The FIFTH Annual What a REAL NCAA Football Playoff Looks Like Sponsored by WestHardinFan1

RETIREDFAN1

Round 1: December 15

15 UAB vs. 2 Clemson @ Las Vegas Bowl

7 Michigan vs. 10 Florida @ Texas Bowl in Houston

11 LSU vs. 6 Ohio State @ San Antonio Bowl

14 Appalachian State vs. 3 Notre Dame 2 @ Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa

12 Penn State vs. 5 Georgia @ Sun Bowl in El Paso

13 Fresno State vs. 4 Oklahoma @ Camellia Bowl in Montgomery

9 Washington vs. 8 Central Florida @ New Mexico Bowl in Albuquerque

16 Northern Illinois vs. 1 Alabama @ Cure Bowl in Orlando

Round 2: December 22

UAB/Clemson vs. Michigan/Florida @ The Rose Bowl in Pasadena

LSU/Ohio St. vs App. St./Notre Dame @ The Peach Bowl in Atlanta

Penn St./Georgia vs Fresno St./Oklahoma @ The Sugar Bowl in New Orleans

Washington/UCF vs. N. Ill./Alabama @ The Fiesta Bowl in Glendale

Semifinals: December 29

@ Cotton Bowl

@ Orange Bowl

Finals January 7

@ Santa Clara

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seeds 13-16 are completely irrelevant and do not belong in this list. Make it an 8 team playoff with 3 at large bids. 

1. Bama

2. Clemson

3. OU

4. Ohio st

5. Washington

6. Notre Dame 

7. Georgia

8. UCF

thats your playoff and anything more than that is unnecessary. 

1 hour ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Round 1: December 15

15 UAB vs. 2 Clemson @ Las Vegas Bowl

7 Michigan vs. 10 Florida @ Texas Bowl in Houston

11 LSU vs. 6 Ohio State @ San Antonio Bowl

14 Appalachian State vs. 3 Notre Dame 2 @ Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa

12 Penn State vs. 5 Georgia @ Sun Bowl in El Paso

13 Fresno State vs. 4 Oklahoma @ Camellia Bowl in Montgomery

9 Washington vs. 8 Central Florida @ New Mexico Bowl in Albuquerque

16 Northern Illinois vs. 1 Alabama @ Cure Bowl in Orlando

Round 2: December 22

UAB/Clemson vs. Michigan/Florida @ The Rose Bowl in Pasadena

LSU/Ohio St. vs App. St./Notre Dame @ The Peach Bowl in Atlanta

Penn St./Georgia vs Fresno St./Oklahoma @ The Sugar Bowl in New Orleans

Washington/UCF vs. N. Ill./Alabama @ The Fiesta Bowl in Glendale

Semifinals: December 29

@ Cotton Bowl

@ Orange Bowl

Finals January 7

@ Santa Clara

this is a total joke...having Penn State in there instead of Texas...I quit reading it once I saw that

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

We have this same debate every year... the group of 5 teams need to have their own championship. 

I don't have a problem with this if NCAA would put the group of 5 in their own division. I just can't understand how you can sale a program to kids when you beat everyone on your schedule and have no chance to play for the NC. There's no doubt UCF doesn't play the schedule that the Top 4 played, but I also don't see Power 5 teams lining up to play UCF right now. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That says more about the conference than Texas, tbh. 

Ehhh. Texas was 7-3 in conference play. That's a better conference record than either 2nd place from each SEC division. And it does make a difference when you play everyone in your conference in my opinion.

20 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Ehhh. Texas was 7-3 in conference play. That's a better conference record than either 2nd place from each SEC division. And it does make a difference when you play everyone in your conference in my opinion.

To play for an SEC Championship, you had to be Alabama (#1, undefeated) or Georgia (#4, 1 loss at the time). 

A record of 8-2 (not 7-3) got Texas to their conference championship. They wouldn't have played for an SEC title in either division. 

