Highland Park (13-0) vs. John Tyler (10-2), Class 5A (D-I) Quarterfinals

cujoforlife

Quarterfinals   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

This poll is closed to new votes

26 minutes ago, Timboslice79 said:

Teams will make mistakes in games but to dismiss the obvious and bias penalty calls that cost a team the game is nonsense. The way the H/P offense line was holding made all the difference in the game. So if I fumble 3 times but still score enough to win it’s ok for the refs to decide the game and blame it on my mistakes?

I am not dismissing the refs....I wasn't at the game but definitely heard some calls went against JT...but I was always taught unless your house is totally in order its best not to blame others....maybe the refs made some bad calls....happens all the time..we have a shortage of officials and the quality of officiating is deteriorating at a rapid rate..it won't get better anytime soon

8 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I am not dismissing the refs....I wasn't at the game but definitely heard some calls went against JT...but I was always taught unless your house is totally in order its best not to blame others....maybe the refs made some bad calls....happens all the time..we have a shortage of officials and the quality of officiating is deteriorating at a rapid rate..it won't get better anytime soon

You are correct.  However when this happens more than once it becomes a pattern.  Do you think it was shear luck that 7 of those penalties came at key moments in the 4th quarter?  Come on.  Im neutral on these teams, but bias, is bias.  No way that HP stays at 5a every year without turning people over to Jesuit.  Its well known.  They avoided 7-5a like the plague, and picked up that chump DISD district on purpose.  I watched the BS calls two years ago.  It is easy to alter a game very quickly with penalties at the right time. 

• Like 1

I'm not one to blame to refs for a loss or blame the coaches often, but the biased officiating was on full display here today. The refs interjected themselves into the game every single time John Tyler had a big play and it would put them in a second or third in long and that's why the interceptions happened. Those calls changed the flow of the John Tyler offense and made it obvious passing down. If you weren't there you had no clue to how biased the refs were. I have no problem admitting when a beats my team, but you're talking nonsense if you don't think the refs played a major role in the outcome of this game. I'll give credit to the Scots for making the plays that they made, but they don't have a chance of winning this game without the help of the refs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stevenbugkiller said:

You are correct.  However when this happens more than once it becomes a pattern.  Do you think it was shear luck that 7 of those penalties came at key moments in the 4th quarter?  Come on.  Im neutral on these teams, but bias, is bias.  No way that HP stays at 5a every year without turning people over to Jesuit.  Its well known.  They avoided 7-5a like the plague, and picked up that chump DISD district on purpose.  I watched the BS calls two years ago.  It is easy to alter a game very quickly with penalties at the right time. 

That 4th down calls that they keep pushing us back when we where punting was real sketchy I just knew they was trying to give hp better field position  our kicker made two good kicks then when they backed them up inside our 20 it was game over hp throws a deep ball the. Runs it in

32 minutes ago, 1stSuperScot said:

I know SDC is all fun and games.... but what 𝘓𝘪𝘧𝘦 lesson are y’all teaching your student-athletes? If you don’t win, it’s always someone else’ fault? Seriously?

People are not dumb.  They know bull when they see it.  What are you teaching them in reverse?   Its win at all cost in life, with one set of rules for you and another set for others.

Well, coaches agree on crews. If they can’t agree, they go to UIL. So, I don’t know if JT and HP used a crew they both agreed on or not. If they did, what about that? 

I officiated college BBall for 10 years. Do we miss calls? Yes! Do we intentionally cheat? No. Bias is subjective. It’s a human thing. But the probability that HP scored 28 points based on bias refs is quite low. 

So if this discussion is how this crew intentionally cheated or showed bias to create 28 points for HP in the 4th. that’s just unrealistic. It’s an emotional shocking loss and I get that blame has to be placed “somewhere”. That’s how some people cope with things. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well, coaches agree on crews. If they can’t agree, they go to UIL. So, I don’t know if JT and HP used a crew they both agreed on or not. If they did, what about that? 

I officiated college BBall for 10 years. Do we miss calls? Yes! Do we intentionally cheat? No. Bias is subjective. It’s a human thing. But the probability that HP scored 28 points based on bias refs is quite low. 

So if this discussion is how this crew intentionally cheated or showed bias to create 28 points for HP in the 4th. that’s just unrealistic. It’s an emotional shocking loss and I get thatblame has to be placed “somewhere”

I have no emotion tied to this game.  I do not have a dog in this hunt.  I could care less.  I know what I witnessed.  It isnt about creating points. Its about a penalty at crucial moments to change momentum, field position, stalling a drive,ect.   It is flat out demoralizing to the team it is happening to.  It frustrates and interferes with the tempo and game plan. 

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

So if this discussion is how this crew intentionally cheated or showed bias to create 28 points for HP in the 4th. that’s just unrealistic. It’s an emotional shocking loss and I get that blame has to be placed “somewhere”. That’s how some people cope with things. 

Were you at the game? If so it's not so unrealistic. Don't get me wrong I'll give the HP kids credit for coming back because they aren't the ones throwing the flags. HP had the ball down by 21 to start the fourth and they scored on that drive. However the next couple JT drives were ended by very suspect penalties, even after watching video replay the calls were very tick tak or out right terrible. I can honestly say every big play JT had in the fourth quarter was called back because of a penalty. If you're in 2nd and long and 3rd and long all quarter, then you're more likely to turn the ball over and punt. Believe what you want to believe, but the refs had a major outcome on this game. Could JT have done more? of course. However that doesn't change the fact the refs where out right cheating.

1 hour ago, 3rdcoastent said:

That 4th down calls that they keep pushing us back when we where punting was real sketchy I just knew they was trying to give hp better field position  our kicker made two good kicks then when they backed them up inside our 20 it was game over hp throws a deep ball the. Runs it in

18 minutes ago, bingosmith said:

I guess Jerry had to go and get a loan since the game didn’t change until the 4th quarter. Or maybe had to go to his piggy bank to get enough together just in time. 😂😂

Don’t y’all listen to Dave Ramsey? Multi-Billionaires don’t borrow money!

Even your own fan base couldn’t belive the calls and said we should of won this game mr super scout  and they where  not happy with how it ended even tho y’all won but hey guess u can’t call ur own scout fan base crazy even ur own people knew it was bs this was after game running into the hp fans talking to us so hmmmmm

3 minutes ago, 1stSuperScot said:

😭

I’m not a fan of either team. We just like football. I’m a Waskom fan. Just #### seeing the more deserving team get ripped by little entitled brats and their daddy’s money. Everyone knows hp carries  the check books with them when they are out classed on the field.

9 minutes ago, Timboslice79 said:

I’m not a fan of either team. We just like football. I’m a Waskom fan. Just #### seeing the more deserving team get ripped by little entitled brats and their daddy’s money. Everyone knows hp carries  the check books with them when they are out classed on the field.

Do you know what kind of person has an attitude like yours? Non-winners!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dtsmith112 said:

I'm not one to blame to refs for a loss or blame the coaches often, but the biased officiating was on full display here today. The refs interjected themselves into the game every single time John Tyler had a big play and it would put them in a second or third in long and that's why the interceptions happened. Those calls changed the flow of the John Tyler offense and made it obvious passing down. If you weren't there you had no clue to how biased the refs were. I have no problem admitting when a beats my team, but you're talking nonsense if you don't think the refs played a major role in the outcome of this game. I'll give credit to the Scots for making the plays that they made, but they don't have a chance of winning this game without the help of the refs.

Two years in a row ... smh

• Mr. P changed the title to Highland Park (13-0) vs. John Tyler (10-2), Class 5A (D-I) Quarterfinals