Conference Realignment?

Stoney

5 hours ago, lion70 said:

It would benefit them more in the Big ten. It would also make the big ten better. Way more realistic than hoping Arkansas or an Acc team joins the current big 12. I mean look when Texas was absolute garbage and Ou wasn't normally good. Tcu/Baylor weren't taken seriously as a champ . The big 12 will never be as good as it once was and Ou/Texas have to be good for anyone to take them seriously.

Still didn’t explain WHY the big10 would be better

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Texas won’t go to Big10, I doubt OU would either

I doubt it either but that's what started this thread and basically only legit option if they were invited. I guess the PAC but they already turned them down.

• Stinks 3

25 minutes ago, lion70 said:

I doubt it either but that's what started this thread and basically only legit option if they were invited. I guess the PAC but they already turned them down.

Every P5 has supposedly tried for Texas/OU and   Hasn’t happened.  Tells me that Big12 is either looking at status quo or expansion

• Stinks 1

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Every P5 has supposedly tried for Texas/OU and   Hasn’t happened.  Tells me that Big12 is either looking at status quo or expansion

LoL that didn't remotely happen and they are happy with ten teams and no power 5 team is coming .

• Stinks 4

1. for the ? how would UT and OU make the Big 10 better -- both schools carry the power, money, history, and cache of Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and Nebraska...the four Big 10 top dogs. when you put 2 teams as good or better in your conference, it gives your conference more opportunity to win...you win consistently then all of a sudden things change as the power. the SEC is great, but as Saban slows down and this stranglehold is relenting then we'll see the ACC and Big 12 and Big 10 fighting pretty evenly again with their power schools.

2. splitting OU to the SEC and UT to the PAC 12 -- yes, I guess this is possible of course. I would think West Virginia would also go to the SEC at that point (they had been courted in the past...as had UT been courted by the PAC). I believe if Texas went west, they would make the allowances we've heard where Texas would only play 1 or so late games a year and everything else played out there on the west coast would just be scheduled at an early time so to match up more appropriately with the CST. 

3. UT going independent -- does Texas have the money, friendly academics, following, etc to make this happen like Notre Dame? yes...probably much more easily than Notre Dame with their own TV Network, huge alumni network and cheaper tuition that draws in the constant enrollment of over 50K students (and they'd draw even more). that all being said, I don't think they would do it...and I hope they don't ever. I like being in a conference. I don't like the current makeup of the Big 12 and would like a huge fruit basket conference makeover like we get to do on XBOX 360 NCAA Football (my conferences are awesome). 

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I’m not sure they had a choice because of their FBS football program.

Regardless, instead of losing to UH, SMU, and USF, now they can lose to Butler, Creighton, and Georgetown. They also get beat downs from Villanova and Marquette 

9 hours ago, topher805 said:

Regardless, instead of losing to UH, SMU, and USF, now they can lose to Butler, Creighton, and Georgetown. They also get beat downs from Villanova and Marquette 

UCONN was trending upwards in football compared to their past... but recruiting in the Northeast is not sustainable in college football and when your biggest draw is your basketball team...  not sure that is going to land the players you need to build the program the correct way.

40 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

UCONN was trending upwards in football compared to their past... but recruiting in the Northeast is not sustainable in college football and when your biggest draw is your basketball team...  not sure that is going to land the players you need to build the program the correct way.

Cant blame them for trying to cash in on football and try to build something, the move just went south quick because football never took off and basketball has completely fallen off the map.

Actually, looking at all the original Big East schools and the state of their basketball programs is pretty amazing...

On 6/22/2019 at 12:43 PM, topher805 said:

The Big East doesn't have any Div 1 (or whatever you call it) football affiliations. Is UConn going to downgrade their football program?

12 hours ago, Baron said:

The Big East doesn't have any Div 1 (or whatever you call it) football affiliations. Is UConn going to downgrade their football program?

Maybe WVU, Pitt, Boston College, Miami, Virginia Tech, Temple, and Rutgers make a triumphant return?

14 hours ago, Baron said:

The American conference said that they will not allow UConn to be a football only member.

They will probably end up being independent.

With the upcoming 8th anniversary of A&M, Mizzou joining the SEC and West Virginia, TCU joining the Big 12 here’s a look at how program’s have fared since then in conference.

16592B80-B366-400C-A681-F2AEEB5FC044.jpeg

0016BD51-27C3-41D3-AB6B-FBB8CE204BE9.jpeg

10 hours ago, Stoney said:

With the upcoming 8th anniversary of A&M, Mizzou joining the SEC and West Virginia, TCU joining the Big 12 here’s a look at how program’s have fared since then in conference.

16592B80-B366-400C-A681-F2AEEB5FC044.jpeg

0016BD51-27C3-41D3-AB6B-FBB8CE204BE9.jpeg

WVU has been awful.  Missouri would have been bad in either conference.  Texas A&M has faired pretty well, although there were a few years that I think they could have won the b12 had they have stayed.

• Like 1

I think it’s a pretty small segment of fans that can look at what A&M has done in the SEC and call it a failure. I’m sure some were expecting the type of results Arkansas and Tennessee have had.