Highland Park (13-0) vs. John Tyler (10-2), Class 5A (D-I) Quarterfinals

cujoforlife

Quarterfinals   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

I see what u saying but my thing is the hp guy was going down on his own his momentum carried him down 55 let him go after he was going to woods if he would of held him he would of held on to him n I would say holding that. There is not holding 

To be fair, from the angle that you have here on film, THAT call is questionable....but it was not THE difference maker.

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I appreciate it. For what it's worth, I was rooting for JT and posted early on in this thread cheering you guys on. 

And yes. IF we somehow pull it out this year (have a tough Tascosa team and two very good teams on the other side standing in our way), I PROMISE you I'm getting banned from every forum that I'm a member of, including this one.... 

I know you were Johnny.  I think you guys will beat them by a few scores.  I'm not convinced that any team that loses to a Valley school is beating Longview in football this yr.  I may be wrong, and no disrespect to the Valley, but I need to see it to believe it. 

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

Lord, you’re definitely in your feelings since i told you i didn’t really care for JT months ago. But again, i was rooting for you against HP and LS. It’s more respect than anything for Longview. Me and the lobos (especially 07) always go back and forth when we play. That has never changed lol. But we have respect for each other after the game. Lobo84 has never treated me in a negative way. Same with JB and a few others. They’ve said good luck to us in the playoffs. So....no reason not to root for them if we’re not playing. Again, get out of your feelings. I’m not the reason y’all choked on Saturday. I didn’t come in here jumping on jt because they lost. Just thought it was crazy to put all the blame on refs when your defense was the one that gave up 28 points in less than 11 minutes. That’s it. I thought you were better than that. 

you guys have choked before in the past, and you didn't see JT fans throwing salt in the wound.  Its all good.  You have more respect for them then they have for you and you just don't see it. They don't give 2 cents about LP, but you are quick to cheer them on.   But its cool man.  You and I are still cool.  And yes...I'm still mad about game...lol

5 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Could not have cared less tbh. 

Was too focused on my own team. 

That said, it sounds like the game and realistically a state title was right there for Cujo and y’all blew it. I’m sure the refs made some bad calls but end of the day, they didn’t make 28 points worth it bad calls.

True 

4 hours ago, Pack007 said:

So....you don’t blame the Cujo defense at all? Again, i would understand better if JT wasn’t up 21 points with eleven minutes to go. The refs didn’t give hp 28 points in one quarter. The JT defense did. I watched part of that game. I guess the refs were holding the Cujo defenders when hp was making that comeback? Because the receiver was wide open on a few of those plays. The Qb had a lot of room to run with JT players right there to make a play. They just didn’t. That’s where the blame should go. If you want to blame the refs for a few bad calls late in that game....do it. But they aren’t the reason JT loss. JT choked. If you’re up 21 in the 4th Quarter with a chance to go to state, you finish it off. The refs didn’t give up 28 points. The refs didn’t throw interceptions. That’s something y’all are missing for some reason. 

True, the defense was gassed in the 4thQ, maybe should of mixed in some blitz .

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

you guys have choked before in the past, and you didn't see JT fans throwing salt in the wound.  Its all good.  You have more respect for them then they have for you and you just don't see it. They don't give 2 cents about LP, but you are quick to cheer them on.   But its cool man.  You and I are still cool.  And yes...I'm still mad about game...lol

And I’ve said we’ve choked. Several times. The kings of it. But I’m not throwing salt on anything. Someone blamed the officials for jt losing and i just made a few posts saying i basically didn’t agree with that. Gave my reasons for that too. I thought that’s what this forum was for? How is that throwing salt on anything?? It’s not like i came on here jumping on y’all or laughing about the loss. I dislike hp and was mad y’all lost. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Yes play 4 quarters but explain this please  tell me what u see then I’ll tell you what the refs called on this play

Speaking from my experience of officiating “ past tense “, this is a wide open look. You have three officials that could have made this call. In order of mechanics, 1,the referee, it wasn’t enough for him, 2, the umpire, it wasn’t enough for him 3, the headlines man, now he’s looking at the same view we’re looking at here, it’s not enough there. Now on a 7man crew you have two field judges  pretty much 40 yards downfield Outabounds on both sides.  Woods “QB” gets 40yds down field in his area “FJ” on HP side he throws a flag 40yds back up field. That doesn’t look good.

