The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Destry

Harleton candidates

12 minutes ago, justafan said:

I’ve heard keeling from Waskom is going to be offered the Center job!  He was in on the job last time it opened it up  

Keeling’s not going to Center. 

11 minutes ago, UnclePigg said:

I’ve heard that as well; good friend of mine coached there a few years back and said Tyner was known to be waiting on the team/coaches in the dressing room at halftime writing adjustments on the board he thought needed to be made

And some call him Coach 😂.  I wish he will do the adjustments for our game ;)

8 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

And some call him Coach 😂.  I wish he will do the adjustments for our game ;)

Be careful what you ask for. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, justafan said:

I’ve heard keeling from Waskom is going to be offered the Center job!  He was in on the job last time it opened it up  

No he wasn’t. 

On 12/2/2018 at 7:33 PM, trueblue82 said:

Ward leaving Tenaha was largely about family. He’s a good man. 

like Urban Meyer!!! oh wait, I do believe (1) Tenaha and Meyer are currently in negotiations...or was that (2) Tenaha and Zach Smith?

13 hours ago, justafan said:

You should probably move this to the rumors, gossip. and hear say thread. First off it has nothing to do with Harleton job and secondly Keeling wasn’t in on the Center job last time. 

19 hours ago, spanky said:

Posted on school website  but not posted on the THSCA job board. Usefully means they already have their guy

Not always, cousin said everything is quiet.

On 12/2/2018 at 7:29 PM, centex1 said:

I heard they are building a golf course close to Harleton along with an Ag teaching stipend to the AD. With roadside assistance for flat tires. Guys there is only man that can handle all that 1 state championship as a player 1 state championship as a coach one hot dog eating championship at the Louisiana state fair. Daniel Swaim. 

He is the man for the job.................however it may take a while to get that SC in golf.................

1 hour ago, RedRiver said:

hire Jerry Bennett

I like it!

26 minutes ago, Destry said:

Has he applied? 

I doubt it, he is retired

Still not posted on THSCA  job board.  Could be wrong but that usually means it's a done deal, just waiting on 10 day mandatory posting. 

On 12/10/2018 at 1:13 PM, spanky said:

Still not posted on THSCA  job board.  Could be wrong but that usually means it's a done deal, just waiting on 10 day mandatory posting. 

Posted today

9 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Posted today

How long will they keep it open? Had heard one time that they wanted him there when school resumed in jan. Better get after it then unless they already have one in house or will hire a retired one. 

Don't hire an old guy that's just gonna be there a few yrs.

Don't hire a young guy that just looking to use it as a stepping stone to get to a bigger job. 

Find a guy that #1 has proven he can turn around a program, even if he was a coordinator. #2 find a guy that wants to be in Harleton for an extended period, consistancy is a big deal for long term success 

7 minutes ago, spanky said:

Don't hire an old guy that's just gonna be there a few yrs.

Don't hire a young guy that just looking to use it as a stepping stone to get to a bigger job. 

Find a guy that #1 has proven he can turn around a program, even if he was a coordinator. #2 find a guy that wants to be in Harleton for an extended period, consistancy is a big deal for long term success 

@spanky

This is a formula that many, many schools should employ but few do.

1 hour ago, Destry said:

How long will they keep it open? Had heard one time that they wanted him there when school resumed in jan. Better get after it then unless they already have one in house or will hire a retired one. 

Application deadline is January 15.

Always amazes me a guy will get a job and you look at his record,  been a HC for 15-17 yrs and has 60-70 or so wins.  That's about 4 wins per yr. Not impressive, but he's got experience (losing)!

• Like 1

They did contact Keeling. I know that for a fact. 2 of the board members told me. Keeling told them he couldn’t or wouldn’t come because he has kids in Waskom. He also said he wouldn’t come unless the job was AD/Head Football. He was there #1 choice. 

22 minutes ago, justafan said:

They did contact Keeling. I know that for a fact. 2 of the board members told me. Keeling told them he couldn’t or wouldn’t come because he has kids in Waskom. He also said he wouldn’t come unless the job was AD/Head Football. He was there #1 choice. 

I think you meant to post this on the Center thread.