The FIFTH Annual What a REAL NCAA Football Playoff Looks Like Sponsored by WestHardinFan1

RETIREDFAN1

1 minute ago, ETXfan16 said:

Sorry, I brought up the big 10 because wetsu made a comment saying that at least Penn State didn't lose to Maryland. So that's why I was referring to OSU and the big 10. I agree with your point. I'm not trying to jab at A&M, just defending my team. We were on different pages. My b

Oh yeah I gotcha. Didn't really read WETSU's post.

And herein lies the problem. When you troll, you do a bit of collateral damage and get others to respond in similar fashions about other teams. -_-

Like I said, if Texas beats Georgia, then I'll be happy to say that Texas could've won the SEC East. 

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

Oh yeah I gotcha. Didn't really read WETSU's post.

And herein lies the problem. When you troll, you do a bit of collateral damage and get others to respond in similar fashions about other teams. -_-

Like I said, if Texas beats Georgia, then I'll be happy to say that Texas could've won the SEC East. 

Yup, and that's why I usual don't respond haha. But I made that mistake this time.

I don't think they do. I just hope its close!

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Texas only beat TWO teams with an above .500 record this season. Only played 3 for that matter... Texas schedule was very weak this year. You can argue the extra conference game all you want, but that doesn’t change that if Texas hadn’t beat ou this year, we would be talking about beating Iowa st as the only team on the plus side of .500.

You can also argue that Texas was 4-1 against the Top 25 prior to losing to OU this past weekend. Texas finished anywhere from 12th - 16th in SOS. I'd hardly call that "very weak."

1 minute ago, Lhornfan said:

You can also argue that Texas was 4-1 against the Top 25 prior to losing to OU this past weekend. Texas finished anywhere from 12th - 16th in SOS. I'd hardly call that "very weak."

Let’s be real here... usc, tech and TCU were some of those top 25 wins, and not one finished above .500. You can’t judge their schedule like that. 

My original comment was mainly a joke because while both Penn st and Texas are 9-3 and the Texas fan said it was a joke to have penn st ahead of Texas. Penn st embarrassed their only common opponent. I was just saying it’s not a joke to have penn st above Texas at this point. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Let’s be real here... usc, tech and TCU were some of those top 25 wins, and not one finished above .500. You can’t judge their schedule like that. 

My original comment was mainly a joke because while both Penn st and Texas are 9-3 and the Texas fan said it was a joke to have penn st ahead of Texas. Penn st embarrassed their only common opponent. I was just saying it’s not a joke to have penn st above Texas at this point. 

Fair enough, but that doesn't change the fact their SOS was strong being in the Top 15. And who knew USC was going to #### balls?

8 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Fair enough, but that doesn't change the fact their SOS was strong being in the Top 15. And who knew USC was going to #### balls?

Oh I’m not blaming Texas for their schedule. They tried to bring usc in and who knew tcu, Oklahoma st and KSU would all be down. 

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:13 PM, WestHardinfan1 said:

Round 1: December 15

15 UAB vs. 2 Clemson @ Las Vegas Bowl

7 Michigan vs. 10 Florida @ Texas Bowl in Houston

11 LSU vs. 6 Ohio State @ San Antonio Bowl

14 Appalachian State vs. 3 Notre Dame 2 @ Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa

12 Penn State vs. 5 Georgia @ Sun Bowl in El Paso

13 Fresno State vs. 4 Oklahoma @ Camellia Bowl in Montgomery

9 Washington vs. 8 Central Florida @ New Mexico Bowl in Albuquerque

16 Northern Illinois vs. 1 Alabama @ Cure Bowl in Orlando

Round 2: December 22

UAB/Clemson vs. Michigan/Florida @ The Rose Bowl in Pasadena

LSU/Ohio St. vs App. St./Notre Dame @ The Peach Bowl in Atlanta

Penn St./Georgia vs Fresno St./Oklahoma @ The Sugar Bowl in New Orleans

Washington/UCF vs. N. Ill./Alabama @ The Fiesta Bowl in Glendale

Semifinals: December 29

@ Cotton Bowl

@ Orange Bowl

Finals January 7

@ Santa Clara

Looks like a winner! ....

• Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:52 PM, WETSU said:

We have this same debate every year... the group of 5 teams need to have their own championship. 

That would systematically eliminate them from a possible national championship and all the $$$ and notoriety that goes with it .... any TRUE playoff has to include all conference champions at a minimum .... that would also be collusion against the perceived lesser conferences ....

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

That would systematically eliminate them from a possible national championship and all the $$$ and notoriety that goes with it .... any TRUE playoff has to include all conference champions at a minimum .... that would also be collusion against the perceived lesser conferences ....

:thumbsup:

On 12/3/2018 at 2:50 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

Right... I don't care about Ohio State....

Alabama's closest game before this weekend was a 22-point win over A&M. 

Georgia had one loss, to LSU. Other than that, they steamrolled everyone else. Definitely didn't lose 2 conference games, or to a 5-7 opponent.

So my point is... And bringing up Ohio State doesn't change this... Is that to play for an SEC Championship this season was much tougher than playing for a Big XII Championship. He brought up that Texas played for the Big XII Title as some "Gotcha!" claim to get at A&M fans... When in reality it was a much easier, more forgiving task to play for the Big XII title than an SEC title. 

well the Aggies played a heck of a game in a the SEC Championship Game this year, oh wait. I meant last year's. Nope, I meant 2016's SEC Championship Game that A&M was a part of...oh wait they missed that one...oh snap they've missed as many SEC Championship Games as the Longhorns have, all of them!!!

3 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

well the Aggies played a heck of a game in a the SEC Championship Game this year, oh wait. I meant last year's. Nope, I meant 2016's SEC Championship Game that A&M was a part of...oh wait they missed that one...oh snap they've missed as many SEC Championship Games as the Longhorns have, all of them!!!

Yes, that's been established. We've discussed that til the end... You're about a week late, but I forgive you for being slow. 

Round 2: December 22

Clemson vs. Michigan @ The Rose Bowl in Pasadena

LSU vs Notre Dame @ The Peach Bowl in Atlanta

Georgia vs Oklahoma @ The Sugar Bowl in New Orleans

UCF vs. Alabama @ The Fiesta Bowl in Glendale

Semifinals: December 29

Clemson vs. Notre Dame @ The Cotton Bowl

Georgia vs. Alabama @ The Orange Bowl

Finals January 7

Clemson vs. Alabama @ Santa Clara