Harleton candidates

Destry

13 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

I didn't think he could win there.  Probably for the best.

Well, lot of factors.If you are old school, then u r old school, if u r a spread, then u r spread. Watch them one night, played hard but had issues with tackling the man with the ball.

2 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Ward was 5 points away from playing in 4 straight state championship games. 

Pretty sure he's not the problem. 

From what i saw, he did not have the calliber of athletes he had at Tenaha and i did not say he was the problem. Remember i said "lots of factors"

15 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Why would I want to hire a guy that doesn't want to be here?

Makes one wonder, with athletes every year, why would he not want to be there? He might could have been in state finals the 4 years he was at harleton.

2 minutes ago, ss9853 said:

Does Tenaha have a tough time keeping coaches? Didn’t Coach Horn want to leave bad too? Tenaha is always in the mix. A coaches dream when it comes to a constant flow of talent. 

Not to throw stones, but sometimes it has nothing to do with athletes. Has to do with who your boss or bosses are.  It is what it is.

58 minutes ago, ss9853 said:

Does Tenaha have a tough time keeping coaches? Didn’t Coach Horn want to leave bad too? Tenaha is always in the mix. A coaches dream when it comes to a constant flow of talent. 

Working with Tyner would get old.

51 minutes ago, ss9853 said:

Well that’s a shame. Harleton actually dropped in classification didn’t they? Still went 1-9. That’s got to be pretty demoralizing. 

Was not talking about him leaving harleton, meant him leaving tenaha

I heard they are building a golf course close to Harleton along with an Ag teaching stipend to the AD. With roadside assistance for flat tires. Guys there is only man that can handle all that 1 state championship as a player 1 state championship as a coach one hot dog eating championship at the Louisiana state fair. Daniel Swaim. 

1 hour ago, DOB said:

Life is too short to spend time where you don't want to be or at a place that doesn't want you to be there.

Micromanaging is a trait that is becoming way to common.

dog.jpg

Truer words have never been spoken. Seems as though it is getting worse every year.

One last comment. I have know Coach Ward and his family for quite a while.  He is a stand up guy and a good coach.  Sometimes things just don't work out for whatever reason.  It happens in every profession in every town regardless of the size. I wish him, his family and Harleton the best of luck.  By the way congrats to Tenaha on a big win and good luck the rest of the way.