Longview (13-0) vs. Spring-Westfield (12-1) Class 6A (D-II) Quarterfinals

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (13-0) vs Spring Westfield (12-1)  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Spring Westfield in a close one
    • Spring Westfield in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

I'll take any win in the playoffs. By any point amount. 

But to be in "one of those games" where the weather neutralizes the biggest home run threat, against a very stout defense, and to turn the ball over that many times... A two-TD win is great. And a shutout by the defense who had their backs to the wall all day. Unbelievable effort by those guys. 

Awesome win. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Ahahaha where did that Refugio guy go?!

He was happy to talk noise and then disappeared. I guess he learnt today. 

I guess those Central Texas boys are really sensitive. 

• LOL! 1

Just now, in10sz said:

1997.... same type game   Lobos beat Killeen Ellison 14-0 @ Pennington Field..similar weather on their way to a showdown with Katy.  

That was awesome. We hit their QB hard several times too that game to get some turnovers. We ended that game kneeling on their 1, I believe. Or maybe they were trying to score. I can't remember but I know one team was deep in the others territory when the game ended.

1 hour ago, WolverBean said:

Ugly win but championship teams find a way to win how about em Bos!!  Wf legit defense for sure 

I thought this was one of our prettiest wins of the season.

We finally faced adversity. We were pretty lucky to head into the half tied at 0. More so that one of those two field goals didn’t go through for the Mustangs. But all season long we’ve relied on our offense to win games and all season long people have doubted our defense.

Our defense won this game for us. Four drops for zero points inside our own 30? Man alive. Even bad teams connect every once and a while. And Westfield certainly isn’t a bad team. 

Offense got a test like they hadn’t has all season long. And probably won’t get the rest of the year. Not only did they change the way they had played most of the year, but they still made mistakes in the second half and still somehow overcame them.

This is a special, special win. I thought the WF defense was good but didn’t think they are THAT good. I was very impressed with them. But end of the day, Jessie got the yards we needed. King still had some extremely key passes in the win. And we’re moving on.

We needed a game and win like this, and we got it. Just couldn’t be happier for this team. Onto Arlington and to facing Tascosa.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I thought this was one of our prettiest wins of the season.

We finally faced adversity. We were pretty lucky to head into the half tied at 0. More so that one of those two field goals didn’t go through for the Mustangs. But all season long we’ve relied on our offense to win games and all season long people have doubted our defense.

Our defense won this game for us. Four drops for zero points inside our own 30? Man alive. Even bad teams connect every once and a while. And Westfield certainly isn’t a bad team. 

Offense got a test like they hadn’t has all season long. And probably won’t get the rest of the year. Not only did they change the way they had played most of the year, but they still made mistakes in the second half and still somehow overcame them.

This is a special, special win. I thought the WF defense was good but didn’t think they are THAT good. I was very impressed with them. But end of the day, Jessie got the yards we needed. King still had some extremely key passes in the win. And we’re moving on.

We needed a game and win like this, and we got it. Just couldn’t be happier for this team. Onto Arlington and to facing Tascosa.

I agree. Told my best friend (another former player and long time fan) that in my eyes, beating a team like Westfield, in these conditions, with the way we played, 14-0 is a blowout in my eyes. Or at the very least a very solid win. 

You remember that Dekaney game. Same thing, except this time our team held when it mattered and made the big plays when it mattered. 

THe offense has been the talk... And they did have a solid day minus a few turnovers, given the defense we were playing and the limiting weather conditions. But the DEFENSE is who came up big. Had their backs to the wall all day and stonewalled Westfield when it mattered. This was just "one of those games" where things go wrong, the weather is nasty, etc. But the team pulled it out with a very solid 14-0 win. Shutouts don't come easy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Nothing like we've seen the last 2 weeks but their Offense is gimmicky by today's standards and very efficient.

Go watch film of Army vs Navy to get an idea of what we will see....not typical for what is run locally but allows them to take advantage of their talent and others commitment or non-commitment to the run.   

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

So true Johnny. This type of game that in the past would’ve wrecked us. Completely foil any hopes of a state title. But they overcame this year. Just such a huge win. 

That's what championship teams do find way to win the ugly ones