I chimed in already with no dog in the hunt. I agree with Pack007.... I understand bad calls, but 28 points in 4th?  All hypothetical,  no I wasn’t there, I did not see the game.., just saying 28 points?? 

Marshall coach did the same thing when they lost. He said 18 penalties on his team cost them the game, we had to play the referees, blah blah.... when Huntsville had 13 penalties. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I know you were Johnny.  I think you guys will beat them by a few scores.  I'm not convinced that any team that loses to a Valley school is beating Longview in football this yr.  I may be wrong, and no disrespect to the Valley, but I need to see it to believe it. 

IF...Lobos somehow get that munkey off their back...you won't hear me scream and turn flips on here or any other board. I'm only acting a fool if they do it back to back like Allens Tatums Carthages Daingerfields of the world. 

• LOL! 1

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:10 PM, 3rdcoastent said:

Yes play 4 quarters but explain this please  tell me what u see then I’ll tell you what the refs called on this play

If that's holding, then the refs could have called holding on 90% of HP's offensive plays .... 

23 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

And yes. IF we somehow pull it out this year (have a tough Tascosa team and two very good teams on the other side standing in our way), I PROMISE you I'm getting banned from every forum that I'm a member of, including this one.... 

Me too, and it's well deserved.

After hearing all the nauseating things casual East Texas fans have said about Longview's program over the years...the 1937 jokes...the whole "John King will never win a ship"...trying to degrade our program...yadda, yadda, yadda...we definitely deserve to throw it in folks faces if we win it. And folks cant say anything because they brought it on themselves. Can't tell us to be humble after years and years of being picked on. lol Not gonna forget the internal haters in our on fan base either.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, gtee2 said:

IF...Lobos somehow get that munkey off their back...you won't hear me scream and turn flips on here or any other board. I'm only acting a fool if they do it back to back like Allens Tatums Carthages Daingerfields of the world. 

Gtee, if yall do win, I don't blame you for acting a fool and getting banned. Its been a long time for you guys.   Part of the reason many people have criticized Lobo fans is that some Lobo fans act like yall are Allen, Katy, Carthage, and Daingerfield right now even without the championships. So just imagine how it will be when LV actually win one....lol  

But regardless, I will be happy for LV and I am pulling for yall, have been pulling for LV to win for a long time except against JT.  We need a big school East TX team to bring it back to the region. Yall have the players to do it this yr and next yr...and maybe the yr after that. 

• LOL! 1

On 12/10/2018 at 7:18 PM, Matt said:

I chimed in already with no dog in the hunt. I agree with Pack007.... I understand bad calls, but 28 points in 4th?  All hypothetical,  no I wasn’t there, I did not see the game.., just saying 28 points?? 

Marshall coach did the same thing when they lost. He said 18 penalties on his team cost them the game, we had to play the referees, blah blah.... when Huntsville had 13 penalties. 

There were a few other questionable calls, like a play in which JT stopped Highland park on 4th down, and HP was given a 1st down when they were clearly a yard short. And they scored the next play, but again, I think it was a little bit of both. questionable calls, and bad 4th qtr def by JT 

• Like 1

Talk about a hard pill to swallow.......tsk tsk tsk for JT.  They should have known better playing a team with HP's history.......but it seems like they just couldn't find that team concept when they really needed it down the stretch.    It's always easier as a fan than it is out there on the field in the heat of battle.......things just happen.  Good season anyway......just a shame it didn't fall their way in this ballgame.  The talent was definitely there, but so were the mistakes.

12 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Gtee, if yall do win, I don't blame you for acting a fool and getting banned. Its been a long time for you guys.   Part of the reason many people have criticized Lobo fans is that some Lobo fans act like yall are Allen, Katy, Carthage, and Daingerfield right now even without the championships. So just imagine how it will be when LV actually win one....lol  

But regardless, I will be happy for LV and I am pulling for yall, have been pulling for LV to win for a long time except against JT.  We need a big school East TX team to bring it back to the region. Yall have the players to do it this yr and next yr...and maybe the yr after that. 

Nope.... I'ma get me a T-shirt...and one of them wolf ball caps I ain't seen in awhile....and keep going to work everyday😆

• LOL! 1

• Mr. P changed the title to Highland Park (13-0) vs. John Tyler (10-2), Class 5A (D-I) Quarterfinals