Highland Park (13-0) vs. John Tyler (10-2), Class 5A (D-I) Quarterfinals

cujoforlife

Quarterfinals   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

This poll is closed to new votes

12 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I bet you and Lobo07 were ecstatic yesterday after JT loss.  LOL.  

Could not have cared less tbh. 

Was too focused on my own team. 

That said, it sounds like the game and realistically a state title was right there for Cujo and y’all blew it. I’m sure the refs made some bad calls but end of the day, they didn’t make 28 points worth it bad calls.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

hmmmm...if you say so....lol

You can believe what you want. If i wasn’t pulling for ya i would definitely say so. Majority of the time I couldn’t care less about JT. And we both know that. After we lost though, i was actually hoping a big school from the pines would win it all. It’s all on the lobos now since jt choked. 

2 minutes ago, UnclePigg said:

An obvious hold by 56 for JT

That’s what i saw........i just find it funny, the refs chose the 4th quarter when the team they were supposedly cheating for was down 3 scores to start throwing flags against JT or at least trying to change the game. I’m trying to figure out how they gave hp four scores in that final quarter. My Pack needed those refs in Waco. 

36 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

That’s what i saw........i just find it funny, the refs chose the 4th quarter when the team they were supposedly cheating for was down 3 scores to start throwing flags against JT or at least trying to change the game. I’m trying to figure out how they gave hp four scores in that final quarter. My Pack needed those refs in Waco. 

It’s funny every one is saying the refs didn’t give hp 21 pets in penalties. Even if the refs made enough bad calls to cause 7 point swing that’s the difference in the game because hp won by 7. Those J.T. kids got hosed by the refs. I’m not a J.T. fan but those refs did was blatant and ridiculous.

18 minutes ago, Timboslice79 said:

It’s funny every one is saying the refs didn’t give hp 21 pets in penalties. Even if the refs made enough bad calls to cause 7 point swing that’s the difference in the game because hp won by 7. Those J.T. kids got hosed by the refs. I’m not a J.T. fan but those refs did was blatant and ridiculous.

So....you don’t blame the Cujo defense at all? Again, i would understand better if JT wasn’t up 21 points with eleven minutes to go. The refs didn’t give hp 28 points in one quarter. The JT defense did. I watched part of that game. I guess the refs were holding the Cujo defenders when hp was making that comeback? Because the receiver was wide open on a few of those plays. The Qb had a lot of room to run with JT players right there to make a play. They just didn’t. That’s where the blame should go. If you want to blame the refs for a few bad calls late in that game....do it. But they aren’t the reason JT loss. JT choked. If you’re up 21 in the 4th Quarter with a chance to go to state, you finish it off. The refs didn’t give up 28 points. The refs didn’t throw interceptions. That’s something y’all are missing for some reason. 

31 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

So....you don’t blame the Cujo defense at all? Again, i would understand better if JT wasn’t up 21 points with eleven minutes to go. The refs didn’t give hp 28 points in one quarter. The JT defense did. I watched part of that game. I guess the refs were holding the Cujo defenders when hp was making that comeback? Because the receiver was wide open on a few of those plays. The Qb had a lot of room to run with JT players right there to make a play. They just didn’t. That’s where the blame should go. If you want to blame the refs for a few bad calls late in that game....do it. But they aren’t the reason JT loss. JT choked. If you’re up 21 in the 4th Quarter with a chance to go to state, you finish it off. The refs didn’t give up 28 points. The refs didn’t throw interceptions. That’s something y’all are missing for some reason. 

They just refuse to accept the fact that HP got hot in the 4th quarter and were pretty much unstoppable. 

16 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

uh, good clip...nothing to see there and it sends you to youtube which has some junk (looks more like drawing you into some virus) 

You must be new to the internet and to this forum I do a podcast after all the jt games that my channel 

16 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Yea I don’t know what I’m talking about my scot but what time is the meetings this week?  It a lot of you on here have no football knowledge and scot ur one of them  but anyway don’t choke this week

Allow me to give you an example, homer. After the JT kid cut blocked the rusher on the punt - super obvious foul - the ref went to the Scots bench - not to decide what penalty to call - but to give the coach a choice of a) 15 yards from where the punt was downed or b) half the distance to the goal and re-kick. Duh!

Rather than spouting conspiracy theories and calling for investigations, I suggest you ask your own coach why he shut it down in the second half and why your kids were so out of gas in the fourth quarter.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Could not have cared less tbh. 

Was too focused on my own team. 

