Carthage (13-0) vs. Henderson (9-4) Class 4A (D-I) Quarterfinals

Cowboy818113

Henderson vs Carthage  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2018 at 01:30 AM

9 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

You must've missed the part where MH was given a td when the ball didnt cross the goal line and we had a defensive td called back for no reason.  Yes, we earned the right to send henderson home this week.

That’s a true statement. There were more questionable calls that went against Carthage than for Carthage against MH. Carthage won and moved on and defeated the Lions again.

So it starts with Carthage shouldn’t have been playing last night and finishes with Henderson’s offense always makes Carthage’s defense look good, because the Lions never play well against the Bulldog defense. Also, all the good folks of Long Branch (who attend Carthage schools) were pulling for Henderson.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Re-opened under new ownership Nov 3rd.  Not in the same place as before.  Just down from Sonic now.  Pizza tastes like it used to when the Krutza’s owned it.

Okay appreciate it!

Good luck too the Dawgs! Seen where LV has a practical walkover into the state game. Region 1 must be super weak.

26 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Take and bake.  The market Fresh pizzas at Wal Mart are just as good and a whoooole lot cheaper

I just had a bunch of Kountry Fresh last night. The Walmart pizza doesn’t come close to KF just like 90% of 4A teams this year don’t compare and couldn’t compete with Newton on the football field. 

2 hours ago, touchdownlsu said:

Better talent my $$$. I guess better talent is the reason Carthage is still behind all time record.  I would say that’s a homer statement. I didn’t see better talent last night. Carthage has a better staff. Preparing a team is huge. Play calling and decisions are huge. Confidence is huge. Surratt is a great coach and would have the same results if the spots were changed. Henderson has a good staff but not on the level of Carthage. After this party is over Carthage will go back to being just good again just like Gilmer.

All time record has NOTHING to do with the talent on the field LAST NIGHT. Sour grapes much ?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Hendersons offense is vanilla under the best of circumstances.  Tonight it was not just vanilla...it was low fat, sugar free vanilla lol. Congrats to Carthage on the win and good luck next week.

i noticed that carthage's running game was  mostly north/south.......................henderson does too much sideways running.   gives athletes on defense a chance to get there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I just had a bunch of Kountry Fresh last night. The Walmart pizza doesn’t come close to KF just like 90% of 4A teams this year don’t compare and couldn’t compete with Newton on the football field. 

I would put that at 99%. No joke. It's crazy how talented they are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

You crazy!  Cheaper maybe but not just as good.

I’ll have to try it again, last time it just wasn’t anything to hoop and holler about.  It’s good, but not the best pizza I ever had by any stretch.  In fact I felt what you got for what you paid was a reason they folded

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I’ll have to try it again, last time it just wasn’t anything to hoop and holler about.  It’s good, but not the best pizza I ever had by any stretch.  In fact I felt what you got for what you paid was a reason they folded

A lot of folks quit buying it over the last couple of years for the same reason you mention.  New owners have gotten it back to the way it was before.  Fresh ingredients and generous toppings.  I promise the WM supreme does not compare to the 16 inch Farmer’s Delight!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

It must be a sad day in Henderson football history.  Pizza King & Kountry Fresh are getting more posts this morning than the Lions.  Ouch.

Johnny's Pizza is good even with crawfish. Only thing not awesome bout Johnny's is the price. Medium Sweep The Kitchen pie cost'd me $23. TrueStorie

• LOL! 1

10 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

One would think their Resident Jail Bird would Eventually admit the skills, as well as the personnel are Responsible for their Enviable Record, rather than continually attributing everything as lucky breaks, or having officials bought off.

Yessir I don’t think there’s anything about 28-7 that says luck or officials were involved 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

DN15, is correct, it’s back to the original Kountry Fresh, which is great! 

4 hours ago, touchdownlsu said:

Better talent my $$$. I guess better talent is the reason Carthage is still behind all time record.  I would say that’s a homer statement. I didn’t see better talent last night. Carthage has a better staff. Preparing a team is huge. Play calling and decisions are huge. Confidence is huge. Surratt is a great coach and would have the same results if the spots were changed. Henderson has a good staff but not on the level of Carthage. After this party is over Carthage will go back to being just good again just like Gilmer.

There are two Dawg O linemen with DI offers with more coming and another wide receiver with 7 DI offers and more coming. 

I have said it all year, the best O line in 4A and one of the top D lines in 4A. 

Both The O line and D line dominated a team in the 4th round. 

Make all the excuses you want to but Henderson went four rounds because of a real good D line and linebacker. They got dominated last night because of the O lines and D lines of the Dawgs. 

Coaching and talent is why Carthage is moving on. 

4 hours ago, cotton84 said:

All time record has NOTHING to do with the talent on the field LAST NIGHT. Sour grapes much ?

Talent does have a lot to do with overall record. Carthage was up last night but it’s not always that way. No sour grapes dude, it is what it is. Everyone in the state is chasing what Carthage is doing. Not just Henderson. 

• LOL! 1

15 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

When you are the champ, there will always be people saying the champs are lucky, should have lost this game, should have lost that game, but the reality of it is.

Coach Surratt, Preston, and staff turn a bunch of DAWGS into a well oiled machine that play to win no matter what situation they are in during a game.

6 state championships is not luck. 

To nights game stats: Dawgs first downs 22       Rushing 318   Passing 67    Total yards 385

Lions first downs 3            Rushing 58     Passing 1       Total yards 59

That is total domination not luck.

Hate to agree but yea that was Domination.

2 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

There are two Dawg O linemen with DI offers with more coming and another wide receiver with 7 DI offers and more coming. 

I have said it all year, the best O line in 4A and one of the top D lines in 4A. 

Both The O line and D line dominated a team in the 4th round. 

Make all the excuses you want to but Henderson went four rounds because of a real good D line and linebacker. They got dominated last night because of the O lines and D lines of the Dawgs. 

Coaching and talent is why Carthage is moving on. 

Correct.