Harleton candidates

Destry

16 hours ago, knothead58 said:

They better have more talent than they have had the last 2 years of they want to be more than baseball contenders... 

Agree, but some athletes can be more successful in other offenses than the spread and vice versa

17 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Then I wonder why they hired a spread coach last time.   

And just so you know,  when we played Harleton this year they were under center, not in the spread.  

Did not watch them, had no clue, only saw parts of couple of games.  My comment was generic for any team, not just your friend. Oh, and now I know the rest of the story. I feel all giddy now.

9 hours ago, orange4life said:

gonna compete in football in 2 to 3 years - will be dang good in baseball for 4 years - girls program always good - their in lies the carrot - gotta support the whole program if you want to  be ad

Gotta support the whole program but if you lose in football you're fired....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

I would respectfully submit that they hire in the direction of someone whom has proven their ability to take a team that is in a somewhat decline and turn it in the proper direction. Winning a title isn't expected but being competitive is... Tends to improve tenure.. Js 

I would think those guys would be in very high demand in many venues.

2 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

I would respectfully submit that they hire in the direction of someone whom has proven their ability to take a team that is in a somewhat decline and turn it in the proper direction. Winning a title isn't expected but being competitive is... Tends to improve tenure.. Js 

Cousin say definitely what they need, for all boys sports. Might eliminate a lot of assistants looking for that first hc job. Not many proven head coaches would want to fight that battle.

18 hours ago, orange4life said:

The mullet rules.

17 hours ago, Destry said:

I have no idea what you mean by that.

I think I may be qualified to answer this. Doomy is nothing if not a deep thinker, pondered on this'n for some moments, this is what has seeped up. Mullet is haircut that's business in the front party in the back. Maybe the school needs a coach n leader that's gonna do the work (business) and also, let them kids have the fun (party). Also mullet is fish that rises to top water a lot (playoffs n district champs). Just my opinion