Carthage (13-0) vs. Henderson (9-4) Class 4A (D-I) Quarterfinals

Cowboy818113

Henderson vs Carthage  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2018 at 01:30 AM

9 minutes ago, CDAWG68 said:

Either way, Henderson would have went home this week. Great run in the playoffs though! Go Dawgs!!

Absolutely agree. Everyone outside of the program knew it. Uphill battle. Lost 2 straight in the playoffs to them. This was going to be no different. 

That said, it was a good season and a good 3-year run for these seniors (twice in the state quarterfinals and once in the regional semifinals all losing to the eventual state champion). I can't say go Carthage and hope you win a title. Just hurts too much. Never have been one of those that wishes the team that just knocked you out would win the title. If you kept me from enjoying it, I sure don't want you to enjoy it.

18 minutes ago, SmokyBurgess said:

You smoking something? They did score. You even put it in the score. Must be from Carthage (or Gilmer) since you cant' add.

Their special teams scored, not their offense. I said "still no td from the O." That means offense in football.  Learn to read.   I can add just fine, thanks.

2 minutes ago, SmokyBurgess said:

Playing in the rain had nothing to do with safety. Had more to do with trying to hang with Carthage. On a dry field, this is a 5 score game. Played in the rain, it was a 2 score game until the end when Carthage added a late score. I admire Castles for sticking to his guns. If Surratt were a 25-point underdog like Henderson was, he'd have done the exact same thing. 

Great season Henderson. #### it has to end again by a team that should've went home last week. Twice in the state quarterfinals (2017-2018)) and once in the regional semifinals (2016). Not to mention state quarters in 2014, quarters in 2012 and semis in 2011. Can't complain about that. One of these days, we'll get out of Carthage's region and class. 

When you are the champ, there will always be people saying the champs are lucky, should have lost this game, should have lost that game, but the reality of it is.

Coach Surratt, Preston, and staff turn a bunch of DAWGS into a well oiled machine that play to win no matter what situation they are in during a game.

6 state championships is not luck. 

To nights game stats: Dawgs first downs 22       Rushing 318   Passing 67    Total yards 385

Lions first downs 3            Rushing 58     Passing 1       Total yards 59

That is total domination not luck.

4 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

When you are the champ, there will always be people saying the champs are lucky, should have lost this game, should have lost that game, but the reality of it is.

Coach Surratt, Preston, and staff turn a bunch of DAWGS into a well oiled machine that play to win no matter what situation they are in during a game.

To nights game stats: Dawgs first downs 22       Rushing 318   Passing 67    Total yards 385

I never said it was luck. I just said they shouldn't be playing this week after that touchdown on the final play of the game came up short of the GL. I don't understand why Henderson's offense goes flat against Carthage. Those numbers is Henderson's offense making the defense look good. Offense does well against everyone else, just not sure why they choose not to show up against Carthage. Just a mind block I think. I think everyone west of Clayton wishes we would've played Heritage this week. Not that it would've been better. But it would've been better for the mentality. 

On 12/6/2018 at 3:53 PM, DawgNation2015 said:

Revising my score prediction to 26-8 Dawgs due to 100% chance of rain with 10-15 mph wind gusts.  I’ll be watching on TV.  No way I’m sitting in that mess unless I can get a press box seat.  I bet those will be at s premium!

I didn’t miss it by much!  Enjoyed a Kountry Fresh Pizza while watching the Dawgs take care of business in my living room. On to round 5!

4 minutes ago, SmokyBurgess said:

I never said it was luck. I just said they shouldn't be playing this week after that touchdown on the final play of the game came up short of the GL. I don't understand why Henderson's offense goes flat against Carthage. Those numbers is Henderson's offense making the defense look good. Offense does well against everyone else, just not sure why they choose not to show up against Carthage. Dogs aren't that great. Just a mind block I think. I think everyone west of Clayton wishes we would've played Heritage this week. Not that it would've been better. But it would've been better for the mentality. 

Show me definitive proof Holcomb didn’t score on that play. The ref was right on the goal line. You have no shot that shows he didn’t.

Heritage would have beat the brakes off Henderson too.

6 minutes ago, SmokyBurgess said:

I never said it was luck. I just said they shouldn't be playing this week after that touchdown on the final play of the game came up short of the GL. 

You must've missed the part where MH was given a td when the ball didnt cross the goal line and we had a defensive td called back for no reason.  Yes, we earned the right to send henderson home this week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Carthage Bulldogs.

10 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Hendersons offense is vanilla under the best of circumstances.  Tonight it was not just vanilla...it was low fat, sugar free vanilla lol. Congrats to Carthage on the win and good luck next week.

Great support in showing no fear this week, you're one of the Lion supporters that is fun to go back and forth with. 

2 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

You must've missed the part where MH was given a td when the ball didnt cross the goal line and we had a defensive td called back for no reason.  Yes, we earned the right to send henderson home this week.

The fumble recovery that was not a TD, still scratching my head after watching that again on NFHS network. Oh well, moving on to the next one. Go Dawgs!!

9 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

Glad to see that Arp Tiger help Henderson make it to the 4th round. Good luck Carthage rioting for you guys. 

No, all of Henderson’s players must be homegrown to hear their talk about the Carthage “move-ins”!

• LOL! 1