Longview (13-0) vs. Spring-Westfield (12-1) Class 6A (D-II) Quarterfinals

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (13-0) vs Spring Westfield (12-1)  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Spring Westfield in a close one
    • Spring Westfield in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

17 minutes ago, ChinaSpring1 said:

Advice from a local Wacoan. Get to the stadium very early. They charge $5 to park and it takes forever to get into the parking lots because of making change and all. Many people end up missing the 1st quater because of this parking nonsense. 

Good to know, thanks

On 11/27/2018 at 8:20 AM, AKA said:

Respect...  but these kids don't quit either. That's one of the main things that has close Lobo watchers excited...  in past seasons there have been rare instances where the air seems to just go out, and the team inexplicably lets defeat overwhelm them

But this year's team is different. The fans who've been watching this bunch since Pop Warner know they're different. We'll make mistakes, shoot ourselves in the foot, and allow momentum to slip away suddenly. Longview will get behind in points, but they just kinda shrug like it ain't no thang and get back to work. I've seen it up close. I've seen the personnel dynamic this season, and how it contrasts to previous teams. They believe in themselves and each other. They know how good they are. These kids know what it takes to win. When they're playing play their game, ain't a team in Texas can f### with them.  

Lifting this from the previous game thread because I want to reiterate it here...  

I haven't watched any film on Westfield yet, but I just want to express how much I believe in these kids. It's like @LoboFan07 keeps saying: this team is special.

True story: I was so relaxed watching the game Saturday, even when the score was close! This team does such a great job of keeping composure. The moment after Vandy scored to make it 35-28 us, I turned to my wife and said, "Pshh! We got this!" I said there was no way they (Vandy) can do this all night. "We're about to blow them off the field!" And sure enough we did. I'm not bragging on me, I'm bragging on them. This team is the real thing. 

I know it's gonna give @Quick some heartburn, but dammit the only thing stopping this team is this team.

Kamden Perry. Haynes King. Jessie Anderson. Keilyn William. Kaden Meredith. Jephaniah Lister. Ja'Vontae Writt. Jake Johnson. Micheal Martin. Tainique Taylor. Rob Pierce. Jordan Wallace. Jaylon Allen. Sawyer Goram Welch.

You might be able to stop one or two of 'em but you damn sure can't stop all of them. When this team is playing their game, they're the best high school team in the state. Period. 

There's no doubt that Westfield is legit. They wouldn't be here if they weren't. 

But if Longview continues to play at the level they've been playing for these last few months, Westfield won't be able to stay with them. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, lobo79 said:

Will we be home or visitor??

this stadium seats less than Frisco

Waco ISD seats 11,500; Ford Center seats 12,000

Ford Center is 6,000 exactly on each side

Waco ISD is 6,500 on home side, 5000 on visitor side...

Westfield MAY bring 1,000 folks....the venue for this game is fine...it'll be a fun atmosphere especially if there's 7-8k Longview folks in the place....

• Mr. P changed the title to Longview (13-0) vs. Spring-Westfield (12-1) Class 6A (D-II) Quarterfinals
4 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Waco ISD seats 11,500; Ford Center seats 12,000

Ford Center is 6,000 exactly on each side

Waco ISD is 6,500 on home side, 5000 on visitor side...

Westfield MAY bring 1,000 folks....the venue for this game is fine...it'll be a fun atmosphere especially if there's 7-8k Longview folks in the place....

I fully believe we’ll have some Lobos on the WF side tbh. We usually have good playoff crowds but this season it feels like it has been stepped up a notch. 

As you said Westfield won’t bring many. So there will be a ton of room on the visiting side.

20 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I fully believe we’ll have some Lobos on the WF side tbh. We usually have good playoff crowds but this season it feels like it has been stepped up a notch. 

As you said Westfield won’t bring many. So there will be a ton of room on the visiting side.

Maybe they should put our band over there so they can play to us? 😂:woot:😂

• LOL! 1

On 12/2/2018 at 1:46 PM, LoboFan07 said:

I know for a fact that King was not happy about Waco ISD. But don't know anything other than that.

Either way, I fully expect Longview's side will sell out this week. Wouldn't be shocked to see some Lobos head over to the Stang side as well, cause as you said, they do not travel well at all.

How many fans has Longview been pulling for the playoffs?

13 minutes ago, Anxiety said:

Ford Center seats 6000 on each side. It was standing room only on the Longview side. I wasn't at the game this weekend but I watched it online and it looked to be a big crowd. I would expect them to get larger as the team keeps winning. They are fun to watch if you haven't seen them this year. 

7 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Ford Center seats 6000 on each side. It was standing room only on the Longview side. I wasn't at the game this weekend but I watched it online and it looked to be a big crowd. I would expect them to get larger as the team keeps winning. They are fun to watch if you haven't seen them this year. 

Seen them once. You're right, they are very fun to watch! Have obligations to Pittsburg or I would be watching them all!

10 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

The closer we get to state and the less of other east Texas teams in it will come to Longview game 

56 minutes ago, Anxiety said:

Home game for first round 

Over 6,000 for second 

Would guess around the same for the third.

Would be shocked if we don’t have 7K on Saturday.

Closer we get, the more we’ll have obviously. But yea, we always have good playoff crowds as I said. But with the team and the potential in this team this year, it’s had a different feel most of the season. 

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

Home game for first round 

Over 6,000 for second 

Would guess around the same for the third.

Would be shocked if we don’t have 7K on Saturday.

Closer we get, the more we’ll have obviously. But yea, we always have good playoff crowds as I said. But with the team and the potential in this team this year, it’s had a different feel most of the season. 

Will be getting back late from the star Friday night, so probably won't make this one either.☹️

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Not looking ahead but does anyone have info on 
Tascosa and .Haltom I see they are 13-0 

Haltom is pretty solid this year. Beat Trinity on the way to that 13-0 record. Probably should’ve lost in the first round but had a huge comeback to win it.

Tascosa runs the wing T from the sounds of it. I haven’t seen anything on them. They have a couple losses and most of their wins in the post season have been upsets. But they’ve been fortunate to not have to travel outside of West Texas so far. They’re lucky to have gotten Haltom to travel all the way to freakin Lubbock.

I’m cheering for Haltom just so if we do win, we can play in the DFW or closer. And I do think Haltom is the better team. But Tascosa definitely is riding high right now. 

Longview is playing Like never before. The teams for sure are getting tougher but the Lobos May have their best team ever.  I think a better chance than average of making it to the big dance.  One thing for sure they get the media so you don’t have to be there to watch football every night.  It ‘s great

• Like 2