Carthage (13-0) vs. Henderson (9-4) Class 4A (D-I) Quarterfinals

Cowboy818113

Henderson vs Carthage  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2018 at 01:30 AM

7 minutes ago, LionsLonghornsCowboys said:

First I want to say I’m for Henderson. Born and raised here but please fellow Henderson people don’t talk ####. Unfortunately Carthage is in our heads. Both teams are equal talent wise. You can’t tell me they aren’t. But in the game earlier this year when we got inside the 10 and didn’t score it was our heads and the doubt that filled them not the lack of talent. When you’ve been outscored 69-0 in the last 2 you’ve got a lot to over come. Not just the other team but the mind games your head plays on you. The self doubt. Does Henderson have a chance yes. We match up talent wise but has to hit Carthage in the mouth early and keep hitting. Never let up. Build confidence throughout the game and we have a chance. But please Henderson people this team is undefeated for a reason. It was more than talent that beat MH yesterday. They are confident and believe they can do anything. We need to support our guys no matter what. But please don’t talk smack. I know it’s all in good fun but don’t give them any fuel and if you think they don’t read this you’re delusional. They do 

Let me attempt to get in your head. 69 to 0 happened for a reason, you're too predictable and lack the talent to spread it around. Please hit us in the mouth, we tend to like challenges. Looking forward to the game Friday. Go Dawgs!!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CDAWG68 said:

Let me attempt to get in your head. 69 to 0 happened for a reason, you're too predictable and lack the talent to spread it around. Please hit us in the mouth, we tend to like challenges. Looking forward to the game Friday. Go Dawgs!!

I agree with the being predictable but not talent wise. We have just as much talent as y’all do 

• Thumbs Down 1

Henderson has nothing to lose in this game. Run every trick play. Every fake punt. Don’t try to force to Medford if they double him again. C. Jackson is very good outside hit him if they double Medford. Go out in a blaze of glory. And if you do that and Carthage still beats us. Shake there hand and root for them to win it all. Being beat by the eventual state champs is this best way to go down I think. 

21 minutes ago, LionsLonghornsCowboys said:

First I want to say I’m for Henderson. Born and raised here but please fellow Henderson people don’t talk ####. Unfortunately Carthage is in our heads. Both teams are equal talent wise. You can’t tell me they aren’t. But in the game earlier this year when we got inside the 10 and didn’t score it was our heads and the doubt that filled them not the lack of talent. When you’ve been outscored 69-0 in the last 2 you’ve got a lot to over come. Not just the other team but the mind games your head plays on you. The self doubt. Does Henderson have a chance yes. We match up talent wise but has to hit Carthage in the mouth early and keep hitting. Never let up. Build confidence throughout the game and we have a chance. But please Henderson people this team is undefeated for a reason. It was more than talent that beat MH yesterday. They are confident and believe they can do anything. We need to support our guys no matter what. But please don’t talk smack. I know it’s all in good fun but don’t give them any fuel and if you think they don’t read this you’re delusional. They do 

Good pep talk; Props to you for that. Probably inspire some of the kids to dig deep & give a little more effort.... IF they don’t look back & see their fans leaving...IF they’re even at this game, after the humilitiating last two games these two teams played against one another. 

After the miraculous come from behind ,”Do or Go home” victory last night at the Star, where Carthage sent a Very good Midlothian Heritage Jaguar team home in defeat, I don’t believe Henderson can pull out the “W” at Lobo, where their luck seems  to have evaporated.

The weather could play a factor, but I think Carthage sits Hendo down in this game.

10 minutes ago, LionsLonghornsCowboys said:

I agree with the being predictable but not talent wise. We have just as much talent as y’all do 

In 2016 you matched our talent and the score was 33 to 31, that will always be the game that hurts Henderson. It was an exciting game to watch because talent was in abundance, it was a heavyweight battle that someone unfortunately had to lose. Games like that,  you can say Henderson as much talent. When you get shut out, it's hard to claim that you have as much talent. Match ups, execution, and breaks come in to play in every game, but true talent finds a way to display their dominance in a game. Go Dawgs!!!

3 minutes ago, CDAWG68 said:

In 2016 you matched our talent and the score was 33 to 31, that will always be the game that hurts Henderson. It was an exciting game to watch because talent was in abundance, it was a heavyweight battle that someone unfortunately had to lose. Games like that,  you can say Henderson as much talent. When you get shut out, it's hard to claim that you have as much talent. Match ups, execution, and breaks come in to play in every game, but true talent finds a way to display their dominance in a game. Go Dawgs!!!

Carthage has the advantage walking into the stadium. 6 state championship and 4 wins in a row 2 by shut out. That gets into your head. Y’all are a very well coached team. That confidence getting off the bus alone can shut out teams. Look inside our district. Every other team scored on y’all. Are you saying they have more talent then Henderson. If so then how did we get this far?  Y’all being in our head shut us out. Not our lack of talent. You are not being realistic if you think there is a big talent difference between Henderson and Carthage. Being confident well coached and know how to win big games is the difference 

33 minutes ago, LionsLonghornsCowboys said:

Carthage has the advantage walking into the stadium. 6 state championship and 4 wins in a row 2 by shut out. That gets into your head. Y’all are a very well coached team. That confidence getting off the bus alone can shut out teams. Look inside our district. Every other team scored on y’all. Are you saying they have more talent then Henderson. If so then how did we get this far?  Y’all being in our head shut us out. Not our lack of talent. You are not being realistic if you think there is a big talent difference between Henderson and Carthage. Being confident well coached and know how to win big games is the difference 

Henderson is a very strong team that represents our district well, I pull for our district teams to do good. Not bashing completely, just stating my opinion.

36 minutes ago, LionsLonghornsCowboys said:

This poster has pasted/copied my own words from the last five years.

Blatant Plagiarism.

Go Dawgs.

• LOL! 2

22 minutes ago, silsbee92 said:

This poster has pasted/copied my own words from the last five years.

Blatant Plagiarism.

Go Dawgs.

Are you saying I’ve been copying you for 5 years?  I’ve only been on here for 2 weeks now?  In fact I have never heard of you until now. Sorry if I’m miss reading you but I have not copied anyone just stating my own opinion. But hey if you agree with me then great minds think alike

1 minute ago, LionsLonghornsCowboys said:

Are you saying I’ve been copying you for 5 years?  I’ve only been on here for 2 weeks now?  In fact I have never heard of you until now. Sorry if I’m miss reading you but I have not copied anyone just stating my own opinion. But hey if you agree with me then great minds think alike

We have had some good battles with Silsbee over the years.  Silsbee92 does not mean any harm.  He is glad his team is in D2 this year!  😁

• Mr. P changed the title to Carthage (13-0) vs. Henderson (9-4) Class 4A (D-I) Quarterfinals