The Smoakhouse Forums

Carthage (13-0) vs. Henderson (9-4) Class 4A (D-I) Quarterfinals

Henderson vs Carthage  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2018 at 01:30 AM

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BTW - district 10 is the only district in 4aD1 that has district opponent's still playing into week 4 - and that my friends is why it's called the District of Doom - to bad we gotta eliminate our own

Heard it was a lower back tat that says "Definitely Not Happening!"

Henderson School Superintendent is providing Free transportation on Hendo school bus for all who want to attend the game at Lobo...

Posted Images

2 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

You ain't never lying!!! Carthage folks should take up a collection and send it to that clock man!!!! That's about as close as you can get to losing a game!!!!! Crazy stuff!!! It really is a great run and congrats are in order for the coaching staff and players!!

It’s been a lot of fun watching all the different Bulldog teams succeed and also the ones who ultimately failed to win state only for many of those same players come back and win it the next year. We’ve been very fortunate to get Surratt and his coaching staff who’ve changed our world in Carthage. It’s been a great experience winning and losing with the Dawgs over the years.

• Like 2

Since there’s a 100% chance of heavy rains predicted for Friday’s game, I thought We had All better go ahead & get ready... Enjoy!

The Late Stevie Ray Vaughan; The Greatest guitar picker & Blues man in the history of the world! 

This is “Texas Flood...”

12 hours ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

Yes yes and yes.

Rayvon Ingram is Better than Odom.

Dixon is better than medford.

and all four D linemen are better.

Not really and it's even in match ups, i agree on the coaching staff for Carthage is better but Hendo has a great coaching staff as well. This game would be won by what coach choose the right plays an execute well.

On 12/4/2018 at 6:39 PM, bansheefan03 said:

Is it just gonna be rain r they predicting storms yes rain #### but don't matter to me but would rather then try to move it if storms r predicted

Storms were predicted for our game last week too...  We still played.

15 hours ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

Yes yes and yes.

Rayvon Ingram is Better than Odom.

Dixon is better than medford.

and all four D linemen are better.

Not really and it's even in match ups, i agree on the coaching staff for Carthage is better but Hendo has a great coaching staff as well. This game would be won by what coach choose the right plays an execute well.

36 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

If Carthage plays Henderson like they did Chill early in the rain,Hendo will capitalize on that.

Henderson fumbled the first snap from scrimmage IN DRY Weather during the 34-0 skunking; Do you think they will not fumble a Wet ball? Asking for a friend.

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Henderson fumbled the first snap from scrimmage IN DRY Weather during the 34-0 skunking; Do you think they will not fumble a Wet ball? Asking for a friend.

But during the monsoon of 2018 against Kilgore, they dominated - how many did Kilgore score on Carthage?  23???

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

That's dry not the wet lands, this year Hendo seems to play better in rain, never fumbled to Kilgore in the Monsoon, that's dry weather when Hendo fumbled.

10 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Since there’s a 100% chance of heavy rains predicted for Friday’s game, I thought We had All better go ahead & get ready... Enjoy!

The Late Stevie Ray Vaughan; The Greatest guitar picker & Blues man in the history of the world! 

This is “Texas Flood...”

WOW!!! What a great way to start the morning!!!! Absolutely the greatest!!!! Incredible!!!!!

7 hours ago, Cowboy818113 said:

But during the monsoon of 2018 against Kilgore, they dominated - how many did Kilgore score on Carthage?  23???

Sure did, but Carthage more than Doubled their score, winning it 48-23... Carthage still got the W! 👌

6 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Heavy rain and winds gusting to 25 will turn this into sloppy defensive battle. Give me Henderson something like 16-13.

Henderson bringing wind turbines in to help or what? The rain is a definite, but the winds are not expected to be that much. Carthage has brought in the ladder trucks from the Fire Department to practice playing in the heavy rain. LOL Go Dawgs!!

11 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

This is “Texas Flood...”

You might be cool, but you'll never be Stevie Ray Vaughn switching guitars in the middle of song without missing a note live on national television cool: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, CDAWG68 said:

Henderson bringing wind turbines in to help or what? The rain is a definite, but the winds are not expected to be that much. Carthage has brought in the ladder trucks from the Fire Department to practice playing in the heavy rain. LOL Go Dawgs!!

My weather app shows 15 mph winds gusting to 25 during the game. I have not thought about bringing in wind turbines but now that you mention it.....................

3 minutes ago, AKA said:

You might be cool, but you'll never be Stevie Ray Vaughn switching guitars in the middle of song without missing a note live on national television cool: 

What did I tell you? 👏👏👏👌

• Like 1

If a real Lion and Bulldog faced off tho, it would be a real messy dealio.