Pleasant Grove (11-2) vs. Pittsburg (10-3) Class 4A (D-II) Quarterfinals

Pittpirate1919

Who wins  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Pittsburg
    • Pleasant Grove

2 minutes ago, Pittpirate1919 said:

No lol I was talking the first of game I have no complaints about the Lorena gane accept for leaving 19 in the game 

Gotcha gotcha haha. Yeah he got picked on a bit, hopefully he can come out and play better next week—I still think he can play! 

37 minutes ago, Pittpirate1919 said:

Yall earned the right to be cocky but I'll tell you this pirates not going to lay down they playing a lot different than the first meeting 

I feel ya. Not cocky but if Pitt airs it out, PG will get their INTs. Just depends on how many times they intercept it before they stop passing...it might just take that 1 pick 6.

2 hours ago, futfan said:

Having the game that late will allow those that have to work until 5 get there for the game. 

Not everyone can get off to go. Saturday would be better still. 

When the outsiders don’t have the reasons (explanation) why things fall the way they do, there are many unhappy campers. 

Be a true fan, show up, and cheer. 

I just can’t deal with the metroplex traffic like I did ten years ago.  Night vision is not so good.  I wish it had been played in NE Texas but I understand the kids like the big stage.  PG is an affluent community and travel well.Pit not so much but they have a good following.  Many of the older fans will not make the drive

2 minutes ago, OLEMAN said:

I just can’t deal with the metroplex traffic like I did ten years ago.  Night vision is not so good.  I wish it had been played in NE Texas but I understand the kids like the big stage.  PG is an affluent community and travel well.Pit not so much but they have a good following.  Many of the older fans will not make the drive

Yeah that’s what’s bad. Not everyone is willing or able to make that trip. These two teams could have taken that into consideration and kept the game closer to home

9 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

I think Pitt will win this time. Their QB is something special. 

Jimmerson is the real deal, but I rate qbs even. Harmon runs PG's slot-t with precision and has thrown 54 touchdown passes the last two years. Pitt is dangerous and capable of winning, but I just don't see it happening. Hawks lost a great player in Landon Jackson, but they just keep winning.

• Like 1

PG has the better defense. They get the stops, and grind the clock. I think it will be a great first half, but the Hawks pull away late. Pitt’s lack of depth will be exposed by the PG’s physical run and PA pass. Another thing I see consistently is the PG wins the halftime adjustments battle between coaches. It will take an exceptional team performance from the Pitt players and coaches to take down the Hawks. PG by 2 TDs.

PG should be the favorite . Defending state champ. Already defeated this team this year . If. You don't bring your a game Pitt will beat you. Play like you did against LE  or Gladewater  could be a upset .We will let the boys decide the game Friday night .Really like your coach and team .Just hope you don't win Fri night. PITT by a hair See y'all there

Hard to beat a good team twice in one year.  I think the game comes down to which team has improved the most since the first meeting.  Pittsburg has improved the running game and the defense doesn’t look anything like they did earlier in the season.  I am sure that PG has improved.  

1 hour ago, downtheline said:

Hard to beat a good team twice in one year.  I think the game comes down to which team has improved the most since the first meeting.  Pittsburg has improved the running game and the defense doesn’t look anything like they did earlier in the season.  I am sure that PG has improved.  

PG has improved as well  

8 minutes ago, downtheline said:

I am sure that they have.  But, I do believe that Pittsburg has improved the most. 

Gilmer got their main receiver and main running back back for the second match up! The result was a worse loss than the first match up. Keep telling yourself that Pitt has some kind of edge because pg blew them out the first time 45-20. So Pitt has an adavantage?? Sorry man but Pitt while good,, is outmatched next week and it might get ugly! 

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to Pleasant Grove (11-2) vs. Pittsburg (10-3) Class 4A (D-II) Quarterfinals