ain’t stopping.  Steady flow of rain intensifying from the southwest 

• Like 1