Pleasant Grove (11-2) vs. Pittsburg (10-3) Class 4A (D-II) Quarterfinals

Pittpirate1919

Who wins  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Pittsburg
    • Pleasant Grove

Tip my hat to the Pirates! This was one of those games where you felt the loss of Jackson. Jimmerson wasn’t hardly touched and he made the Hawks pay for it. The Pitt receivers had some serious YAC. Bruce Garrett is just a beast! Tough as nails. Pitt shredded the Hawks secondary even when we knew it was coming. I stand corrected on Pitt. They are indeed a much better team than I thought. 4th qtr drive for PG was textbook clock killing. Almost 7 minutes on that drive. Great job by all of the players. What a great game! Made the miserable drive in the rain worth it. 

GO HAWKS!

3 hours ago, unclebubba said:

Watched it on the internet.  Great game!  Both teams have a lot to be proud of.  Officiating played no role in the outcome!

Any idea where and when they’ll play Iowa park. Should be a bit easier, Holliday beat them 14-0 in their opening gm this season. 

22 minutes ago, toohottohandle said:

What a game!!  It was a great game to watch and too bad anyone had to lose. Pretty sure PG will back to back.

not so fast...gotta win next friday and then beat silsbee or cuero(most likely)

1 hour ago, Hobby said:

Great game PG hate we lost but we did feel like this was the state game after watching GR and Iowa Park Hope y'all win it all and yes you do miss #40

You said it! Landon’s absence was felt in this one. Burris is solid but we simply cannot get pressure on QBs without blitzing!

3 hours ago, Nonothing said:

Congrats PG. Pitt is obviously a solid opponent but 41 points scored on PG...what happened? That is not good...

No pressure on Jimmerson and I mean NONE! He had time to get the ball to receivers in open space! When they were in open space they were nothing short of almost impossible to tackle. Not since Atlanta had the Grove given up 40 points. I am not impressed with # 23 on the Hawks don’t know what happened to 21 but #23 looks like he is scared or something.