Carthage (13-0) vs. Henderson (9-4) Class 4A (D-I) Quarterfinals

Cowboy818113

Henderson vs Carthage  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2018 at 01:30 AM

46 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Hendersons offense is vanilla under the best of circumstances.  Tonight it was not just vanilla...it was low fat, sugar free vanilla lol. Congrats to Carthage on the win and good luck next week.

If Carthage and Hendo had of swapped coaching staffs 4 years ago, and the coaching staffs both put in the same type effort that they have the last 4 years, this game would have been a war, with probably Hendo winning ------------Carthage has better talent, but not a whole lot better, and it would not have been developed as well in the last 4 years......and of course the in season prep work and game day coaching is a big difference

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UnclePigg said:

Gosh Henderson has got to be tired of playing the big red machine 

One would think their Resident Jail Bird would Eventually admit the skills, as well as the personnel are Responsible for their Enviable Record, rather than continually attributing everything as lucky breaks, or having officials bought off.

2 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

When you are the champ, there will always be people saying the champs are lucky, should have lost this game, should have lost that game, but the reality of it is.

Coach Surratt, Preston, and staff turn a bunch of DAWGS into a well oiled machine that play to win no matter what situation they are in during a game.

6 state championships is not luck. 

To nights game stats: Dawgs first downs 22       Rushing 318   Passing 67    Total yards 385

Lions first downs 3            Rushing 58     Passing 1       Total yards 59

That is total domination not luck.

Oh and nobody had a chance to beat the 2017 Dawgs. 

They will go down as one of the best 4A teams of all time. 

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

2 hours ago, JBizzle said:

So those 5 minutes weren’t part of the game? The ref blow the whistle and end the game at the 5 minute mark?

59 yards...

Give me a break...  Even though I didn't truly pay attention to who was in the game for y'all, I'm guessing there may have been a few plays where some 2nd string came in, and only because there was a 14 point difference with less than 5 minutes to play, but don't yank my chain and act likeit was all JV players orchestrating that last drive.

1 hour ago, Cowboy818113 said:

Give me a break...  Even though I didn't truly pay attention to who was in the game for y'all, I'm guessing there may have been a few plays where some 2nd string came in, and only because there was a 14 point difference with less than 5 minutes to play, but don't yank my chain and act likeit was all JV players orchestrating that last drive.

35 - 0.......34 - 0........28 - 7.............97 > 7..........with what some Henderson people say is equal talent

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cotton84 said:

If Carthage and Hendo had of swapped coaching staffs 4 years ago, and the coaching staffs both put in the same type effort that they have the last 4 years, this game would have been a war, with probably Hendo winning ------------Carthage has better talent, but not a whole lot better, and it would not have been developed as well in the last 4 years......and of course the in season prep work and game day coaching is a big difference

Better talent my $$$. I guess better talent is the reason Carthage is still behind all time record.  I would say that’s a homer statement. I didn’t see better talent last night. Carthage has a better staff. Preparing a team is huge. Play calling and decisions are huge. Confidence is huge. Surratt is a great coach and would have the same results if the spots were changed. Henderson has a good staff but not on the level of Carthage. After this party is over Carthage will go back to being just good again just like Gilmer.

43 minutes ago, touchdownlsu said:

Better talent my $$$. I guess better talent is the reason Carthage is still behind all time record.  I would say that’s a homer statement. I didn’t see better talent last night. Carthage has a better staff. Preparing a team is huge. Play calling and decisions are huge. Confidence is huge. Surratt is a great coach and would have the same results if the spots were changed. Henderson has a good staff but not on the level of Carthage. After this party is over Carthage will go back to being just good again just like Gilmer.

haha   your green is showing.  

think of mike smith every time i have a kountry fresh.  started that business and a friend.