Highland Park (13-0) vs. John Tyler (10-2), Class 5A (D-I) Quarterfinals

cujoforlife

Quarterfinals   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

This poll is closed to new votes

Refs or not, JT choked. If you’re up by 21 with a chance to go to the semis with a win, and it’s just basically one quarter remaining......you choked. Period. We choked this season and in 2014 when we had that 28 point lead against LV. JT probably would’ve gone to state with a win yesterday. You choked. Manvel choked last season against them too. 

31 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Refs or not, JT choked. If you’re up by 21 with a chance to go to the semis with a win, and it’s just basically one quarter remaining......you choked. Period. We choked this season and in 2014 when we had that 28 point lead against LV. JT probably would’ve gone to state with a win yesterday. You choked. Manvel choked last season against them too. 

I didn't see the JT game, but Manvel got hosed on multiple bad calls .... no question about it ....

2 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Bingo bango bongo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pack007 said:

This is the hard truth. JT packed it in after the 3rd quarter and did not play four quarters of football. Anyone who knows HP football knows this is what they do. They execute in the fourth quarter and make you pay for every mistake. No ref told JT to shut it down in the 3rd quarter. JT has to own that one.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Grainraiser said:

This is the hard truth. JT packed it in after the 3rd quarter and did not play four quarters of football. Anyone who knows HP football knows this is what they do. They execute in the fourth quarter and make you pay for every mistake. No ref told JT to shut it down in the 3rd quarter. JT has to own that one.

And maybe the refs did call some things on the offense that hindered them from Scoring again (It’s funny they decided to choose that one quarter to do it.....but let’s believe that for a second), This loss would still be on JT imo. I understand It’s easy to blame the refs for everything, but the JT defense didn’t stop Hp at all in the fourth quarter. It was 35-14 with 11 minutes to go in the 4th Q. From my understanding also, the Qb threw an int when HP was making that comeback. That’s on JT. Not the refs. If you give up 28 points in one quarter with a chance to go (basically) to state, you choked. That’s not on the refs, that’s on you. Not trying to be the bad guy. Just being honest. It hurts. I know....believe me i know. But this loss is on the Cujo, not the refs. 

16 hours ago, dtsmith112 said:

I'm not one to blame to refs for a loss or blame the coaches often, but the biased officiating was on full display here today. The refs interjected themselves into the game every single time John Tyler had a big play and it would put them in a second or third in long and that's why the interceptions happened. Those calls changed the flow of the John Tyler offense and made it obvious passing down. If you weren't there you had no clue to how biased the refs were. I have no problem admitting when a beats my team, but you're talking nonsense if you don't think the refs played a major role in the outcome of this game. I'll give credit to the Scots for making the plays that they made, but they don't have a chance of winning this game without the help of the refs.

They don’t have a chance at winning this game if JT defense stops them too. I can’t believe y’all are putting this one on the refs and not putting any blame on the team/staff. If this was a 7 point game going into the fourth, maybe even a ten point game and it was that obvious, I would probably understand. I’ve seen some horrible officiating change a game. In 02 against Carroll, that was some bad officiating that at least helped change that game. However, the JT defense gave up 28 points in less than 11 minutes. That’s on the Cujo. 

Yes we lost the lead and all but what me and a lot of our fans are saying if these calls where real one sided the refs where always in hps huddle patting them on the back talking to them talk to the hp coach never jt tho  what possibly do the refs have to say to the hp kids in there huddle so much ?

3 hours ago, Pack007 said:

They don’t have a chance at winning this game if JT defense stops them too. I can’t believe y’all are putting this one on the refs and not putting any blame on the team/staff. If this was a 7 point game going into the fourth, maybe even a ten point game and it was that obvious, I would probably understand. I’ve seen some horrible officiating change a game. In 02 against Carroll, that was some bad officiating that at least helped change that game. However, the JT defense gave up 28 points in less than 11 minutes. That’s on the Cujo. 

Preach....

Just play 4 full quarters and move on to the next round. 

1 hour ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Yes play 4 quarters but explain this please  tell me what u see then I’ll tell you what the refs called on this play

hmm. i see a hold for sure, but not on #56. the right guard holds. And maybe #56 did hold if you saw it from a different angle. Also would have no problem with a no-call, always in favor of "when in doubt, don't throw a flag"

10 hours ago, Pack007 said:

I bet you and Lobo07 were ecstatic yesterday after JT loss.  LOL.  

1 hour ago, texan1010 said:

hmm. i see a hold for sure, but not on #56. the right guard holds. And maybe #56 did hold if you saw it from a different angle. Also would have no problem with a no-call, always in favor of "when in doubt, don't throw a flag"

well they say 56 was holding but i dont see a hold i see him letting him go and the guy jut falling himself

• Mr. P changed the title to Highland Park (13-0) vs. John Tyler (10-2), Class 5A (D-I) Quarterfinals