So again, it says more about the conference that a team that can't beat Maryland (and who struggles with Tulsa) can make a conference championship game. 

I guess we'll see. If Texas can beat Georgia, then maybe things will look differently. 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

To play for an SEC Championship, you had to be Alabama (#1, undefeated) or Georgia (#4, 1 loss at the time). 

A record of 8-2 (not 7-3) got Texas to their conference championship. They wouldn't have played for an SEC title in either division. 

So again, it says more about the conference that a team that can't beat Maryland (and who struggles with Tulsa) can make a conference championship game. 

I guess we'll see. If Texas can beat Georgia, then maybe things will look differently. 

Maryland seems to be a hot topic with folks telling me how non-deserving Texas is this year. I guess that's fair seeing how Ohio State was left out due to a loss to Purdue.

Our conference champion also struggled with Army... so there's that.

9 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Maryland seems to be a hot topic with folks telling me how non-deserving Texas is this year. I guess that's fair seeing how Ohio State was left out due to a loss to Purdue.

Our conference champion also struggled with Army... so there's that.

18 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That Maryland loss was Texas' worst loss, and it was by 5 points. Their other two losses during the season were by a total of 4 points.

And Ohio State struggled with Maryland by 1, and beat 2-7 Nebraska by 5, yet still played in their conference title game.  Man, it's fun nitpicking games.

6 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

That Maryland loss was Texas' worst loss, and it was by 5 points. Their other two losses during the season were by a total of 4 points.

And Ohio State struggled with Maryland by 1, and beat 2-7 Nebraska by 5.  Man, it's fun nitpicking games.

Right... I don't care about Ohio State....

Alabama's closest game before this weekend was a 22-point win over A&M. 

Georgia had one loss, to LSU. Other than that, they steamrolled everyone else. Definitely didn't lose 2 conference games, or to a 5-7 opponent.

So my point is... And bringing up Ohio State doesn't change this... Is that to play for an SEC Championship this season was much tougher than playing for a Big XII Championship. He brought up that Texas played for the Big XII Title as some "Gotcha!" claim to get at A&M fans... When in reality it was a much easier, more forgiving task to play for the Big XII title than an SEC title. 

39 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Texas only beat TWO teams with an above .500 record this season. Only played 3 for that matter... Texas schedule was very weak this year. You can argue the extra conference game all you want, but that doesn’t change that if Texas hadn’t beat ou this year, we would be talking about beating Iowa st as the only team on the plus side of .500.

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

Seeds 13-16 are completely irrelevant and do not belong in this list. Make it an 8 team playoff with 3 at large bids. 

1. Bama

2. Clemson

3. OU

4. Ohio st

5. Washington

6. Notre Dame 

7. Georgia

8. UCF

thats your playoff and anything more than that is unnecessary. 

I like this but I would have Georgia at 4. Them playing Georgia in the first round would leave a very good team out.

Clemson that is.

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Right... I don't care about Ohio State....

Alabama's closest game before this weekend was a 22-point win over A&M. 

Georgia had one loss, to LSU. Other than that, they steamrolled everyone else. Definitely didn't lose 2 conference games, or to a 5-7 opponent.

So my point is... And bringing up Ohio State doesn't change this... Is that to play for an SEC Championship this season was much tougher than playing for a Big XII Championship. He brought up that Texas played for the Big XII Title as some "Gotcha!" claim to get at A&M fans... When in reality it was a much easier, more forgiving task to play for the Big XII title than an SEC title. 

Sorry, I brought up the big 10 because wetsu made a comment saying that at least Penn State didn't lose to Maryland. So that's why I was referring to OSU and the big 10. I agree with your point. I'm not trying to jab at A&M, just defending my team. We were on different pages. My b

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Texas only beat TWO teams with an above .500 record this season. Only played 3 for that matter... Texas schedule was very weak this year. You can argue the extra conference game all you want, but that doesn’t change that if Texas hadn’t beat ou this year, we would be talking about beating Iowa st as the only team on the plus side of .500.

But they did.