๐Ÿ’œ UPDATE: Stephen F. Austin hires Colby Carthel (from A&M-Commerce)

ETxFB299

I always thought Dodge would be a hit at North Texas...as they did...I figured he'd get his boy Riley up there QB'ing to start and then the Southlake kids and big Dallas kids (Highland Park, etc) would roll to him and it would become a power that way. I believe he thought that too...it didn't happen of course. He seems to have things going good now at Austin Westlake and his boy Riley now leading Southlake Carroll.ย 

3 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I always thought Dodge would be a hit at North Texas...as they did...I figured he'd get his boy Riley up there QB'ing to start and then the Southlake kids and big Dallas kids (Highland Park, etc) would roll to him and it would become a power that way. I believe he thought that too...it didn't happen of course. He seems to have things going good now at Austin Westlake and his boy Riley now leading Southlake Carroll.ย 

You can blame the incompetent UNT athletic department for giving him a small hiring budget. He brought a lot of high school coaches with him, and they were out coached.ย 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

yes, but a totally different level than he's interested in being at. he still does like the "light" and enjoys the perks the larger towns now provide.

Perks? ... lol ... I would take Nacogdoches over anywhere in Arkansas to live and raise a family ...

• LOL! 1

53 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I have lived in Arkansas, it's about as backwards as any place I have been ... Nacogdoches would be an upgrade over anywhere in Arkansas ...ย 

The only state where republicans will try to justify Bill Clinton's affairs...

If it is the A&M Commerce Coach he should be available next Saturday afternoon. They catch Tarleton State again in the 2nd round of the DII playoffs, if they sneak up and beat Tarleton then SFA Alum and Head Coach Todd Whitten would be available. I am pulling for the A&M Commerce coach to get the job then. GO TEXANS!

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

Whitten didn't do so hot the last time he was at the FCS level. Sam was glad to get rid of him.ย 

I understand, sometimes it is just not the right fit or maybe he was just not ready for that big of a stage.ย  Often it takes some bumpy roads for a coach to settle in as they age and figure out a style that fits them.ย  I personally think he will stay at Tarleton and help them make the move to the FCS level, at least there he would be doing with a foundation he already controls and is comfortable with.

ย 

ย 

41 minutes ago, sawboss said:

I understand, sometimes it is just not the right fit or maybe he was just not ready for that big of a stage.ย  Often it takes some bumpy roads for a coach to settle in as they age and figure out a style that fits them.ย  I personally think he will stay at Tarleton and help them make the move to the FCS level, at least there he would be doing with a foundation he already controls and is comfortable with.

ย 

ย 

Agreed.ย 

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Talk about ignorance, Nacogdoches is in the top 5 ... lol

ย 

2 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

You are dumb, Fayetville Arkansas is in the top 10 places to live in the country dude.

What are we basing these rankings on? Just curious.ย 

2 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Any ETBU people have opinions on Josh Eargle? Ivey was at Austin Peay, when Eargle was hired and was in the running for the HC opening.

no complaints about what he did at ETBU....ย  but it was defense optional most of the time there....

As an East Texas guy that has coached all over in college in a smaller sport and got taken to bigger areas, etc...I don't care for Fayetteville at all (think it's actually tiny with very little to do, considering that area has now over a million people)...I think if you were a hunter/outdoors person you'd love the combo of high fulootin' with purty outdoorsy. If you're busy 24/7 coaching and recruiting it's hard to take advantage of that...or care about it. They do those rankings on the SEC Network constantly and yes, Fayetteville ranks super high on college towns to live in...again, I don't see it. There are hot college coed's EVERYWHERE (meaning nearly every campus...if you have sun and booze, then there are hot chicks...that describes the entire south...the bigger the state school, the more you see...look at a list to find the biggest TEXAS and TEXAS A&M and I bet you'll figure out where the most are).

Personally, I liked an area where the metro area was huge with easy to travel in traffic didn't constantly stall up; could get in and out of the city easy - live in suburbs - or provided university livingย for a year or two for the coach/familyย needs to be idiot...jobs for the spouse were easy to comeby or the university came up with "something soft"...just some thoughts.

• Mr. P changed the title to ๐Ÿ’œ UPDATE: Stephen F. Austin hires Colby Carthel (from A&M-Commerce)