Malakoff (10-2) vs. Atlanta (8-5) Class 3A (D-I) Quarterfinals

H3llR4z0r

Atlanta Rabbits vs Malakoff Tigers  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who moves on to the Semi-Finals to face Brock/Shallowater?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2018 at 01:30 AM

Guest Tiger03lb

Good game Atlanta! You guys got some quick backs. You guys made some good adjustments on your running game in the 2nd half and finally got to see that speed that you guys were talking about. Had me worried there for a minute. Not going to lie. Lol. Atlanta couldn't stop our running game at all. Carr had a very good game coming back from being injured all season long. Seemed like he didn't miss a step at all. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Good game Atlanta! You guys got some quick backs. You guys made some good adjustments on your running game in the 2nd half and finally got to see that speed that you guys were talking about. Had me worried there for a minute. Not going to lie. Lol. Atlanta couldn't stop our running game at all. Carr had a very good game coming back from being injured all season long. Seemed like he didn't miss a step at all. 

Carr is a monster!!! Wish we could have had a better first half so it would have been an even better game. Great job Atlanta there was a lot of heart showed today and Atlanta is proud! Now Malakoff go represent region 2 and show Brock how we do it around here!

Guest Tiger03lb
3 minutes ago, BigBoyRabbit03 said:

Carr is a monster!!! Wish we could have had a better first half so it would have been an even better game. Great job Atlanta there was a lot of heart showed today and Atlanta is proud! Now Malakoff go represent region 2 and show Brock how we do it around here!

Guess he had some built up in him and was ready to go. Lol. We were physical all around tonight. I think that was the difference in this game. I was wondering when coach was going to start eating the clock. He finally did after that last td. We really didn't pass this week. Only a few to #1 and no screen passes this game. Which was surprising but was okay with how we were running the ball. Liked the way Atlanta never gave up during the game. You guys came out a different team in the second half. You guys got a good team and hope to play you guys again next year! 

1 hour ago, Coach0001 said:

Play  Brock Friday at 4 pm at Ford Center

I know Rab for Life apparently is not around anymore but I wish I could have seen the look on his face. 

Rabbs never quit they battled back and are to be Congratulated  on that and a great season 

I still think Rab4Life was a Mally plant pretending to be a Rabbit fan...LOL

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rabb74 said:

I still think Rab4Life was a Mally plant pretending to be a Rabbit fan...LOL

Lol. That thought did cross our minds. Way to not quit Rabbits. That #22 is a hoss! Y’all had me worried there for a bit in the 3rd. Honestly I’m not sure why y’alls coach didn’t run him more. But I’m glad he didn’t. Lol. Great season and good luck to y’all next year.

Great game Malakoff. Y'all have a great squad, to say the least.

As stated, Malakoff was very physical. Atlanta was NOT ready to handle the physicality of Malakoff, accompanied with the high 30s, wind, and rain. It was very lopsided to start. You could tell Atlanta did not want to even make contact at times. We had players that wouldn't even take their hands our of their warmers for entire drives. Before you knew it, Malakoff had built a 25 point lead.

2nd half Atlanta found success in their running game. The backs got free, and were able to get down the field in a hurry. That's been Atlanta's strength all season long, was their great running backs. I just don't understand why we got away from using them, even in the first half. Atlanta was having success running out of the power-I, then we went back to passing. I'm not sure what the passing stats were for Atlanta, but you could tell that we just could not throw in this weather.

Atlanta climbed within 15 points, with the football. Previous 2 drives Atlanta broke off a 50+ and a 40+ yard run, one resulting in a touchdown. Atlanta stops Malakoff, and gets the ball on their own 5 with 7+ minutes in the game, down 37-22. We manage to get the ball out to the 45 (with the aid of a penalty as well), and we abandon the running game entirely for a 5 wide set. I believe out of the 8 times I saw us line up 5 wide, we went 0-6, 1 sack, 1 rush for 4 yards. Those aren't official stats though.

I just kind of wish we had stuck with what was working, and kept wearing on Malakoff's defense. As good as they are, I feel like your only shot is to keep pounding it and wear them down, especially with the success we were having late in the game.

Great season Rabbs! I'm going to miss so many of these kids I've followed through their high school years! I'm really going to miss watching #22 and #4. At least I'll get to see #22 at Rice.

Again, great game Malakoff! It's only ironic that your best back comes back just in time to place us! I believe he was definitely the difference maker. We had issues with him all day. Good luck to you guys!

14 minutes ago, NavyDad0526 said:

Lol. That thought did cross our minds. Way to not quit Rabbits. That #22 is a hoss! Y’all had me worried there for a bit in the 3rd. Honestly I’m not sure why y’alls coach didn’t run him more. But I’m glad he didn’t. Lol. Great season and good luck to y’all next year.

Yeah #22 is a good. Also wish we had featured #5 little more. And all I got to say about yall’s #11 is Carr = Train

19 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Great game Malakoff. Y'all have a great squad, to say the least.

As stated, Malakoff was very physical. Atlanta was NOT ready to handle the physicality of Malakoff, accompanied with the high 30s, wind, and rain. It was very lopsided to start. You could tell Atlanta did not want to even make contact at times. We had players that wouldn't even take their hands our of their warmers for entire drives. Before you knew it, Malakoff had built a 25 point lead.

2nd half Atlanta found success in their running game. The backs got free, and were able to get down the field in a hurry. That's been Atlanta's strength all season long, was their great running backs. I just don't understand why we got away from using them, even in the first half. Atlanta was having success running out of the power-I, then we went back to passing. I'm not sure what the passing stats were for Atlanta, but you could tell that we just could not throw in this weather.

Atlanta climbed within 15 points, with the football. Previous 2 drives Atlanta broke off a 50+ and a 40+ yard run, one resulting in a touchdown. Atlanta stops Malakoff, and gets the ball on their own 5 with 7+ minutes in the game, down 37-22. We manage to get the ball out to the 45 (with the aid of a penalty as well), and we abandon the running game entirely for a 5 wide set. I believe out of the 8 times I saw us line up 5 wide, we went 0-6, 1 sack, 1 rush for 4 yards. Those aren't official stats though.

I just kind of wish we had stuck with what was working, and kept wearing on Malakoff's defense. As good as they are, I feel like your only shot is to keep pounding it and wear them down, especially with the success we were having late in the game.

Great season Rabbs! I'm going to miss so many of these kids I've followed through their high school years! I'm really going to miss watching #22 and #4. At least I'll get to see #22 at Rice.

Again, great game Malakoff! It's only ironic that your best back comes back just in time to place us! I believe he was definitely the difference maker. We had issues with him all day. Good luck to you guys!

I think you hit some key points 

How you broke the runs was a tackle over set 

Rabb fans should be proud down 37-6 your guys did not lay over.

As you stated Carr is a game changer 6-2 220 and 4.6 speed 

We are blessed with three good Jr Backs  

Now short week to get ready for a very physical football team.

Guest Tiger03lb

Carr had 10 carries for 180 yards with 2 tds

Note: 166 yds was in the first half. Carr was taken out mid 3rd qtr and didn't play the 4th. 

Rose had 23 carries for 124 yds with 2 tds

Pearce had 11 carries for 102 yards with 1 td

Great season for the Rabbs. Congrats to Malakoff on the win. IMO, that blocked punt and the interception that set up extremely short fields and quick TDs for Malakoff is what ultimately decided the game and took away any wind in our sails the rest of the first half.

No offense, but I'll be cheering on Brock this next week.

• Stinks 2