That said, it sounds like the game and realistically a state title was right there for Cujo and y’all blew it. I’m sure the refs made some bad calls but end of the day, they didn’t make 28 points worth it bad calls.

You could care less....Ok, if you say so....lol

Its funny how some of you guys hardly comment when JT wins, but as soon as they lose, you can't wait to throw salt in the wound.  Never hardly see JT fans doing it to other schools when they lose.  Good luck this week, unlike you guys, I am pulling for Longview to win state...even though I know that when you guys do, high school forums across Texas will never hear the end of it. 

by the way, you are correct, its on JT not to give up that many 4th qtr points, BUT...I think there were some questionable calls too....especially on the last JT punt.

3 hours ago, Pack007 said:

You can believe what you want. If i wasn’t pulling for ya i would definitely say so. Majority of the time I couldn’t care less about JT. And we both know that. After we lost though, i was actually hoping a big school from the pines would win it all. It’s all on the lobos now since jt choked. 

yea, and we know the big school you was rooting for is 30 miles east of Tyler....lol.   We know how much you love them..despite how they treated you after the 1st game this season.  

11 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Good luck this week, unlike you guys, I am pulling for Longview to win state...even though I know that when you guys do, high school forums across Texas will never hear the end of it. 

I appreciate it. For what it's worth, I was rooting for JT and posted early on in this thread cheering you guys on. 

And yes. IF we somehow pull it out this year (have a tough Tascosa team and two very good teams on the other side standing in our way), I PROMISE you I'm getting banned from every forum that I'm a member of, including this one.... 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 2

4 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

yea, and we know the big school you was rooting for is 30 miles east of Tyler....lol.   We know how much you love them..despite how they treated you after the 1st game this season.  

Lord, you’re definitely in your feelings since i told you i didn’t really care for JT months ago. But again, i was rooting for you against HP and LS. It’s more respect than anything for Longview. Me and the lobos (especially 07) always go back and forth when we play. That has never changed lol. But we have respect for each other after the game. Lobo84 has never treated me in a negative way. Same with JB and a few others. They’ve said good luck to us in the playoffs. So....no reason not to root for them if we’re not playing. Again, get out of your feelings. I’m not the reason y’all choked on Saturday. I didn’t come in here jumping on jt because they lost. Just thought it was crazy to put all the blame on refs when your defense was the one that gave up 28 points in less than 11 minutes. That’s it. I thought you were better than that. 

It was quiet as a mouse when we where up 34-14 scot and everybody else where nowhere to be found  but they love to hate jt it just like Dallas cowboys people only waiting to see when they lose   It still kids that play for the team yet people love to come talk down on jt every chance they get

18 hours ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Yes play 4 quarters but explain this please  tell me what u see then I’ll tell you what the refs called on this play

#56 sure pulled both hands up quick like most players would do when expecting to get called for holding...maybe he shouldn't have done that, I am sure that caught the refs attention if the flag wasn't already out, it was a definite hold, bad thing is that defender wasn't going to make a play on the ball carrier...he was already in 4th gear.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

It was quiet as a mouse when we where up 34-14 scot and everybody else where nowhere to be found  but they love to hate jt it just like Dallas cowboys people only waiting to see when they lose   It still kids that play for the team yet people love to come talk down on jt every chance they get

Victim card duly noted...

....but if you are gonna blog about how great your team is and how storied your history is....well...what was that phrase YOU used “let the trash talk begin”.
Especially so when you whine like a second grade girl - no offense to second grade girls - about refs and payoffs and the like.

6 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

#56 sure pulled both hands up quick like most players would do when expecting to get called for holding...maybe he shouldn't have done that, I am sure that caught the refs attention if the flag wasn't already out, it was a definite hold, bad thing is that defender wasn't going to make a play on the ball carrier...he was already in 4th gear.

I see what u saying but my thing is the hp guy was going down on his own his momentum carried him down 55 let him go after he was going to woods if he would of held him he would of held on to him n I would say holding that. There is not holding 

4 minutes ago, 1stSuperScot said:

Victim card duly noted...

....but if you are gonna blog about how great your team is and how storied your history is....well...what was that phrase YOU used “let the trash talk begin”.

You just new here this really goes for the other guys who been here for years I know u have no  beef in any of that  actually go and find the jt vs Mansfield legacy post n u see what I mean 

• Mr. P changed the title to Highland Park (13-0) vs. John Tyler (10-2), Class 5A (D-I) Quarterfinals