Urban Meyer Stepping Down

Stoney

26 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

yes, doctors have misdiagnosed Ohio St. not backing him totally and an ingrown hair/oil/dirt follicle on his scalp into Florida St. getting them a new coach in 2020.  

Florida State and USC can have a bidding war.  We know that FSU won’t top $7.5million a year though

51 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

yes, doctors have misdiagnosed Ohio St. not backing him totally and an ingrown hair/oil/dirt follicle on his scalp into Florida St. getting them a new coach in 2020.  

Maybe it’s just a deal of the Florida climate being more conducive to good health. That’s gotta be the reason. 

nah, Kliff Kingsbury will be that good looking, tan guy that runs a high octane offense and I bet out there after being there a year w/ old Lynn Swann and others they will like him and continue to hate Clay Helton...Clay's lucky he won't get another loss to Texas in 2019 which would be the end right there, they'd say "Kliff beat Texas and he looks USC, we'll give him a shot!" 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Maybe it’s just a deal of the Florida climate being more conducive to good health. That’s gotta be the reason. 

man, he'll seem like a savior again down there winning another national title...

imagine the bandits he can recruit there...

or the rate of after hours coach to recruiting-intern sex that could take place...it could break a record

🤣

10 hours ago, AKA said:

Ohio is the trailer park of the United States.

I've got a lot of family in Ohio/Michigan/Pennsylvania, and every five years we have a family reunion at my aunt's place in Mansfield (near Columbus).

The landscape is quite pretty. Rolling hills, a lot of farm land and cornfields. But by and large the place is a toilet. Nothing but meth and booze and wannabe gang-bangers. All my cousins who live there are messed up on drugs and domestic drama. It makes Rusk County look like Shangri-La. 

If Ohio is the trailer park, then I'd say Oklahoma is the armpit or worse of the United States, but I think California is trying their best to be or worse.  I had brothers that lived in Cincinnati and Columbus, and I didn't think it was that bad.  I didn't think Dayton was bad either with the Air Force Museum.  It has been over 20 years since I've been there, so I'm just going on what I remember.  

20 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

If Ohio is the trailer park, then I'd say Oklahoma is the armpit or worse of the United States, but I think California is trying their best to be or worse.  I had brothers that lived in Cincinnati and Columbus, and I didn't think it was that bad.  I didn't think Dayton was bad either with the Air Force Museum.  It has been over 20 years since I've been there, so I'm just going on what I remember.  

meth is cheap in Ohio...you can get in bulk on aisle 7 of everyone of your local Walmarts

On 12/5/2018 at 6:08 PM, DaveTV1 said:

hey, that's what makes watching Live PD good on Friday/Saturday...you find out where never to go...makes where you live look a lot better 👍

14 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

They say the same about Oklahoma.  I hated it up there especially the toll roads.  

and a former AD at Ore City told me something similar once too (the meth part) - "people around here are lake trash, they just live for their next hit of meth...that's all they care about"...they may have hillbillies hanging out by oil top bridges charging old people to cross in the form of "toll roads"...much like what I remember of the lifestyle living/coaching in Alabama.

14 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

They say the same about Oklahoma.  I hated it up there especially the toll roads.  

I had to make a trip up to Miami Oklahoma last year, it's I  the far northeast corner of Oklahoma .... the way they do their tolls is really weird.    You pay a full toll up front and wherever you exit along the way they refund a part of your toll .... I have never seen that before ...

14 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

and a former AD at Ore City told me something similar once too (the meth part) - "people around here are lake trash, they just live for their next hit of meth...that's all they care about"...they may have hillbillies hanging out by oil top bridges charging old people to cross in the form of "toll roads"...much like what I remember of the lifestyle living/coaching in Alabama.

Uphsur County lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Valhalla said:

You haven’t been around Upshur county much lol.

You don't know me very well do you.  While I haven't been there but about three times in the past 10 years, in the 70's, 80's, and 90's I was there a lot, because both of my parents were from Kelsey 6 miles west of Gilmer.  I was there almost every weekend, because that's ground zero for a lot of my family.  My grandfather on my Dad's side moved there in the late 1890's, and my great great grandfather's on my Mom's side of the family were there in the 1870's.  If you know any Denton's, Lindsey's, Hamberleins  or Greens those are my cousins.  Most of my Dad's side of the family moved as far away as they could get from Upshur Co., because it was too rural for them.  I was thinking about Pearl Harbor today, and if you scroll down to the WW II Vets on this website 17 of those that served I know I'm related to.  7 of them are Uncles and one is my Dad.    http://genealogytrails.com/tex/pineywoods/upshur/kelseycemetery.htm  .  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Lived in Smith County for 18 years and loved it. Didn't really venture outside of it unless I had too lol

I really didn't care for Smith Co. it was like a different world.  Then again I grew up in Gregg Co., and the people weren't as cliquish there as they are in Smith.  

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

Upshur County folks, we a special type. It depends how far back off a oil top or FM or state HWY you live that defines that level of special. 

I think it's how people were raised.  My Momma's family grew up on the land in the Kelsey bottoms.  You can't even get to that place now, because Lake Gilmer covers it.  I'm sure there's some "special" people there, but back when I was growing up it was just hard working farmers and dairymen.  

• Like 1