Carthage (13-0) vs. Henderson (9-4) Class 4A (D-I) Quarterfinals

Cowboy818113

Henderson vs Carthage  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2018 at 01:30 AM

27 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Pleasant Grove game & Midlothian Heritage game; The two games where I just knew Carthage was toast, & then, Surratt & Company snatched Victory from the Jaws of Defeat! #NeverEnough!!!

It ain’t over, ‘til it’s OVER!!!! Go Dawgs!🏈👌🏆

That’s right, it ain’t over ‘til it’s over when you’re playing the Bulldogs. 

That’s something that’s made Surratt so special. His teams always seem to believe they’re going to win no matter how tough it gets. 

If we can beat Henderson Friday they’ll have helped us reach 40 wins in a row, BUT that’s not the goal.

The goal is to reach at least 42 in a row, because that’s what’s required to win state this year!!!!!!!

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We give hendo folks a hard time about the scoreless streak but i think we need not kid ourselves.  There have been several times in the last 3 games where they were getting real close and something bad happened to them, whether it be a bad pass that was picked or a fumble or something.  I dont expect that bad luck to continue but after what our D went through this past friday night, i sure wish it would.  From here on out im not gonna even attempt to name a score on the remaining games, just win Dawgs!  If only by a single point.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

We give hendo folks a hard time about the scoreless streak but i think we need not kid ourseleves.  There have been several times in the last 3 games where they were getting real close and something bad happened to them, whether it be a bad pass that was picked or a fumble or something.  I dont expect that bad luck to continue but after what our D went through this past friday night, i sure wish it would  From here on out im not gonna even attempt to name a score on the remaiming games, just win Dawgs!  If only by a single point.

Agreed.

47 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

We give hendo folks a hard time about the scoreless streak but i think we need not kid ourseleves.  There have been several times in the last 3 games where they were getting real close and something bad happened to them, whether it be a bad pass that was picked or a fumble or something.  I dont expect that bad luck to continue but after what our D went through this past friday night, i sure wish it would  From here on out im not gonna even attempt to name a score on the remaiming games, just win Dawgs!  If only by a single point.

Agreed.

6 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Pleasant Grove game & Midlothian Heritage game; The two games where I just knew Carthage was toast, & then, Surratt & Company snatched Victory from the Jaws of Defeat! #NeverEnough!!!

It ain’t over, ‘til it’s OVER!!!! Go Dawgs!🏈👌🏆

True and agree, but there's other competitions after Hendo, maybe Liberty Hill, of either La Vega or Argyle will be enough, I think those teams or a lot tougher and stronger then Heritage.

6 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That’s right, it ain’t over ‘til it’s over when you’re playing the Bulldogs. 

That’s something that’s made Surratt so special. His teams always seem to believe they’re going to win no matter how tough it gets. 

If we can beat Henderson Friday they’ll have helped us reach 40 wins in a row, BUT that’s not the goal.

The goal is to reach at least 42 in a row, because that’s what’s required to win state this year!!!!!!!

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

Being realistic you know how it turns out when Carthage plays Henderson the outcome, tired of losing to Carthage, everyone here is tired, it would take Carthage to have a bad game or if it could possible rain in order to win against the top Dawg.Hendo has to be near perfect on execute on plays and the play calls, miracles happens and it can happen, Henderson can defeat Carthage and yes there's a chance just has to play a great effort on Offense and Defense. Trick plays and mismatched on matchups can be the key just has to execute it.

7 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Being realistic you know how it turns out when Carthage plays Henderson the outcome, tired of losing to Carthage, everyone here is tired, it would take Carthage to have a bad game or if it could possible rain in order to win against the top Dawg.Hendo has to be near perfect on execute on plays and the play calls, miracles happens and it can happen, Henderson can defeat Carthage and yes there's a chance just has to play a great effort on Offense and Defense. Trick plays and mismatched on matchups can be the key just has to execute it.

Stay positive Lionbunchofnumbers, because that’s way better than having a negative mindset going into the game, and you’re four rounds deep in the playoffs. That’s nothing to scoff at!

Just now, oldtownag said:

I'm conceding the 1 point safety.  I know its unlikely but we have to give the Lions some hope.

Really I looked at first game, Carthage were double teaming Hendo best WE of course and I did see players that were open but didn't get ball thrown to them, that's the problem, Hendo offensive line has to be strong in order to give the QB the chances to see open receivers, I'm sure Hendo coaches will have these boys ready this go round, if we don't defeat Carthage with these game plans we would at least open a blueprint for other teams to look an practice for.

37 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Really I looked at first game, Carthage were double teaming Hendo best WE of course and I did see players that were open but didn't get ball thrown to them, that's the problem, Hendo offensive line has to be strong in order to give the QB the chances to see open receivers, I'm sure Hendo coaches will have these boys ready this go round, if we don't defeat Carthage with these game plans we would at least open a blueprint for other teams to look an practice for.

If your QB has not had the time/opportunity/direction to look to option 2, 3, 4 in his progressions 13 games into the season you can’t expect him to be able to flip a switch this week in practice and start doing it.  It takes a lot of practice and repetition - more than he has this week.

• Mr. P changed the title to Carthage (13-0) vs. Henderson (9-4) Class 4A (D-I) Quarterfinals