Longview (13-0) vs. Spring-Westfield (12-1) Class 6A (D-II) Quarterfinals

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (13-0) vs Spring Westfield (12-1)  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Spring Westfield in a close one
    • Spring Westfield in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I agree. Told my best friend (another former player and long time fan) that in my eyes, beating a team like Westfield, in these conditions, with the way we played, 14-0 is a blowout in my eyes.

I dunno about blowout persay, but I will tell you that I sat there in Waco ISD and never felt like we would lose the game.

Big shout out to our defense man. I tell people all the time, they are highly underrated and not given enough credit. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I dunno about blowout persay, but I will tell you that I sat there in Waco ISD and never felt like we would lose the game.

Big shout out to our defense man. I tell people all the time, they are highly underrated and not given enough credit. 

Same. Granted, I was annoyed with the weather, and the turnovers, but I wasn't anxious about the result. 

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

I felt the same way. I liked how king responded the 2nd half. He was clearly upset the first half with the 2 picks and the fumble. He played much better the 2nd half. 

• Like 1

"This isn't a football team that's built with a bunch of move-ins. This is a team that is Longview built. This is a community team and it started at an early age. That's what I'm so proud of. These kids have been through the program. This is Longview built and it's got a lot of pride to it."- Coach King

This has always been what I've loved about Longview. Unlike a few other programs in the area (and hey, more power to those programs), we usually have kids move out in order to be able to start somewhere else. Longview has been homegrown football at its finest. Great win against a quality defense today.

• Like 4